Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed FiveSquare (dot) com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope you are satisfied with this response and good luck with your closing of the deal. If I were you, I'd ask for this thread to be removed, as it links the domain fivesquare.com to Google and other search engines.

Theo, I cannot keep up with the speed at which you are spraying this thread.

YOU are the only person who has broken with accepted practice and, in a deliberate attempt to screw another member's sale, written the actual domain in this thread.

But thanks for finally disclosing a figure.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
you cannot lose your domain because of a trademark that came into existence after your acquisition of it.

If only the UDRP system were that angelic, I'd love to see your definition of a "trademark". A mark does not need to be registered in order to be enforced, either in trade or domain names. I suggest that you stop posting more inaccurate assumptions in this thread.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Theo, I cannot keep up with the speed at which you are spraying this thread.

YOU are the only person who has broken with accepted practice and, in a deliberate attempt to screw another member's sale, written the actual domain in this thread.

We are having an open discussion. Am I supposed to refer to the "unmentioned" domain? As it is, domain names must be listed in whole to be evaluated.

Again, chill the **** out and focus on what you are trying to achieve. Call the Dutch and name your price.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

I am pointing you to a direction, based on the facts I found, i.e. the 5square.nl financials. But did you really need an appraisal when you receive an offer from a financial institution, surely?

No, I don't wish you failure, I wish you best of luck. Instead of shooting the messenger, focus on your mission.

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, it took minutes for me to find who the other party making an offer is. By coming here to ask for advice you come forth as very naive and wet behind the ears with regards to domain valuation; unless, of course, you were also being lazy to research the market a bit.

What do want, a "Master Hacker" badge for figuring out who wants a domain when I wasn't making any attempt to hide it.

I would only sell one of my domains for what it is worth, so, it might actually be useful for a buyer to be aware of a thread discussing it's value - the problem with most potential buyers is that they have no awareness of how valuable domains are, most seem to expect them for something not too far from registration cost.

All of that, however, is none of your business. Up to a certain point, your behavior was just deluded - I mean, in one of your posts above, you actually detoured into an explanation of how investment firms ... invest - but now you are now crossing the line into sheer psychosis, deciding to "out" a buyer and apparently wanting to sabotage another member's sale simply because he asked you to stop trolling.

Why are you here? Why are you doing this? I requested a valuation in a section of the forum dedicated to requesting valuations. At my last count, you had made 8 posts here. What is wrong with you?

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are having an open discussion. Am I supposed to refer to the "unmentioned" domain? As it is, domain names must be listed in whole to be evaluated.

Again, chill the **** out and focus on what you are trying to achieve. Call the Dutch and name your price.

Chill out? Theo, you have completely derailed this thread and done everything you can to screw me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've only edited one post: the one containing the domain, as a gesture towards the wellness of this thread. Now then, if you decide to continue at this tone towards me, I am well able and willing to do exactly as you accuse me of doing. You are stepping on thin ice here. Fair warning.

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But did you really need an appraisal when you receive an offer from a financial institution, surely?

This is your problem in a nutshell. If, before launching an all-out attack upon me, you had simply read my original post, you would know that they had made no actual offer, it was an enquiry.

That is WHY I was asking for ballpark valuation, so that I could give them a fair quotation, which they may or may not consider worth paying.

I'm curious - do you behave this way purely in order to increase your post count, or is that just a beneficial side-effect?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is your problem in a nutshell. If, before launching an all-out attack upon me, you had simply read my original post, you would know that they had made no actual offer, it was an enquiry.

That is WHY I was asking for ballpark valuation, so that I could give them a fair quotation, which they may or may not consider worth paying.

I'm curious - do you behave this way purely in order to increase your post count, or is that just a beneficial side-effect?

Do you often hear voices or believe people are plotting things behind your back? If so, then accusing me of "psychosis" must be the single best admission of said condition.

My point being: when a financial entity inquires about a domain, they are loaded - hello??? Are you that much incapable of gathering a sum of numbers and shooting an email?

Again: focus on your goal, to sell the domain at a price that will satisfy your earthly desires, and end this paranoid delusion that appraisals are evil plots to destroy your sale.

Are we clear?

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've only edited one post: the one containing the domain, as a gesture towards the wellness of this thread. Now then, if you decide to continue at this tone towards me, I am well able and willing to do exactly as you accuse me of doing. You are stepping on thin ice here. Fair warning.

1. Thank you for following polite practice and observing that very important convention, which everyone else in this section of the forum respects.

2. I don't know if you are best friends with Adam, or his brother-in-law or otherwise connected in this forum, but I rather think you are the one on thin ice here. Before you warn others about their tone, take a minute or two to just READ the stuff you've written in this thread. Again, you might be the star pupil in this forum, I have no idea, but very few sane people would support your position as presented in this thread.

Last edited:

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are we clear?

Could we please just avoid each other on this forum from now on?

If I read one of your posts, I'll be sure not to comment. Likewise, if I ask a question, could you maybe just move along to the next victim? I think I'll somehow manage to get along okay without the benefit of your wide-ranging expertise on everything but the question asked.

Deal?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
1. Thank you for following polite practice and observing that very important convention, which everyone else in this section of the forum respects.

2. I don't know if you are best friends with Adam, or his brother-in-law or otherwise connected in this forum, but I rather think you are the one on thin ice here. Before you warn others about their tone, take a minute or two to just READ the stuff you've written in this thread. You are seriously unbalanced, and it shows. Again, you might be the star pupil in this forum, I have no idea, but very few sane people would support your position as presented in this thread.

1. You need to re-read the rules. Extended version: I have no obligation to not quote the full domain name, .com included, in a thread that was made public. If you were an Exclusive member here, you'd be able to post in the 'secret' forum and ask in private about the domain or if Queen Elizabeth still has sex at age 86 for all I care.

2. I have never taken advantage of Adam's flexible nature but he gave me a bear hug when we met at TRAFFIC. Exactly because I respect him, I am not showering you with my best come-back repertoire here. Again, the subject isn't me and my caustic writing style, but your inability to absorb all the information that I gave you in this exchange.

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. You need to re-read the rules. Extended version: I have no obligation to not quote the full domain name, .com included, in a thread that was made public. If you were an Exclusive member here, you'd be able to post in the 'secret' forum and ask in private about the domain or if Queen Elizabeth still has sex at age 86 for all I care.

2. I have never taken advantage of Adam's flexible nature but he gave me a bear hug when we met at TRAFFIC. Exactly because I respect him, I am not showering you with my best come-back repertoire here. Again, the subject isn't me and my caustic writing style, but your inability to absorb all the information that I gave you in this exchange.

Look. Football matches are public and, yet, somehow, people manage to resist the urge to run on the pitch and take a dump. The same thing applies to threads: you are, apparently, allowed to openly sabotage other members, okay, but why would you want to?

From the fact that you have traveled to Traffic, I am going to guess that you are an adult, I saw very few children there. So, what I cannot understand, why is a grown man behaving in this way? Do you really think that having "a come-back repertoire" is a good thing? I mean, for an adult human being who is not starring in a sitcom?

You fault my inability to absorb "all the information" you "gave me", while I observe that said information was not only a tired retreading of the same stuff everyone knows after a month in the business, but also entirely irrelevant to the subject of the thread. You did finally give a valuation, and thank you for that, but only after turning this thread into a bomb-scarred no-mans land that other people are now unlikely to post to. Thanks.

So, look, good for you, mission accomplished, you've shown me who is boss, you can feel good about that but, now, please, I request that we gracefully avoid one another.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PM sent. I'm done arguing here.

As I said before, best of luck with the sale.

Last edited:

discobull

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All I can say is wow. I don't understand any part of this thread. I don't understand the point of all this bickering and I don't understand how anyone is supposed to assess the "market value" of a domain for which there is no market. IMHO, to come up with a price in this particular case, what needs analyzing is the buyer, not the domain.

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Okay. Look. Time out.

I take it, from the fact that you deleted your last comment, that you understand that this whole thing is now out of control.

What you wrote was racist and, surely, beneath your dignity. This is an international community. You cannot really believe that Irish people are stupid, you surely must be aware of Yeats, Wilde, Beckett, Swift, Joyce etc etc.

Look, I'm tired, really tired. Shall we both just request that this entire thread be deleted and forget it ever happened?

You know the ropes here, so, if you agree, you request that it be deleted and this post represents my agreement.

I want to, once again, thank Biggie, Maxwell and, indeed, yourself for giving estimates, I will now use that to construct my negotiation position.

I am, to be honest, annoyed that this thread could not progress normally but, look, shit happens, online is not real life, let's forget it ever happened, if we ever meet in real life I'll buy you a beer and we'll probably actually have a good laugh.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
IMHO, to come up with a price in this particular case, what needs analyzing is the buyer, not the domain.

Precisely why I gave a quote only after I found out who made the inquiry.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Okay. Look. Time out.

Never challenge Greeks and Irish in a bar fight. The barman will lose all his drink stash. :D

I apologize for the post that took aim at your nationality, my buttons got pushed a bit too far.

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All I can say is wow. I don't understand any part of this thread. I don't understand the point of all this bickering and I don't understand how anyone is supposed to assess the "market value" of a domain for which there is no market. IMHO, to come up with a price in this particular case, what needs analyzing is the buyer, not the domain.

That is a good point but I did give, in my original post, quite a comprehensive description of the company, including the number of partners, their age and heavy-weight backgrounds.

Essentially, I was looking for rough ballpark estimates, mostly so that I could avoid selling for way too low a price, which I have done in the past.

Would there be a difference between, say, a ten million euro company and a one hundred million euro company? Perhaps, but people are not fools, I believe that, past a certain point, there is an amount beyond which you cannot go, regardless of how much money they might have.

I will now offer a fair price. Perhaps I could get a lot more, but I don't want to second guess it too much. I will offer, they may or may not buy, but that is their call, I will know that I have been fair and, more importantly, have not lowballed myself.

Based up what you do know of the situation, discobull, what would your estimate of a fair price be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom