• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.eu pre-registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namebrander

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
5,580
Reaction score
22
How many of you fellow europeans have been checking out .eu pre-registrations? I'm Irish so I just about qualify as a european lol
On a serious note I'm anticipating a good resllers market for premium .eu domains.Obviously demand will be nowhere near comparable with the .com market but I'm making efforts to add 40 or so .eu domains to my portfolio.
I figure that there will be an initial flourish for the prestige domains though I think it'll take years for the market to really establish itself.
Any feedback from other potential .eu speculators would be appreciated.


regards


andy
 
I've preregistered quite a few and will be adding more. It'll be interesting to see how many of them my registrars will actually manage to get.

My guess is that Germany will be the main market for .eu domains, as with .info domains.
 
Thanks for the link it was very informative.Re: the (potential) german market I think you're definitely onto something.I figure the german market will lead this new extension though I also figure the english speaking market will be pretty strong.Afterall english is the second main language in most eu member states.It'll be interesting to keep track of anyhow.Don't see much value apart from first tier domains.
 
i have registered about 30 of them, dont know how many i will get though
 
So you don't think that preorders just helps the big companies know what is in demand, and that you will probably not get any of your preorders if they're for half decent domains?
 
I'm not expecting to get most of my preorders but if their values are similar to those of .biz and .info domains then I won't need a large number to have acquired a valuable portfolio. I'd have thought that preordering .eu domains would be a present a potentially big opportunity for the major dropcatchers like Snapnames and Pool that have a good track record of registering names as soon as they become available as I'm not convinced that companies that are offering pregistration services like Eurodns or domaindiscount24 have the same ability to rapidly purchase large numbers of names simultaneously.

Not quite sure what you mean by the preorders letting the big companies know what's in demand -- are you suggesting that the registrars might keep some of the names for themselves?
 
Well, I'm pretty sure that a database of the most wanted names, in the form of preorders, would be valuable information for anyone wanting to gauge the market for .eu domains
 
I'm sure it would but (theoretically at least) the only people who have access to the databases are the registrars entrusted with the responsibility of trying to register the names on behalf of their clients
 
If you take Lycos, they only allow one time the same domain to be pre-reg. Once the registration will start, they will try to get as many domains as they can for their clients. I guess they just try to increase the number of their clients...
I would be very :angry: if Lycos can't get any of my pre-reg domains.

Where did u guys pre-reg ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom