Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.eu pre-registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many of you fellow europeans have been checking out .eu pre-registrations? I'm Irish so I just about qualify as a european lol
On a serious note I'm anticipating a good resllers market for premium .eu domains.Obviously demand will be nowhere near comparable with the .com market but I'm making efforts to add 40 or so .eu domains to my portfolio.
I figure that there will be an initial flourish for the prestige domains though I think it'll take years for the market to really establish itself.
Any feedback from other potential .eu speculators would be appreciated.

regards

andy

DomainShark

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've preregistered quite a few and will be adding more. It'll be interesting to see how many of them my registrars will actually manage to get.

My guess is that Germany will be the main market for .eu domains, as with .info domains.

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link it was very informative.Re: the (potential) german market I think you're definitely onto something.I figure the german market will lead this new extension though I also figure the english speaking market will be pretty strong.Afterall english is the second main language in most eu member states.It'll be interesting to keep track of anyhow.Don't see much value apart from first tier domains.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you don't think that preorders just helps the big companies know what is in demand, and that you will probably not get any of your preorders if they're for half decent domains?

DomainShark

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not expecting to get most of my preorders but if their values are similar to those of .biz and .info domains then I won't need a large number to have acquired a valuable portfolio. I'd have thought that preordering .eu domains would be a present a potentially big opportunity for the major dropcatchers like Snapnames and Pool that have a good track record of registering names as soon as they become available as I'm not convinced that companies that are offering pregistration services like Eurodns or domaindiscount24 have the same ability to rapidly purchase large numbers of names simultaneously.

Not quite sure what you mean by the preorders letting the big companies know what's in demand -- are you suggesting that the registrars might keep some of the names for themselves?

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure that a database of the most wanted names, in the form of preorders, would be valuable information for anyone wanting to gauge the market for .eu domains

DomainShark

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it would but (theoretically at least) the only people who have access to the databases are the registrars entrusted with the responsibility of trying to register the names on behalf of their clients

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you take Lycos, they only allow one time the same domain to be pre-reg. Once the registration will start, they will try to get as many domains as they can for their clients. I guess they just try to increase the number of their clients...
I would be very :angry: if Lycos can't get any of my pre-reg domains.

Where did u guys pre-reg ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom