Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

estibot?

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think estibot could be used as a useful tool!

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tldrental, thanks for the insight.
useless to who? you, because you don't know how to use the data?

Useless because anybody, even myself and hookah already know how to pull numbers out of our a**. :D

Last edited:

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a scale from 1 to 10 I would say about -1
It's a bot.

exactly

if you check the ads of most sellers around the forums who quote estibot appraisal figures or traffic stats, please notice that members "join date".

money used to be backed by gold

maybe, if estibot is backed by money, we could take it seriously

if the creator of estibot offers to pay the amount "estibotted" for any domain
then we have the tool that everyone accepts...

:smilewinkgrin:

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
exactly
money used to be backed by gold
maybe, if estibot is backed by money, we could take it seriously

:smilewinkgrin:

That is a good point, which is the big disconnect. No one is making the statement that estibot can out appraise a human appraisal, I don't see any claims that this is "God" or the mighty "Green" dollar that trades for silver or gold cert.

The suggestion is to use it with an open mind as a tool to help you. I understand for most of you this is hard to do, there is a lot of ego involved.

It's is just a tool to help gauge estimated value and I will repeat use with caution. At the end of the day the buyer makes the final appraisal.

Here is the actual quote from the about page, if you guys would take the time to read it.

It is pretty self explanatory. Anyways I am done with this thread, and replying. Sometimes you cant force the horse to drink.

Use EstiBot to Your Advantage

More than anything, EstiBot is here to help you valuate your domain name. It will provide you with keyword data and domain registration information, and a ballpark valuation to give you a starting point for your own, critical appraisal of the domain name.
I emphasize that while EstiBot often hits the right ballpark, some estimates may be quite a bit off. Statistically, on an average, Estibot is quite accurate, but individual appraisals can be off the mark. An automatic valuator will never be able to account for everything, because a domain's value is not a scientific absolute, but depends on countless variables, the most important being the motivation of both the seller and the buyer.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also used estibot to cherry pick PlanetHollywoodHotel.com for $2 which I resold 3 months later for over $1000

As well as used estibot to cherry pick VipNation.com from ebay for $2 and change which I sold around a month later for $2,500

As it turns out I undersold it to a fake person that turned out to be www.LiveNation.com, thus I might have been able to get more for it than $2,500. The guy who is pissed is the one that sold it to me for $2....lol!! at least I took something to the bank!

I have other examples, I just don't want to sound bag you guys any longer...sorry?

Please let me know what you think about UsingKeywords.com and the estibot evaluation?
If you can flip a 3-worder for $,$$$ I would say you are a good salesman and you don't need a tool to make sensible purchases :)
It could be that you have the magic touch ;)
Most importantly, would you pay the amount quoted. Put yourself in the shoes of an end user... :cool:

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you can flip a 3-worder for $,$$$ I would say you are a good salesman and you don't need a tool to make sensible purchases :)
It could be that you have the magic touch ;)

Your right I am one of those who dont need this tool, but I still find it useful.

I think it's a lot of prayer, and 8 years facilitating different positions and jobs in the online industry some of which very creditable positions of high ranking management. Sales did sometime play a part in my history though, I see where you get that impression.That part of me is hard to keep locked up in a box. My magic is "God" and prayers.

I like this tool because it give me instant analysis and the metrics it uses saves me a lot of foot work in decision making.

After estibot gives me its dump i can then start my analysis, attempt to verify stats, verify its score for the parameters that interest me agaist other sources I consider creditable.

After all this info is gathered I use my own personal expirence and knowledge of the direction the wind is blowing to make assement of what the domain is valued to me, which is usually different form the next guy's analysis and different from estibot +/-

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The owner/developer had a great idea, Offer a tool that estimates domains, Doesn't matter how accurate it is, Just create the tool to Draw in traffic, Advertising and earn commissions from Sedo and Monikers paid appraisals.

The tool is useless... Try entering some of your private domain sales and you'll see how far off it is... I just entered one that recently sold for $7000.00, Estibot appraised it at $70.00, their only 100 times off. :rolleyes:

And Yes, I did enter it correctly; domain name.com

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It could also mean the 3-worder is getting type-in traffic.
SSHH!!!! it's no use convincing anyone anymore, keep the magic to yourself.
That's why I edited most of my post and pulled the info out.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TripleCreditReport.com just sold for $260,000. Estibot came up with $180 value.
iReport.com sold for $750,000. Estibot value $100.
A domain I sold for $4000 is estibot'd at $80.

Estibot.com -->$270, that is an actual appraisal of itself, :)

I think estibot's author is a bright person. He has posted in the forums before and recognizes the inherent limitations of a bot. So it's more for amusement than a valid appraisal tool. There is no substitute for human judgement.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
TripleCreditReport.com just sold for $260,000. Estibot came up with $180 value.
A domain I sold for $4000 is estibot'd at $80.

Estibot.com -->$270, that is an actual appraisal of itself, :)

Not surprising.

I think estibot's author is a bright person. He has posted in the forums before and recognizes the inherent limitations of a bot. So it's more for amusement than a valid appraisal tool. There is no substitute for human judgement.

Agree... As Biggedon pointed out earlier in this thread, some newbies take that amusement way too serious, posting Estibot appraisals in their sales threads, like it has merit. :rolleyes:

IBN

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A quick lesson in using Human evaluation & understanding vs Estibot for your domains:

From Estibot itself: (This statement shows up after you put in you domain name)

IMPORTANT: The purpose of Estibot.com is to give you keyword data and information about your domain. The dollar valuation is not to be taken literally - it may change, and it is only a quick-look measure of the keyword metrics.

Do not make a purchase or sale decision based on this appraisal

Before you buy or sell, EstiBot recommends that you check the NameBio database for market prices. Also, consider getting a Professional Appraisal

Then go back and read the thread.......

I like it and use it as a nice tool.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

You expect a tool to take this into account when it was the first "i" sale which sold for a significant price? That's asking a lot. Most domainers wouldn't have appraised this for even close to this amount previous to the sale.

nathanr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
esti bot is the perfect(-ish) tool for sorting the wheat from the chaff, where it kicks in to play the strongest is on avail/bulk checking - personally I would never use it to decide what to sell at; but I do often use it when deciding what to buy; if it values high then the domain has decent wordtracker & ad revenue, and if domain is being searched naturally and has associated ppc's; then it's got to be worth reg fee at least.

The only area I see it failing is on generic terms of real life things that a human can spot; such as AstrologySociety.com and similars.

All in though the bulk check, whilst a little slow, is definately a great feature - run 50 domains, cp into excel, sort by value - pick what you want, then sort by ppc then wordtracker, and odd's are you've quickly found 95% of the worth buying domains :)

note: it always values tm domains and famous peep's names ultra high though.. like afroman.us, kelis.us - both avail, both esti'd over 4k but we all know they're barely worth reg fee less your selling to the artist direct.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A quick lesson in using Human evaluation & understanding vs Estibot for your domains:

From Estibot itself: (This statement shows up after you put in you domain name)

IMPORTANT: The purpose of Estibot.com is to give you keyword data and information about your domain. The dollar valuation is not to be taken literally - it may change, and it is only a quick-look measure of the keyword metrics.

Do not make a purchase or sale decision based on this appraisal

Before you buy or sell, EstiBot recommends that you check the NameBio database for market prices. Also, consider getting a Professional Appraisal

Then go back and read the thread.......

I like it and use it as a nice tool.

This is what we're stating about Estibot.

:focus:

Reminder from the first post:
How accurate is estibot in determining pricing?

I also use Estibot for various reasons..

There is no need in explaining us such obvious things (as some posters did here) about DNJournal recent sales and what info is included there LOL or if a tool is a God or not or about using it in conjunction with...etc. etc. It looks like forcing in an open door.

Estibot is a useful, complex domain info tool but not mainly devoted to produce certified domain appraisal in terms of reliability and validity (if someone thinks it is!). This is an answer to the first question.

By the way: Do you all think Adam Dicker will sell me DNForum.com based on Estibot estimation!? :tape2: (don't be so serious :cool:

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I paid the exact amount for a domain name that was quoted by Estibot,
so in my case it is 100% accurate.

The domain was listed for sale on sedo, I sent a low offer, and recived a return offer of for much more. I then sent my final offer and recived a buyout offer. After I took the buyout, I ran the domain name though Estibot.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators