• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

eurodns : pay 18 euros to change nameservers

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcamel

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
929
Reaction score
0
Just in case you didn't know that - if you have a .nl domain at EuroDns, you will have to pay 18 euros if you want to make ANY change to the domain - nameservers, registrant info etc..

Also, when you push a domain to another eurodns customer, the contact details do not change automatically and he will have to pay the 18 euros as well.
 
thanks for the info
btw- is it with all .nl registrars or only eurodns?
 
I dont think it's a .nl thing but a eurodns thing
 
Yes it will all at eurodns, same with .es extensions
 
thanks for the info. what about .fr? do you know whether you have to pay similar surcharges.
 
Thanks for the info OP....talk about highway robbery!
 
Ouch... too bad I bought a .nl domain from them yesterday... :(
 
Eurodns charges you 10 euros to refund any credit card payment. I scolded them, and I won, and they refunded my CC payment without charging the 1- euro fee. I will never give in to such idiotic charge.
 
Yep... it's like this with a lot of extensions there unfortunately.
 
I had high hopes for EUrodns earlier this year, and even years ago when they first publicised their pre launch .eu regs.
I know Freddy visits DNF.

It was a bitter disapointment for me.
I was left with a credit there, after they failed to catch any .eu names.
so I know use the balance to reg some names at 20 euros (after taxes), even if they are .coms.............
I didnt bother to ask for a refund.
The good part is at the last second, just before the landrush, I didnt wire them a huge amount and uploaded my .eu names.
its funny how at the time I thought I mised the chance, but now I am thankful I did not go through with it.

I am very disapointed with them, and I would NOT recommend them to anyone.
 
All the European registrars I am familar with suck big time, including easyspace, 1and1, safenames, IDP365 and a few others. The UK based ones are probably the worst for some odd reason.

P.S. For example, last year safenames in effect held 3 of my domains ransom and would only unlock them providing I agreed to first renew them all for 2 yrs at their very high standard renewal cost, even though they were not expired or even too close to expiration. They said once I early renew them for the 2 yrs they demanded they would then allow them to be transferred away. All of that is well documented in emails which I have saved. I reluctantly agreed to it as it was worth it to me just get the names out of that crap UK registrar.
 
IMO I would refrain from such strong statements in a public forum. Freddy is a business man and it's an open market.. you got the choice to NOT do business there, but bashing it because it's NOT the "norm" doesn't get you anywhere....
 
IMO I would refrain from such strong statements in a public forum. Freddy is a business man and it's an open market.. you got the choice to NOT do business there, but bashing it because it's NOT the "norm" doesn't get you anywhere....


I am not sure if you are referring to me.
so I will assume you are not.

freedom of speech and experience guarantees me that I can say what I want wherever I want, however I please to do so, and I assume all responsibility.

so, now, tell me, what is the problem with any of the above statements???
:fencing:
 
I am not sure if you are referring to me.
so I will assume you are not.

freedom of speech and experience guarantees me that I can say what I want wherever I want, however I please to do so, and I assume all responsibility.

so, now, tell me, what is the problem with any of the above statements???
:fencing:

I was actually referring to OgieOgalthorpe having said that re: your freedom of speech there's a little thing known as defamation so everything is relative in this world...
 
I was actually referring to OgieOgalthorpe having said that re: your freedom of speech there's a little thing known as defamation so everything is relative in this world...

interesting.
I wonder if that includes your history...

everything is relative, but there are absolutes as well.
a person's experience is an experience.

I repeat, is there a problem that you see with MY statements???
 
interesting.
I wonder if that includes your history...

everything is relative, but there are absolutes as well.
a person's experience is an experience.

I repeat, is there a problem that you see with MY statements???

Not sure what you mean about "my history" I'd love for you to enlighten me though...

if there was problem w/YOUR statements I would have said so.. I don't recall quoting you on my first msg and the 2nd one should have CLARIFIED that I was not referring to you

i'm in no mood for flamming so really don't see what your problem is....
 
I'll take that as a NO.
as fasr as my problem, I dont have one at the moment, other that a potential one with you...
I see you either forgot me, or , you actually do not remember me.
However, I remember you...

anyhow, I'll let it go, for now...
OgieOgalthorpe, was expressing his opinion.
you seem to have a problem with it.
if push comes to shove, I will 'remember' a few things...
and I will make sure everyone else does as well.
 
Just in case you didn't know that - if you have a .nl domain at EuroDns, you will have to pay 18 euros if you want to make ANY change to the domain - nameservers, registrant info etc..

Also, when you push a domain to another eurodns customer, the contact details do not change automatically and he will have to pay the 18 euros as well.

hi madcamel,
.nl is not fully automated at EuroDNS, so we feel free to charge our handwork. we set priorities in which way we automate which TLD. And perhaps the registry charge us some money too? (I dont know if .nl do, but some other registries ask money for updates)

Did you know that the .uk Registry charge the Registrar X-Time the registration fee for an ownerchange?
 
good to see u here Freddy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom