• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Fleet.St

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,337
Reaction score
35
How about an appraisal please for

Fleet.St

Historic home of the British Newspaper industry and still synonymous with the press in the UK.
 
Cool domain and email address for a Fleet Street worker. $1k
 
low to mid $xxxm nice domain hack
 
Possibly very valuable - but - only to a very few people.

I'm sure if someone like Richard Desmond took a shine to it, he'd shell out low to mid £xxxxx for it, just for the publicity value. If you could get more than one interested party, who knows...

On the other hand, if no-one like that was interested, it would be one of those nice names that never goes anywhere.

Try Max Clifford too - he'll know if anyone in that industry is looking for publicity.
 
I can understand the allure of the "hacked" domains and it certainly must be fun to think of them and register them. But I really question if they will ever have anything other than novelty value.
 
I can understand the allure of the "hacked" domains and it certainly must be fun to think of them and register them. But I really question if they will ever have anything other than novelty value.

I hear what your saying, but in this case and a handful of others, it typifies an industry. In the UK we refer to the (newspaper) print industry as a whole as 'Fleet Street'. I suppose 'Wall Street' is a similar case for recogonition of the financial industry in the US.
 
Thanks to all for appraisals so far, more appraisals would be most welcome though.
 
I hear what your saying, but in this case and a handful of others, it typifies an industry. In the UK we refer to the (newspaper) print industry as a whole as 'Fleet Street'. I suppose 'Wall Street' is a similar case for recogonition of the financial industry in the US.

I agree, regardless of the fact that I am a big .st fan, this in one of the best domain hacks I've seen. Domains like this one and Wall.St as jasdon11 noted, have huge value to the right end user. They have enourmous brandability and I believe that Bill will sell it eventually to an end user for $xx,xxx. Maybe $x,xxx if you want to sell fast, but my opinion is 5-digits is the real value
 
Thanks for the appraisals. I contacted Sedo and they jumped at the chance of putting it on the auction format.

Well most people seem to agree with the value being somewhere between $x,xxx and $xxx,xxx, now let us see what happens.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom