Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Facebook changing its name

Facebook could have any domain they want. Do you think "meta" is going to be in its name?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be news to you all in the States, but Facebook is changing its name. A lot of people have already invested in the meta- space. Will these names be a digital waste?

With the purchasing power that Facebook has, I want to say that nothing is out of reach as everyone has a price.

Do you think that "meta" is going to be a part of Facebook's new name?

Domain summit 2024

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Might be or may not, but I m more to that it may have Meta in their name, if he wants to encompass all his apps into one then it may be something different than Facebook, Instagram, Oculus etc. It's also not excluded that he may rename the main websites to something like MetaFaceBook or MetaInstagram.
Maybe MetaHorizon or plural, who knows.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I voted no. The reason for this is that the Metaverse is everything the Internet was when it was first invented. Think about being Internet.com for a moment... it just doesn't ring now. Facebook has to be forward-thinking and know that Metaverse would be what Internet is today, tomorrow.

Episteme

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I voted 'no' because Facebook has always been 'behaviorist' in its anchors and ideology. The word 'face' was specifically chosen not only because the seed idea was imitating a Yearbook - but because 'Face' is a trigger word. I would love to be wrong - maybe they will step the whole story brand up a notch.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It doesn't seem Facebook itself (the site/social media platform) will change its name, but more that there will be a creation of a "parent" company with a different name. The same way google parent company is now Alphabet. And this company/brand will hold all their projects.

There is speculation the new name/domain could be "meta.com", which they already hold and is currently redirecting to meta.org, used for a project related to Zuckerberg.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be news to you all in the States, but Facebook is changing its name. A lot of people have already invested in the meta- space. Will these names be a digital waste?

With the purchasing power that Facebook has, I want to say that nothing is out of reach as everyone has a price.

Do you think that "meta" is going to be a part of Facebook's new name?

Something tells me they are not but I've been wrong before. 🤷🏽‍♂️

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is speculation the new name/domain could be "meta.com", which they already hold and is currently redirecting to meta.org, used for a project related to Zuckerberg.
Do you think its parent company will change its name to include "meta"? My vote is still no. But hey, it's just a fun guessing game till they announce it, and when they do, I expect my $FB position to crash 10%-20%.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you think its parent company will change its name to include "meta"?
No idea.
It would make sense it doesn't. But at the same time, they float the idea they are changing their name kind of to reflect this. So maybe it will. I am going to bet on YES, even if I don't really have an opinion.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would make sense it doesn't. But at the same time, they float the idea they are changing their name kind of to reflect this. So maybe it will. I am going to bet on YES, even if I don't really have an opinion.
I guess it's just a waiting game now. Wondering if they're going to do it today or tomorrow.

I'm only up 3.89% on my $FB position, but I assume this will drop to -10% once it's announced... so I don't think I'll miss a thing. :p

Wondering if they will change their ticker symbol as well... No mention of that.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wondering if they will change their ticker symbol as well... No mention of that.
Alphabet still has GOOG/GOOGL as ticker. So, maybe not.

The coming name change, which CEO Mark Zuckerberg plans to talk about at the company’s annual Connect conference on October 28th, but could unveil sooner
Maybe only the 28th, maybe sooner ;)
A whole lot of "maybe". We'll see.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i'm not a fb user, so .....

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm not a fb user, so .....
Good thing.

I got caught up in it for a while and it certainly has a pull on you after a while. You'll be scrolling one minute and looking at the clock the next to see that you essentially wasted an hour or two of your life. I chose not to manage the social profiles here because I know it'd draw me in somehow; I can't have that. As far as an investor, it's a small position that I have. I can see the lure that Facebook, etc. have and can definitely get behind it as a company cause I just see the revenue coming in non-stop.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score

daren609

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello, I also voted for them, unfortunately, it will probably be so and in all countries that it will change which is a pity because what is still is really good

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, I also voted for them, unfortunately, it will probably be so and in all countries that it will change which is a pity because what is still is really good
The poll is private so nobody knows who voted for what (me neither!).

I just publicly stated that I thought it was 'no' and why. Alas, I was wrong though. :)

oxhagener

Level 1
Reaction score
I don’t understand why the name should be changed. What can change from this ??? I rarely use Facebook anyway

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom