Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Few.com auction

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uncle
mole, how many .info and .biz domains do you own?

I buy into sets, uncle. This set is now over 50 of prime industry generics. .info mirrors .biz. I don't care about numbers, just quality. I'm trying to corner in on the .com, .net, .orgs right now for the heck of it.

I'd prefer to talk based on experience and reality rather than argue with someone elses hopes and desires.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
I'd prefer to talk based on experience and reality rather than argue with someone elses hopes and desires.

Tell that to Enron and WorldCom, safe.

There is no such thing as riding on experience where the web is concerned. The web is young, and experience is often more a liability than an advantage in this game.

What is reality? YOU tell me??? Tell that to the hundreds of thousands who lost jobs in this unreal phase of the web's growth.

Keep an open mind, and be prepared to take risks and lose. Isn't that the rules of the game today?

Maybe not, typical frog in the well thinking :sad:

Experience would tell the frog to tie a rope to the top of the well before entering.

My experience will tell me to ask a friend of mine to be on top, you never know who will cut the rope.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
mole, it's cool if you have top .info generics. if companies and individuals start putting serious web sites on them, their value might increase. then maybe we'll be able to talk about market for .info domains

even though I'm basically skeptical of new tld's, I think that might happen.

e.g. domains like travel.info make sense to me.

however, undermining the value of .coms is a waste of time. the collapse of enron or worldcom has absolutely no effect on their value. companies have and will be going for .coms ONLY.

like I said in some post, if you are interested in increasing .info's value, start building web sites on them. prove that they make sense and can be put to good use.

so far, I've only seen you arguing that .coms are useless, which simply goes against the facts and has gotten somewhat boring already

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh
My experience will tell me to ask a friend of mine to be on top, you never know who will cut the rope.

Yes, that is a truism of human evil, and nothing to do with IP addresses masked with alphanumerics.

Some people argue with personal attacks. Others, with wisdom. Go figure.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
P.S. dotbiz is another story..

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

so far, I've only seen you arguing that .coms are useless, which simply goes against the facts and has gotten somewhat boring already

uncle, nothing more than a motherhood statement?

What bores a person is something which they already are imbued with a belief.

I'm only stating a belief for .info and .biz and that to me is not boring - and that is .info and .biz is a lot more meaningful than .com in certain instances as a web address.

Had you had the vision of .com in 1985, I doubt you'ld be posting here but enjoying a good life in the Carribeans.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
.info and .biz is a lot more meaningful than .com in certain instances as a web address.

prove it. start building web sites

prove us wrong

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't relish in proving people wrong uncle, what's the point and what's my gain?

What's everybody's gain? I just feel that it would be regretful if Dan's forum deteriorates into nothing more than a .com chest beating excuse of an existence.

If I wanted that kinda opinions, I will just ask my grandma. The internet is changing, and all we see is the buggy whip. :cry:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

prove it. start building web sites

Already am :D

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
lol you just smoke too much weed d00d

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep an open mind, and be prepared to take risks and lose. Isn't that the rules of the game today?

That is the truth. No one on this board can really tell for sure where the developments of the Internet will go for sure. We can only speculate. People like Jeff Bezos (owner of Amazon) and Bill Gates all saw something that they main stream failed to see. They had a vision. That is why they belong to the big players today. People that are stuck with the paradigms set forth on the web today will never make it big. The true winners are the people that breaks off from these paradigms and are willing to take a risk. Don't go off and spend a shit load of money now :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol you just smoke too much weed d00d

:rolleyes: Are you surprised to find a developer here?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would someone enlighten me as to what few.com, few.info, or few.whatever could be used for?

Originally posted by goh
FYI: It is at US$3,200.- at this moment.

It's difficult to estimate the final selling price of a domain name in an auction without knowing who the bidders are.

This condition may sound odd, but as many domainers (like safesys) have noted, there are two very different subsections to the domain name market: speculators (resellers) and business end-users.

In fact, I would actually argue that there are 3 distinct markets:

1) Speculators (resellers0
2) Small Business End-Users
3) Corporate End-Users

One of the great misfortunes of the domain market--and something that continues to hurt all domain sellers--is the lack of domain sales data. Because of this, substantial domain sales must often be whispered and hinted at, and information is rarely shared in public forums.

Nevertheless, it is my sense that high prices are still being paid for very good domains by corporate end users. The rule of thumb I've often heard (and on occasion seen) used is that a good second-tier domain (not first-tier like stocks.com, media.com, etc) is worth in the neighborhood of a one-day, full-page ad in a major newspaper: approx $30,000 - $60,000.

Of course, if the buyers are not corporate end-users, and are small business or speculators, then the final selling price will be substantially less than if coporate buyers were bidding.

It's sort of like owning a house in an ordinary neighborhood. If you have to sell--a distress sale--then you're going to be selling for a very low price, possible to speculators who will flip the property. If it's a normal sale, then you'll get an average price. However, if your house is on a property slated for some sort of corporate development, then, if you play it smart, you're going to make a lot of money: in such a situation, corporations are know to pay two and three times market value...to them, given the situation, it's worth it.

Also note that the vast majority of sales on Afternic are made to speculators, or buyers for third-party businesses looking to save money by "hiding" behind a speculator-buyer.

If the private auction for "few.com" is currently only at $3k, then I'd say corporate buyers aren't involved, at least not openly. Sure, it's not a spectacular name, but it's a real word, only 3 characters, and it can have positive connotations. Any larger company whose name acronymizes to "few" would pay good coin for this .com.

Miles

Dear LocalWhois Insider Subscriber,

We would like to introduce you to a great opportunity to buy a very valuable domain name for a reasonable price and, at the same time, to help a non-profit organization in its project.

Renown Sports Club, a popular football club in Sri Lanka, are selling the domain few.com to raise funds for a non profit project which is to establish a Cyber Cafe to provide free Internet access to the local community.
The domain was first registered in 1995 and has changed ownership only once when it was bought by the club last year for one of their venture.
Since few.com is a 3 letter .com as well as a word, it's a valuable domain. Generally 3 letter .com words are valued around $100k and this is the ideal opportunity to acquire the domain for a reasonable price.

There is a special auction for few.com at www.Namewinner.com with no reserve. The auction ends on July 10th at 10am PDT. So make your offer and contribute to this project since all funds from the sale would be going to the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom