Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Forum! Domain get's 7,000+ uniques a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindmar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't see the point in laughing at this matter?

Rather its an issue that needs to be taken seriously if this guy was ripped off here..
Thats B.S if you ask me.. No need to laugh.. Help the guy out

fragile

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I paid low $x,xxx for this will do a chargeback asap :( if traffic was paid for pmed him so will wait for a reply. and lindmar thanks for your kind thoughts as I'm somewhat of a newbit and buying a domain that get's over 100,000 uniques a month for under $2,000 seemend like the best deal ever you know what they say.

If it sound's too good it probably is!

lindmar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well havent we already concluded he showed you stats of income that were copied from another site?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I laughed at first too, when I saw this thread, but then I decided that he needs help. He paid too much for a name that was supposed to be type in traffic, and if that is not what he is getting, then he is in a simular situation as I myself am in. (for more on that, go to http://slabaugh.org) I was ripped off in a different way, but theft is theft, and I have to help if I can.

lindmar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah at first till the story came out...

Thats right, theft is theft..
I think certainly if thats a trade done through dnforum, every step should be made to remove the member and revoke access..

I dunno,
it just seriously pisses me off for some reason...

dragonhawk

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, I got ripped off too by someone in these forums. The guy claimed to be receiving 8000 visitors a day to this particular site. After purchasing the site for mid $x,xxx I found out that his stats were not entirely accurate. Found out that he was counting hits as unique visitors after I analyzed his stats program.

I have tried to contact him, but he has just disappeared completely. Now there's nothing I can do about it. Mods won't help me (they've actually closed the thread in question thus allowing that guy to get away) so I've had no choice but to take it as a loss.

So I completely feel for you.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is partially why I don't buy domains that are traffic only. With content I can always retool or resell. I am just saddened that people don't use more common sense when buying these traffic names.

cpm-04.com gets 7000 type-ins a day! Yeah..sure. How could you have believed that?

Good luck and maybe someone learned from this. I hate scammers but if you are gonna make it this easy for them they aren't gonna go away fast.

gworld

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fragile said:
I paid low $x,xxx for this will do a chargeback asap :( if traffic was paid for pmed him so will wait for a reply. and lindmar thanks for your kind thoughts as I'm somewhat of a newbit and buying a domain that get's over 100,000 uniques a month for under $2,000 seemend like the best deal ever you know what they say.

If it sound's too good it probably is!

As you said yourself, part of this is your own fault for being greedy and not thinking how the hell a domain with such stupid name, no pr and no search engine listing and alexa rank of 5000,000 gets so much traffic. If I tell you that I have a cheap bridge in brooklyn will you buy it?

I wish you the best of luck and hope some how everything is ok with this domain and transaction But in case it is not then you have to act as fast as possible to have any chance of getting your money back.

1- Collect all the information and email that you have got and organize it since this is the base of your contract with seller.

2- Report the matter to your credit card company (if this is what you have paid with), start a dispute in paypal or put a stop on the check if you have paid with check.

3- If it is a credit company, they will mostly require that you make some kind of police report since this is not unauthorized transaction and you were the one who charged this.

4- File a police report based on information in point 1 and send the copy to the credit card company.

5- If you have used credit card or paypal, you have a good chance to get your money back, if you have used check and it is already cashed then tough luck and the chances are very slim that you will ever see your money again.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
cpm-04.com gets 7000 type-ins a day! Yeah..sure. How could you have believed that?
That was my reaction too, at first. I can't imagine believeing that either, but if you were the new guy, what would you think? all those hits and low x,xxx? That is irrsistable. But you don't want to beleive that this is a scam. You want to believe you are getting a deal.

dragonhawk

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal won't help. I tried Paypal and they said that they could not do anything. So if you paid with a credit card, then you stand a good chance of getting your money back. Any other method and it's unlikely that you'll get anything back.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well the name could well have non bought traffic, if it had bot traffic and used to be a contact site for a virus or a browser hijack site. By the looks of the stats it seems to be people missing the close button on a popup and accidentally clicking on the ad itself or those that have no idea it is an ad.

Doing further research it seems to be an ex-browserjack or adware/spyware domain hence your actual views and people clicking on the popups. If they were silly enough to get infected once they will probably be silly enough to keep clicking whatever pops up and looks like a proper windows box.

Now you must decide, you have all these people with your new domain popping up in their face, what do you want them to see and click on? :cheesy:

labrocca said:
If there is no referrer a lot of people automatically say type in because the traffic is not coming from a link so it must be typed in (or virus traffic). In this case it may well be a "Internet Explorer types it in for you as it's start page" type in :-/

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is an adserver. Please contact advertisers directly.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040925012119/http://cpm-04.com/

Sounds like you are right about that!

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://cpm-04.com/*

Searched for all pages on http://cpm-04.com/
Results 1 - 10 of about 119

cpm-04.com/
~3 pages between Jun 03, 2004 and Sep 25, 2004

cpm-04.com/ad2/ad2-AAA.html
~2 pages between May 21, 2004 and Jun 07, 2004

cpm-04.com/ad2/ad2-AAB.html
~3 pages between Jun 03, 2004 and Jun 15, 2004

cpm-04.com/ad2/ad2-AAE.html
1 page from Jul 11, 2004

cpm-04.com/ad2/ad2-AAF.html
~3 pages between May 28, 2004 and Jun 22, 2004

cpm-04.com/ff/
1 page from Jun 23, 2004

cpm-04.com/ff/?D=A
1 page from Jun 23, 2004

cpm-04.com/ff/?D=D
1 page from Jul 04, 2004

cpm-04.com/ff/?M=A
1 page from Jun 23, 2004

cpm-04.com/ff/?N=A
1 page from Jul 05, 2004

Results 1 - 10 of about 119 Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice catch Mail3k :eek:k: I guess people shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Is it just me or are there a lot of virus/adware/hijack/spyware domains floating about the forums these day? I know what some people are doing but it's not really fair advertising those names as proper/real X,XXX a day traffic names when you know it is compromised traffic.

If you can live with the guilt of taking advantage of really gullible people you could have big red letters saying "You are infected with spyware that is why this window has popped up" and then link them to some anti spyware affiliate program.

luvkycool

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
what a low life scumbag,
However it is your fault offcourse for not doing your homework well.
Sorry to hear and Good luck with it!

elieli

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold this name to fragile yesterday,
thread is at
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=88636
I edited it yesterday to "sale over" but I edited it again now to the original message.
all the people in the tread can confirm it, I had a about 8 bidders.

I stated in the thread and to all bidders in pm, that this name gets visitors probably because the internet explorer home page of the visitors was changed to this domain by a spyware (I can't be sure, but I think it is the reason) and I said that I prefer to sell it to an antispy software.

here is the conversaation between me and fragile in pm, administrators can confirm it:

<<<quotes<<<
frangile:
please inform me on your Buy it now price! As I would like to buy this domain name now!
now offer $1,500
where is the traffic comming from? Type-ins? as there is no site or link popularity

elieli
i don't have refferal stats, since it is redirected from enom to domainsponsor, and both do not provide refferal stats (enom has trafficvista, but it is so bad that I stoped working with it)
I tested it for 1 hour when I redirected it to another place, and all refferals showed- "uknown refferal"
usually "uknown refferal" shows that people are either type in or bookmarked the page,
but in this case I think it is because the page is the default of their browser.

frangile:
Sounds good! really looking to purchase this highest I can afford is $1,600 own antiadbuster script and working on oscommerce post nuke portal was in the works a few weeks ago and this domain will definatly take it to the next level.

elieli
o.k sold to you.
not only because of the price, but because it looks like you know what you are doing.
my paypal is [email protected]
please tell me your enom username for the push.
Thanks

frangile:
Totally understandable! Moreover what the domain will serve is a anti spyware portal with the current news downloads and community to combat BROWSER SPAM! :D

Thanks again & stay tuned

Thanks
elieli
....if you want, I can wait 2 days, and if it wasn't what you expected, I can deny the paypal payment and sell it to someone else
<<<<<<end of quotes<<<<

looking for an apology from some people in this thread

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well at least he does have traffic, even if it is bookmarked/virus traffic! He could continue to park it, or direct it to a virus removal site (but then if they all bought it, his traffic would stop!)

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
elieli said:
I sold this name to fragile yesterday,
thread is at
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=88636
I edited it yesterday to "sale over" but I edited it again now to the original message.
all the people in the tread can confirm it, I had a about 8 bidders.

I think that thread is very clear in what you were selling. I think the fact someone jumped in straight away with "bought traffic" was what caused the confusion in here and everyone else jumping on the bandwagon and fragile getting worried it was bought and not compromised.

Mail3K.com said:
Well at least he does have traffic, even if it is bookmarked/virus traffic! He could continue to park it, or direct it to a virus removal site (but then if they all bought it, his traffic would stop!)

yes but he'd be a gazillionaire! or maybe even a bajillionaire at that stage, 7,000+ sales at say $10 commission a sale :eek:k:

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well since I really blame the buyer on this I ain't gonna apologize for my comments. I still hate scammers ...it just appears you are not one. Personally I think the buyer has a made a mistake and jumped the gun. That of course is not your fault nor your problem. I saw you sale yesterday and after a quick read just went to the next one.

Your sales thread does not seem missleading at all and I think that puts you in the clear on this one.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom