Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ex Feature Request: Bumps allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bumps allowed every 48 hours. No need to update the thread with "new info". Exclusive members feature!!!!!!!!

Bump!!!!

Upvote 0

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bump

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bump.

Seriously, this is great. It is silly that we aren't supposed to bump our threads, but we can post new threads. So basically we can keep reposting the domains in new threads without any new information.

Allowing bumps could cut down on the clutter.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Vote Exclusive party in 2008! :D

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your domain sucked 48 hours ago, it still sucks now. No need to bump it.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yet people will repost the names, because they can do that, but not bump a single thread. So I guess multiple threads with the same names better than a single thread getting bumped?

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could ask your friend to "bump" your thread for you... For example, ask him to post a lowball offer on the thread... Arrange everything via messenger so the mods won't find out. Since many people give ridiculous lowball offers all the time, your friend's "bump" will look natural. I have never done this but it is technically possible.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If your domain sucked 48 hours ago, it still sucks now. No need to bump it.

Not everyone is browsing the forum all the time. Some people do not see the thread if it is not placed in the first page, that's the reason people bump the thread in the first place.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not everyone is browsing the forum all the time. Some people do not see the thread if it is not placed in the first page, that's the reason people bump the thread in the first place.

If their sale is so important, they can pay to have their thread be a sticky (option seems to be missing from the store at the moment). Or have it be paid for in some other manner. It saves everyone else from seeing the same junk domain 30 times.

(same goes for automated RSS feed posts from Sedo or Google News; if there is a way to block those from coming up in the "Today's Posts")

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If people can bump their thread, then you'd already know which domains you've browsed before. Whereas if people are always posting new threads..

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to wait 7 days before posting same domain twice...

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can post a sale thread a day. 15 threads in 15 days. Imagine some nutjob bumping 15 sale threads everyday?
bump flood?

You can post at least 6 sales threads a day...

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Being an exclusive member, we deserve more privilege than what we have currently. I agree that pushing a thread back up after 48 hours is great. But we deserve more recognition to our threads! We are just trying to utilize our membership and sell products/services just every 48 hours. We become exclusive member for multiple reasons!!! and one of them definitely is PASSION!

We have a PASSION in this forum, and we want the recognition!! I also tell you no domains sucks! There are so many people in this world, that one man's lost, is another man's treasure!

So please just let us have this as a bonus to our exclusive membership!!!!!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A forum mod could also prevent abuse of bumping...

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Exactly. I've bought several very good domains (and one gem) that were overlooked - especially when less people seemed to be coming to the forum over the summer.

And there are times when so many people are posting sales threads that your own could end up on the 2nd page within 2 hours! However, I agree that bumping your thread 30 times is unneccessary and should be limited if there are people who bump too much.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Being an exclusive member, we deserve more privilege than what we have currently. I agree that pushing a thread back up after 48 hours is great. But we deserve more recognition to our threads! We are just trying to utilize our membership and sell products/services just every 48 hours. We become exclusive member for multiple reasons!!! and one of them definitely is PASSION!

We have a PASSION in this forum, and we want the recognition!! I also tell you no domains sucks! There are so many people in this world, that one man's lost, is another man's treasure!

So please just let us have this as a bonus to our exclusive membership!!!!!

I agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom