Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

experiences with expirefish.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone here use or had experiences with expirefish.com?
If so please share feedback. Currently, I am using it with their
option to monitor a single name for a 1 time fee and not the monthly service. No luck so far and no real proof that the service is even doing what we hope it should.

I have had better luck with other names by just waiting for drops and checking the who-is daily.

Thanks ahead for any feedback or suggestions.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well i use the monthly-fee-monitor-as-many-names-as-you-like- service from Expirefish since a month now and they got me 1 name so far.Dunno if that's good or bad,all i know is:
It's a lot cheaper than Snapnames or Namewinner or anything else i know - and then there also are those registrars that go for dropped names as well without even offering a snapback service (i wonder how Buydomains.com manages to get so many expired ones for themselves) which is a main reason even snapnames doesn't always get you the name you want.

I have caught about 11 names (2 of them 3 letter names and the rest pretty good names). I have used Snapnames and namewinner in the past with poor results.

I noticed over the weekend they put in the dates the names expire and link popularity links per name(cool!). I will stick with them because I have had more results.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"dates the names expire and link popularity links per name(cool!). "
Where?!
Expirefish?
I have an account at Expirefish but haven't seen those features.Could you tell me where to find them?

I've paid them to go head to head several times, and I've never seen Expirefish defeat either NW or Snap. It has been a few weeks - maybe I should try again.

All the services miss names to those who pay registrars for direct access (Ultsearch, Buydomains, etc), but Snap and NW have worked pretty well for me. I prefer Snap for the better support and the fixed cost, but occasionally they use a crappy registrar (DirectI, for example) to grab a name.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by grabby I've paid them to go head to head several times, and I've never seen Expirefish defeat either NW or Snap. It has been a few weeks - maybe I should try again. All the services miss names to those who pay registrars for direct access (Ultsearch, Buydomains, etc), but Snap and NW have worked pretty well for me. I prefer Snap for the better support and the fixed cost, but occasionally they use a crappy registrar (DirectI, for example) to grab a name.

Agree, most all the time BuyDomains beats out SnapNames. Why is that? Plus why does BuyDomains seem to have the best for sale portfolio of anyone?

Also, Snap did grab a few marginal ones for me but thru DirectI. Ever since then the DirectI website seems to be down and I get errors when trying to go to it. :eek:

Anyone know what can be done about it? I can't access the domain manager to change any info on the grabbed names there. Are they going out of business? Are my names at risk?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well part of the reason why they have one of the best portfolios is because a lot of those names are not actually theirs but their customers.
But still the question is how do they manage to grab so many names for themselves or their customers?
I'd like to know THAT.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beatz.

Check their portfolio for a poker name only one listed pokertable.net.

So they haven't been watching the recent AN sales, one of the reasons they have such a success rate is that they may have a good arrangement with the registrars, and fantastic soft-ware.

Plus they are pulling a lot of clients listing names with them with the free This-name-is-for-sale page.

Many are registered at Domaindiscover.com, does that indicate anything to you.

:)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not really - all i can see is that domaindiscover is pretty expensive..am i missing something ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom