Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Ex Feature Request: Bumps allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bumps allowed every 48 hours. No need to update the thread with "new info". Exclusive members feature!!!!!!!!

Bump!!!!

Upvote 0

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would hope no matter which way this goes there would be controls in place to stop bump bump and bump... geesh i almost broke into a song there :drum:
bump bump bump
bump bump bump a thread

bump bump bump :music:
bump bump bump a thread

i bumped a threaddddd .... i bumped a threaddddd

ok back to domaining :whoo:

:yo:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate "bumping" and would rather not see it here on DNF. I can go elsewhere for spam. I'm not saying I've never done it; if so it will be without thinking, so nobody please take me to task.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Members,

The reason that we have a great community like we have today because we have great members. Over the years we've listened to what members have to say and improve the forums to better serve our members.

Some ideas may be good but we will not implement if the idea does not serve the majority of the members. All new implementation/feature has to go to the approval process among the staff and admin to make sure that we don't miss any details.

We just create a poll so cast your vote now. We will implement the feature only if we get the approval from the majority.

http://www.dnforum.com/f86/bumping-exclusive-members-poll-thread-325474.html

This feature has not been approved yet and we will make an announcement with the details once we approved it.

Thanks for all the suggestions/feedbacks.

John

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That link isn't working for me John.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"A few bucks more" seems to be a few hundred bucks more. And that's exactly what membership groups are for.

yeah acro, start early, pay a "few hundred" bucks more and you got the right to spam all you want :)
isnt that nice theo?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Members,

The reason that we have a great community like we have today because we have great members. Over the years we've listened to what members have to say and improve the forums to better serve our members.

Some ideas may be good but we will not implement if the idea does not serve the majority of the members. All new implementation/feature has to go to the approval process among the staff and admin to make sure that we don't miss any details.

We just create a poll so cast your vote now. We will implement the feature only if we get the approval from the majority.

This feature has not been approved yet and we will make an announcement with the details once we approved it.

John
The link says:
For information on how to upgrade your account to be able to post or read certain sections of the forum, please visit: Membership Plans.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fab, you need to upgrade to take part in the poll ;)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was in a good mood this morning ..now I'm just bumped out :pound:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
yeah acro, start early, pay a "few hundred" bucks more and you got the right to spam all you want :)
isnt that nice theo?

Have I ever spammed you? I think not. And bumping threads is not spam, mister krossat.

Yes, I want to see more features for us Exclusive members. Unlocking the bumps is a good reason for the Silvers to upgrade their membeships.

Members,

John

This is a ludicrous flip-flop John. The opening of bumps for the Exclusives has already been decided in this very thread. Are you succumbing to pressure from those that are not Exclusives and hence unable to use it?

If you must have the poll, then only Exclusives should vote in it!

Last edited:

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can call it flip-flop or whatever but the feature has never been official approved.

I just try to do what is best for the community and the the majority. NO ONE can force me to make the decision because of the 'pressure' as you called it.

We (the staff) decide who can vote and thank you for suggestion what we need to do.

Thanks,

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bumping is anathema to reasonable forum practice and I'm dead against it. As another poster put it (paraphrased): 48 hours and the name is crap anyway.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The mere fact that you changed your tune all of the sudden tells me that decisions that are made were given second thought after a handful of posts by non-Exclusive members.

The poll option is a joke: you're asking Silver members that outnumber Exclusives, to permit us Exclusives a right that should be granted or denied only by the Management.

It was a simple task to grant or deny it, and Impactadmin granted it. So tell us, who's running the show.

As another poster put it (paraphrased): 48 hours and the name is crap anyway.

I don't think so. There is FAR too much other crap that pushes sales threads way below their lifeline. If anything else, then DNForum should implement distinct Sales and Generic forums, much like NamePros has done, by grouping them in separate sections/tabs. This way they don't interact with eachother.

Last edited:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The mere fact that you changed your tune all of the sudden tells me that decisions that are made were given second thought after a handful of posts by non-Exclusive members.

The poll option is a joke: you're asking Silver members that outnumber Exclusives, to permit us Exclusives a right that should be granted or denied only by the Management.

It was a simple task to grant or deny it, and Impactadmin granted it. So tell us, who's running the show.

I don't think so. There is FAR too much other crap that pushes sales threads way below their lifeline. If anything else, then DNForum should implement distinct Sales and Generic forums, much like NamePros has done, by grouping them in separate sections/tabs. This way they don't interact with eachother.
I think the NP route suggestion is a potential degradation. That's why I don't go to NP. In reality, if you don't have a name that can be reasonably evaluated here in 48 hours; given the traffic that DNF has, you're flogging a dead horse and it clutters things. Just my 2c.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you must have the poll, then only Exclusives should vote in it!

I highly disagree with that since this feature will affect the entire community. It's not like we're adding another subforum in the exclusive area, changing the DNF$ per post policy, this would change what everyone sees in the sales forums.

Unless it is regulated (limit the number of bumps per post / month and give it a good time frame in between bumps) I do not think it would be a good idea. I am sure there are some members now, and definitely members in the future, who would abuse this and we would have domains that are excessively bumped for months with no price reductions, no extra information, just 6-7 pages of BUMP BUMP BUMP.

Plus, we would have exclusive members bumping their sales to the top of a page pushing all of the platinum member's sales (who also paid to sell on here) to the bottom of page one and onto page two, being missed by a lot of people.

IMO bumping like that is unprofessional, if no one wants what you're selling reminding everyone that it is still there is a little annoying to me. If no one wants it, either be prepared to sit on the domain or offer a lower price. We also already have people abusing what they are allowed to do to "bump" their posts.

People can easily keep track of what's been posted by using the unread posts and going back a page or two in the subforum.

Personally, I am not for this feature but it is solely not up to me, if the admins put it up to a vote, then it will be the community's say and if not, then it will be the admins' say.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you Draggar

we would have exclusive members bumping their sales to the top of a page pushing all of the platinum member's sales (who also paid to sell on here) to the bottom of page one and onto page two, being missed by a lot of people.

My suggestion is:

To allow Exclusive members to bump in 48 hours
And To allow Platinum members to bump in 96 hours

I think it will be fair as Exclusive members 1,128 vs Platinum 5,067

So both groups will have equal exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom