Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Feedback Please: Domain Strategy

Maggie Mae

Level 4
Reaction score
On a whim, I purchased a two word dot com domain based on a current topic of discussion. This is not my usual strategy, so appreciate any feedback.

The domain is an evergreen subject that is also trending a lot now in the news.

It does not include a brand or trademarked name. But the terms are used in a strong, professional business category.

On Google, keying in the two words, 5 days ago showed 298 million search results

2 days ago netted 368 million search results

Today, it nets 385 million

Is google search results a reliable measure of a domain's potential?

If so, would it be best to develop a website and build traffic with the goal to sell.

Or, just shop the domain among the businesses that would benefit from the domain?

TIA!

Domain summit 2024

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On a whim, I purchased a two word dot com domain based on a current topic of discussion. This is not my usual strategy, so appreciate any feedback.

It does not include a brand or trademarked name. But the terms are used in a strong, professional business category.

On Google, keying in the two words, 5 days ago showed 298 million search results

If so, would it be best to develop a website and build traffic with the goal to sell.

Or, just shop the domain among the businesses that would benefit from the domain?

TIA!
Search results are not the key factors, I think you should check the keyword search volume.

Also without knowing the domain name it is very hard to tell you anything.

Maggie Mae

Level 4
Reaction score
Search results are not the key factors, I think you should check the keyword search volume.

Also without knowing the domain name it is very hard to tell you anything.

Duh, that makes perfect sense; I sure wasn't thinking this through! Thank you, Furquan, I'll check keyword.

Interesting, google search today shows the results have bumped up to 426 million (I had left the browser window open and refreshed)

senrak

Level 1
Reaction score

TIA!
Find a suitable commercial real estate location that would best be served by this business, combine your domain with the real estate and package together as a value add proposition to the business that is ready, willing, and able to expand.

senrak

Level 1
Reaction score
Find a suitable commercial real estate location that would best be served by this business, combine your domain with the real estate and package together as a value add proposition to the business that is ready, willing, and able to expand.
The goal is value add by all means possible.

Maggie Mae

Level 4
Reaction score
Thank you, Senrak, I have a few geo domains, and there are many avail in this category, but it's one that geo designation will not add value.

diesel310

Level 1
Reaction score

TIA!
I'd say park it and see if it even gets any type in traffic, that's you're only real way to know if it's getting any volume, or... setup a basic site, add search console and check that.

Then, if so, as senrak said, develop the site and use it as lead gen, content or any other way you can monetize it and go from there.

If not, just let it collect dust in the domain vault, but what's the point in that?!? I always add my domains to parking, even if their just bringing in a couple of bucks a month. A long as the revenue covers your yearly reg, you're in profit. If not drop it, auction it or liquidate and move on.

Reaction score
I am unable to provide feedback on specific domain strategies without further details. However, here are some general considerations to keep in mind when developing a domain strategy:
Branding: Your domain name should reflect your brand and be memorable, easy to spell, and unique.
Keywords: Including relevant keywords in your domain name can help with search engine optimization and make it easier for users to find your website.
Domain Extensions: The domain extension you choose (e.g. .com, .net, .org, etc.) can affect how users perceive your website and impact search engine rankings.
Length: Shorter domain names are typically easier to remember and type, but may not always be available. Aim for a domain name that is no more than 15-20 characters.
Avoid Hyphens and Numbers: Hyphens and numbers can make domain names harder to remember and can be confusing for users.
Register Multiple Domains: Consider registering multiple domains, including variations of your domain name, to protect your brand and prevent others from using similar domain names.
Renewal and Expiration: Be sure to keep track of your domain name renewal date and avoid letting it expire, which can result in your website going offline and potentially losing your domain name to someone else.
Overall, developing a strong domain strategy requires careful consideration and planning, taking into account your brand, target audience, and search engine optimization goals.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators