Feedback Please: Domain Strategy

Maggie Mae

Level 3
Reaction score
On a whim, I purchased a two word dot com domain based on a current topic of discussion. This is not my usual strategy, so appreciate any feedback.

The domain is an evergreen subject that is also trending a lot now in the news.

It does not include a brand or trademarked name. But the terms are used in a strong, professional business category.

On Google, keying in the two words, 5 days ago showed 298 million search results

2 days ago netted 368 million search results

Today, it nets 385 million

Is google search results a reliable measure of a domain's potential?

If so, would it be best to develop a website and build traffic with the goal to sell.

Or, just shop the domain among the businesses that would benefit from the domain?

TIA!

Furquan

DNForum Admin
DNF Staff
Epik Brand Ambassador
Reaction score
On a whim, I purchased a two word dot com domain based on a current topic of discussion. This is not my usual strategy, so appreciate any feedback.

It does not include a brand or trademarked name. But the terms are used in a strong, professional business category.

On Google, keying in the two words, 5 days ago showed 298 million search results

If so, would it be best to develop a website and build traffic with the goal to sell.

Or, just shop the domain among the businesses that would benefit from the domain?

TIA!
Search results are not the key factors, I think you should check the keyword search volume.

Also without knowing the domain name it is very hard to tell you anything.

Maggie Mae

Level 3
Reaction score
Search results are not the key factors, I think you should check the keyword search volume.

Also without knowing the domain name it is very hard to tell you anything.

Duh, that makes perfect sense; I sure wasn't thinking this through! Thank you, Furquan, I'll check keyword.

Interesting, google search today shows the results have bumped up to 426 million (I had left the browser window open and refreshed)

senrak

Level 1
Reaction score

TIA!
Find a suitable commercial real estate location that would best be served by this business, combine your domain with the real estate and package together as a value add proposition to the business that is ready, willing, and able to expand.

senrak

Level 1
Reaction score
Find a suitable commercial real estate location that would best be served by this business, combine your domain with the real estate and package together as a value add proposition to the business that is ready, willing, and able to expand.
The goal is value add by all means possible.

Maggie Mae

Level 3
Reaction score
Thank you, Senrak, I have a few geo domains, and there are many avail in this category, but it's one that geo designation will not add value.

Top Bottom