Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Ex Feature Request: Bumps allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

Bumps allowed every 48 hours. No need to update the thread with "new info". Exclusive members feature!!!!!!!!

Bump!!!!

Upvote 0
I

impactadmin

I agree with this and I see no problems with it. It can be an exclusive perk.

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Let's celebrate with a free bump :D

T

tekz999

I agree with this and I see no problems with it. It can be an exclusive perk.

TO THE B TO THE U, TO THE M, TO THE P!

B U M P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU HUSEYIN ADAM AND JARRED!!!!!!!!

:yes:

shenron

Motorward.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, remember that every day we have new members, and that they couldn't see the thread before, so a friendly bump definitely helps IMHO... maybe 2 or 3 MAX!

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tekz999,

1. I did not lock your thread.
2. I did send you a PM and explain.

Even Impactadmin said he agreed to this feature, we have to work on some details and make an official announcement along with the details.

No bump is allowed yet until we make it official.

Thanks,
John

T

tekz999

It appears to me you are the last one to post before it was locked.
And you have never sent me a PM and explained.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So is this for real? Johnn just locked a thread of mine yesterday for "bumping". I showed him this thread, and he has not replied.

http://www.dnforum.com/f539/premium-lll-us-ego-us-thread-323502.html

Tekz999,

1. I did not lock your thread.
2. I did send you a PM and explain.

Even Impactadmin said he agreed to this feature, we have to work on some details and make an official announcement along with the details.

No bump is allowed yet until we make it official.

Thanks,
John

I am vouch that Johnn did not lock the thread - I did for bumping since it was never made official.

T

tekz999

No problem. Just wanted to sort this out. As we have very high hopes for this feature!!!
Hope we will have a announcement in this week.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's also not enabled: I get the 48 hour rule lock. The lock needs to be removed for the group of Exclusives.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BUMP vs Opening New Thread...which one is better overall...

I think a refreshing Bump is better than a whole new carbon copy thread...LOL

geesh sometimes threads get buried so fast ,,, by spam/or feeds,,, Let's be honest ... those Feeds really flood the Forum and junk it up more than anything.

I'm sure we should find common ground here somewhere...
rough suggestions:
like 1 or 2 bumps/thread max or each member is given x bumps per/month use them wisely LOL

heck now you got me fired up LOL ... ok im done ...

Have a great day all !!!

just my thoughts :yo:

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents is this is a bad idea...I hardly visit namepros because of this crap.. new info..reduced price..BIN added ..OK
I personally hate seeing clicking a sale only to see :bump2:
Again only my opinion

jim

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i say no to more bumping.

sometimes when i click "Today's Posts" link, i may see 5 or 6 threads on top by the same Exclusive member, who has bumped a variety of their recent threads.

what reason do you give for needing to bump your thread anymore than you already do?

many exclusive may not even be taking advantage of all the benefits they get now, and imo...the main one's who ask for more bumps are the one's who try to be slick and side-step the rules or try and find loopholes.

Exclusive can already post more than one thread per 24hrs. in every Platinum section.

They can have more links and add images to their signatures, as well as ha a27 ve affiliate links to draw more revenue than other members.

They have access to free templates, hosting and newsletters.

For the one-time fee to be a "Lifetime-Exclusive Member", this is the cheapest package of services you could get anywhere on the internet.

I think any future requests should also include reasons why you want this service or priviledge and how it would be used to benefit not just yourselves, but the entire DNF membership.

As is, with the desire to increase bumping, we risk alienating Platinum members who sales threads would undoubtedly get pushed down the que.

One solution to end this all is to take away the feature that lets threads go back to the top of the que when a reply is made and only new posts sit at the top. Then you could bump all you want, but your thread will stay in it's current position.

imo...

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why let exclusives bump? Let's create a new membership status. One above the exclusive status. We can call it Restricted ..or how about... Segregate...i got one...Discriminate.

Just a suggestion, the more you create more perks for higher levels. The more that lesser status levels are discriminated against. Keep in mind that the majority of users on the forum are platinum/gold members. To allow bumping in platinum threads and ONLY for exclusive members doesn't seem right to me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What's the point of arguing? It's already been approved.

And Don, I have never seen an official stance on the "more than 1 posts per day per section" statement as far as Exclusives are concerned. I know you bring it up here and there but there is no official link.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not really arguing Acro. I just don't think it's a smart idea. Since this is the suggestions and feedback thread. I figured i would put my 2 cents in.

If we are allowing exclusive members to bump. We are basically allowing exclusive members to spam. Spam in the platinum section. I have no problem with bumping threads in the exclusive forum. Since it is called "exclusive". I just don't see how the rules don't apply to exclusive members.

I

impactadmin

It seems we have mixed review on this feature.

We will need to discuss further and possibly put up a poll.

Will post an update shortly.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was curious how many sales venues we have :eek:

Exclusive
Exclusive Domains for Sale
Exclusive Sales
Platinum
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Offers Wanted
$1 Domain Auctions
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Fixed Prices Above $100
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Fixed Prices $100 and Under
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Short Domains; 4 Characters or Less - Fixed Prices
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Short Domains; 4 Characters or Less - Make Offer
Domains with Traffic (Traffic Domains)
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - As Is
Domain for Sale - ( Domains Dropping Soon - Names within 30 days to Expiration ) - All names $20 BIN
Domains for sale (ccTLD and sTLD Domain Sales) w/16 subforums
Domains for sale (IDN Domain Sales) w/7 sub forums
Adult Domain Sales and Domain Offers
Numeric Domains for Sale
Geo Domains for Sale
Developed Websites for Sale
Domain Name Auctions w/3 sub forums
Domain Brokerage
DNF$ Sales/Domain Auctions

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
pay a few bucks more and you can spam all you want with senseless bumps? oh sorry it must be an "exclusive" thing.

"A few bucks more" seems to be a few hundred bucks more. And that's exactly what membership groups are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom