Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ex Feature Request: Bumps allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bumps allowed every 48 hours. No need to update the thread with "new info". Exclusive members feature!!!!!!!!

Bump!!!!

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The mere fact that you changed your tune all of the sudden tells me that decisions that are made were given second thought after a handful of posts by non-Exclusive members.

The poll option is a joke: you're asking Silver members that outnumber Exclusives, to permit us Exclusives a right that should be granted or denied only by the Management.

It was a simple task to grant or deny it, and Impactadmin granted it. So tell us, who's running the show.

I don't think so. There is FAR too much other crap that pushes sales threads way below their lifeline. If anything else, then DNForum should implement distinct Sales and Generic forums, much like NamePros has done, by grouping them in separate sections/tabs. This way they don't interact with eachother.

Acro

you're a member like others

you have no right to deem the "task level" of what it takes to do this, nor do you have the right to give an "either - or" situation/ultimatum to the staff here at DNF.

if you like namepros so much then.....

do namepros and let them be them and let us be us

the decision was never made and i personally had objections to allowing such practices.

impact did the right thing, imo, by listening to the concerns of moderators, before making the "final" decision and also thought to add a poll.

whether or not "you" think it's bs...is irrelevant to the outcome

making suggestions is one thing, but to start denegrating who makes the decisions and how they are made is out of line.

imo...

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you must have the poll, then only Exclusives should vote in it!

If this is the case Acro. Then please..ONLY bump in your exclusive forum section.

The last thing we need are people bumping platinum threads.

Either everyone is allowed to bump or no one is allowed to bump. These are rules of the forum.

Just because you are an exclusive member does not give you the right to have an edge in forum rules. If you want an exclusive poll ONLY. Then you should only be allowed to bump threads in your exclusive forum. If it impacts a platinum member, i better be voting.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I agree with this and I see no problems with it. It can be an exclusive perk.

Quoted for reference and for Biggedon's forum blindness.

the decision was never made and i personally had objections to allowing such practices.

Your objection seems to have been overruled.

but to start denegrating who makes the decisions and how they are made is out of line.

I want to see more perks for the money I spent to be Exclusive. All $450 of it.

Either everyone is allowed to bump or no one is allowed to bump. These are rules of the forum.

The rules seemed to have been changed by Impactadmin, then some little whining *****es thought we don't deserve the upgrade.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I couldn't care either way.

But i'd really like to know what is and what isn't allowed. Seems rules are different for different people... and i'm not talking about different membergroups either :D

Plus I hate having my threads closed all the time... even if i follow the rules... as an exclusive could i please request for a pm telling me whats wrong instead of just closing the thread? Or is this selectively done for some and not for others. I've had threads closed for writing stuff like "keyword1, keyword2, keyword3 - all .us" and the reason... "no domain in title"... right.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's just vote! Make your decision wisely!

Just to rephrase, I am not asking exclusive members to have the ability to bump their threads for any time they want. (e.g. every 2 hours, you can bump your thread? NO!)

I am requesting exclusive members the privilege of NOT to have posting "new" information to bump up their threads every 48 hours. So platinum members can say this to bump their thread every 48 hours "Update: blah.com is sold." Exclusive members can say this to bump their thread every 48 hours "Sale is still available."

I agree 48 hours to refreshing a thread back up is fine. But I just want to refresh threads without adding new information.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bump :D

I

impactadmin

Acro,

At Johns defense, I had posted in the thread stating I saw no problems with this feature, but it was not made official yet as I was still discussing the limitations of it with the mods.

I apologize for the confusion. There was no flip flopping going on as we it was something still in discussion between us and various ideas, opinions and options were being discussed.

Please visit the following link to view the poll created for this. Submit your decision here and we can decide in 7 days whether the feature is go or not.

http://www.dnforum.com/f71/bumping-exclusive-members-poll-thread-325474.html

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I urge everyone NOT to vote at the poll.
You might as well deny the feature now; it will save us time and more aggravation.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If we are discussing this feature only for Exclusive members , in that case this poll will make sense only if exclusive members to be allowed to vote . At this point I'll agree with Acro

I

impactadmin

The poll is only open to exclusive members as it is in the exclusive section.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We still have to define the limits of bumping if allowed.

I

impactadmin

There will be restrictions and limitations on the bumping feature being defined by the admins and mods if this feature is a go ahead.

Once the poll is over we will wait on the overall say of Adam as well when he returns from traffic Monday.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Where is the poll ?

EDIT : Is the bumping only allowed in the exclusive section?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I read that..i just couldn't believe it.

Well good luck guys with the bump :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom