Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed F O O D . T V

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.

How much is FOOD.TV worth now?

• 1,000 USD

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 10,000 USD

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • 100,000 USD

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 1,000,000 USD

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear what the reg fee is on this. I've seen .tv premium reg fees from $250 - $250,00 a year.

Was it premium? If so, how much?

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
Of course, any name with any extension with proper dev. and marketing can go as high as the sky.....

Absolutely correct!

Hi, all PRO(s) in DNforum, it is great to meet you guys in this great forum. Time to bed... :sleepw:

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
One of the drawbacks about a developing country TLD is that ANYTHING can happen. Contracts and papers are meaningless when say a coup take place ...

And don't say it's impossible. Actually during the height of emigration wave because of the handing back of Hong Kong to China, some businessmen from this former British colony actual supported financially a coup in a certain Pacific island country (I forgot which one) in order to acquire favourable investment deals. The coup failed though.

Welcome to capitalism and the corporate world.
A coup, conflict or a war was always solution in bad times.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not even 5 p.m. on the East Coast, and you go to bed? :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
the fact that beyond the limited television field tv makes no sense for anything on the internet.

I agree 100%. TV and the internet have Zero in common. So even if you believe ICANN designated country codes don't really mean what ICANN says they do, you still have an extension that makes no sense for web sites (unless it is the site of a TV station, etc. Since there is a Food TV network, this example does work better than some others).

Incidently, I appreciate Hireliberty's adult approach to the comments in this thread. No throwing a tantrum about the posts from those who don't agree with him (like you see with so many newbies). Good luck with the domain - I hope you will get what you want for it - I just don't think that you will.

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
food.tv will eventually be worth thousands.

T

Tee

I think if you paid $8-$35 for it, then its not a bad name at all. Food.tv could be used and maybe even branded. But if you paid a wacky .tv price for it, then you will have to make a very good sale to make a profit with time not on your side.

Good luck!!

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Food.tv does sound like a good choice.

But I bet it cost a pretty penny to register. The .tv corporation probably labelled that as a premium domain and jacked the price up on it to get it registered.

That's the thing that I didn't like about .tv from the start is that their "premium" domains cost so much to register. It's hard for speculator to pay $10k for a name and find a buyer to get that 10k back plus a profit.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by j8jweb
food.tv will eventually be worth thousands.

I agree - thousands of DNF Bucks! I am looking forward to the auction!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
you can make a successful business out of, some would say, obscure extensions - example that springs to mind is mp3.tv.
As far as selling this name to domain speculators is concerned then you are onto a loser

Quite right Ed. Mp3.tv is excellent because the owner had the resources to put up a great site and promote it. If Hireliberty has Elequa's resources then he could do something similar, but he is asking for an appraisal which would indicate he simply wants to try to sell the name rather than develop. That is where he runs into a huge problem. As already noted, Verisign marked these domains at an artificially high price, leaving nothing for the buyer who plans to profit from a resale.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez..

all it takes is any TV station coming up with a show thats food-related.Plenty potential buyers i'd say.
Doesn't have anything to do if television is connected to the internet or not or what else you guys fantasize about.
XYZ.tv is always a great name for anything visual related, that's why as already said quite a number of TV shows have decided to have a .tv name as their main presence.
I agree on most avail .tv names have ridiculous reg fees on them though.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The tiny isle of Tuvalu is sinking at an alarming rate. It will not be around much longer.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dinner.tv is an available premium name! $500.00 / year
hunger.tv is an available premium name! $400.00 / year
snack.tv is an available premium name! $500.00 / year

My guess is, he paid somewhere from $500-1000$ for it, since its in range of those above, or perhaps a bit better.. Yeah, it might have costed him even more..

T

Tee

Yeah probably more cause they would jack up the price on character length alone so you have 4 characters and a good name. That one could be 5k, per year, easily.

But I think they did come down a little on prices so who knows?

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

I agree - thousands of DNF Bucks! I am looking forward to the auction!

I agree that .TV corporation should really fix the registration price, it is just bloody too expensive for a domain name.

BUT, i simply won't sell FOOD.TV in exchange of your DNF Bucks!

:laugh:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WHATS THE YEARLY RENEWAL FEE? :eek: .....please :)

T

Tee

You have a nice name, but how nice depends on your reg fee.

So what is it?

If you don't want to say, which seems to be, I'll just say I think its not a bad name/ext combo and wish you good luck on any sale!

hireliberty

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry
I'm waiting to hear what the reg fee is on this. I've seen .tv premium reg fees from $250 - $250,00 a year.

Was it premium? If so, how much?

For the benefit of my current and future buyers, I have stopped listing my rate. To get my current rate or annual registration fee for FOOD.TV, please ICQ me and I will get back to you shortly with the rate and any other info that you have requested.

>> SERIOUS Buyers ONLY <<

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators