Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Explain how to use Blockchain Domains, .nft, .eth, etc.

Domain summit 2024

DapperJohn

Level 3
Reaction score
You're proving you have no idea what you're talking about. .cars is not like those others. .cars sites show fine for me in regular browsers, unlike the others.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're following, that page is a lie. Those extension do not help you in the search engines, since they're not crawled and indexed.
🤔???
Is this a competition for the biggest lies? Or just some mistakes? Or are there things I don't know?

Even IDN TLDs are crawled and indexed just fine if I'm not mistaken. And this, since the very start.
Q: What about IDN TLDs such as .みんな? Can Googlebot crawl and index them, so that they can be used in search?
A: Yes. These TLDs can be used the same as other TLDs (it's easy to check with a query like [site:みんな]).
That's directly from Google Search Central Blog in 2015:

Btw, indeed:
Q: How will new gTLDs affect search? Is Google changing the search algorithm to favor these TLDs? How important are they really in search?
A: Overall, our systems treat new gTLDs like other gTLDs (like .com & .org). Keywords in a TLD do not give any advantage or disadvantage in search.
Q: Will a .BRAND TLD be given any more or less weight than a .com?
A: No. Those TLDs will be treated the same as a other gTLDs. They will require the same geotargeting settings and configuration, and they won't have more weight or influence in the way we crawl, index, or rank URLs.

Technically, Epik's assertion is correct. It does help you ... but not more than any other extension.

DapperJohn

Level 3
Reaction score
🤔???
Is this a competition for the biggest lies? Or just some mistakes? Or are there things I don't know?

Even IDN TLDs are crawled and indexed just fine if I'm not mistaken. And this, since the very start.

That's directly from Google Search Central Blog in 2015:

Btw, indeed:

Technically, Epik's assertion is correct. It does help you ... but not more than any other extension.
No, it's not correct.

We're not talking about IDNs or new gtlds. It's in his very first post on what he's talking about. .truth is the same type of domain he's talking about.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No, it's not correct.

We're not talking about IDNs or new gtlds. It's in his very first post on what he's talking about. .truth is the same type of domain he's talking about.
Oh, .truth is a non-approved ICANN domain ... Yeah, OK, hence what mr-x was saying. One that doesn't resolve by default, then? You need an extension or something to make it work?

DapperJohn

Level 3
Reaction score
Oh, .truth is a non-approved ICANN domain ... Yeah, OK, hence what mr-x was saying. One that doesn't resolve by default, then? You need an extension or something to make it work?
I think so, somebody mentioned Brave browser works with them, haven't tried them out. The browsers most people use don't work with them. And these things don't rank in Google or help your search engine rankings, hence that page being a lie.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think so, somebody mentioned Brave browser works with them, haven't tried them out. The browsers most people use don't work with them. And these things don't rank in Google or help your search engine rankings, hence that page being a lie.
Yes, so you are correct about .truth. I confused it with .faith (which is a gTLD)

Brave Browser does potentially resolve Unstoppable domains and ENS (.eth) extensions. Not all possible extensions out there. Probably the same for Opera Browser. I doubt it will resolve .truth, which seems only done by Epik. You can create as many "extensions" you want, but people have then to use YOUR DNS to resolve them. You can do it tomorrow morning if you want.

It seems you have to use "Anonymise VPN" from Epik to make .truth work.

As for the "lies", Epik seems to use the exact same page for every extension. They didn't bother to adjust the search engine portion for the "alternative" extensions. Very approximative work, indeed.

For information, brave settings (and that's it, there are only these 2):
Screenshot from 2021-10-18 00-52-07.png

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, it's not correct.

It should be obvious, people seeing .truth think it is a an approved gtld.

@domaingeneral, .truth doesn't resolve unless you use a specific dns server. Epik should have made that clear. There is a discussion on NP, some purchased domain.truth, were frustrated it would not resolve but were given refunds.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom