Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed FlipThis.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recently bought this domain for development/investment.

Would like to hear feedback regarding potential future value/ ideas for development.

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited:

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it personally, but there are just so many things to do with...I could see it being a book title about flipping anything houses,boats,cars etc......in the same regards it spells out like a sentence "flip this dot com" so that makes it a good domain for domain sales...I don't sometimes i over confuse myself....

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks KaneCo.....i am more leaning towards a flip (sell) site....where you can "flip" your house..car...bicycle...etc...anything....just "Flip It!"....wondering what platform to use...or do we custom develop a solution....dont want to limit myself to just flipping domains....

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like it. I tried to reply to this thread yesterday and the thread was closed?

This is a really good memorable name. Easy to spell and easy to say. It passes the phone test and is a .com.

As mentioned it could be used in many types of sales, especially domains, or it could be used for some sports or pastimes.

A reserved guestimate would be high $x,xxx but I think much more.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Diabro...yeah the thread was mysteriously closed and re-opened yesterday...don't know what that was all about.....anyways...thanks for the feedback....i am still leaning towards a generic site where someone can post stuff to sell (flip)....flip this car...flip this house...flip it! on flipthis [dot com]

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And miss the lucrative pancake market?

Also may make a good card site. Especially blackjack or collectible card games.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And miss the lucrative pancake market?

Also may make a good card site. Especially blackjack or collectible card games.

Lol....i'll pass on the pancakes......not sure the domain name would cause one to think of Blackjack or collectible cards as much as "flip" as in "sell" something....hence.....flip this house...flip this car...flip anything...just flip it!...and where maybe the person that flips it for you.....gets a commission?..:)

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name is brandable. Old tm is dead: http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=75830528
There is, however, another for 'Flip this classroom' : http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77474714
Maybe I'm wrong but to me a "flip" is a quick sale or trade with minimum profit. So it fits the selling model you described above.

Thanks Theo!.....Now the question is...what platform do i build this on?...existing script that can be customized...or something built from scratch?

alloo

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Diabro mentions the "phone test" . What is that?

ItsMe123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Phone Test --- If the person on the other end of the phone easily understands what is being said
Ie
"Have you looked for a car on flipit?"
Other person responding, "No but that is a good idea" instead of saying, "Where"? and then saying, "I still don't know what you are saying, spell it for me"

Last edited:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks ItsMe123......any more feedback/thoughts?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The phone/radio test is so 90's. Imagine having to spell flickr or twitter etc. Domains that become household brands rely on word of mouth, advertising and social media to establish brand familiarity.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The phone/radio test is so 90's. Imagine having to spell flickr or twitter etc. Domains that become household brands rely on word of mouth, advertising and social media to establish brand familiarity.

So true!

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still think there is something to be said for a domain that passes the phone test. Radio, TV and that 30 second elevator pitch are still important. Twitter is not hard to spell and I would have to think hard on how to spell it differently.

flickr is not a site I knew how to spell. I use imageshack.

FlipThis.com is still a many, many times better than Flip-This, FlpThis or PhlipThis.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is, I would not even be bothered with the so-called radio test. A brand is a brand and whatever you build on it is that matters.

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is, I would not even be bothered with the so-called radio test. A brand is a brand and whatever you build on it is that matters.
Is this sub-forum about domain appraisals or about a multi-million dollar company branding a product?

I can think of many more successful companies that pass the radio test than don't.

If your domain is your company name at some point you are going to meet someone in passing at an airport or something. Saying you are with FlipThis.com is better than saying you are with Flyp-This.com IMHO.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You seem to be obsessed with the tv/radio test. I'll give you some hints.

1. You don't have to be a multi-million dollar company to create, brand or be successful with a product and its associated domain.
2. Social media today allow lots more exposure to any startup than tv/radio of 10 years ago. I know, I've been there, worked the industry.
3. If you still think tv/radio will work better, there are ways to make an impact with any domain, regardless of how it's spelled.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK...phone-test aside....how do you see this domain best utilized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators