Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Forums.com - Received great offer!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imneazmh

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I meant 7 figures guaranteed to the right end user ... Reseller won't go beyond 6 figures :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's easy for us to shoot off 1/2 to 1 Million dollar figures when were not in the drivers seat.

Just my 2 cents

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider, you obviously have no real comprehension of accurate domain values, most likely because you don't own any names of this caliber where as domainers like myself and Adam do and know what they are capable of making revenue wise & the offers that are always coming in on them. When you have a name of this quality, it's a sellers market. Seven figures is really completely within reason for this domain. Some of the BEST generics are sold for 25, 30, even 35+ years revenue. Add alot more money on for base inherent value & the brand potential and that's how you start arriving at these numbers or even higher. Domains like this one are not just run of the mill "domains" they are part of long term business plans. :eek:k:

Last edited:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In Norway we have a huge forum called "Diskusjon.no" which means "Discussion.no". It is divided into almost every genre like "Hardware", "Games", "Companies", "Cars", "Boating", "Leisure", "Jobs and Education", "Culture", "Audio", "Mobile phones", "Workout" etc. You get the point.

Anyways, this is Norway's biggest and most popular forum and it has got several hundred thousand members with several thousand posts daily. This is a lot for a small country like Norway.

So, my point is, I could see Forums dot com be developed into something similar. It could be the biggest forum on the internet, in every genre.

So yes, it's an amazing category killer and it's definitely the best in it's genre (the singular would also be great), but I think you will have to wait long for a 7 figure offer, as a potential "end-user" wouldn't have such funds. If it was Banks.com, Loans.com or Cars.com then the sky wouldn't even be the limit of what you could expect, as your potential buyers would be extremely well funded. Anywhere near low-mid $xxx,xxx would be a great sale and I would definitely be happy with it without thinking "I could get more if I waited longer".

It's an amazing name, so good luck with it and I hope it will make you a fortune.

*2 cents paid at the counter.*

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No doubt it's a great domain but I think the 7-figures quotes are way off. We are in the sex.com league here :)
IMO you are looking at low 6 figures.
My reasoning is that this type of domain is not the easiest to monetize. With a sound business plan you can still make good money but you won't recoup your investment overnight. This name needs (and deserves) strong development to blossom.
Domain names are assets like any other, and they should be written off over a reasonable and predictable amount of time.
When I'm going to hire somebody or purchase a domain, my primary question is not 'how much is it going to cost' but 'how much is it going to yield'.
So it all boils down on the business plan that the buyer has in mind.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sell it only if the offer you received is in the $500,000 - $700,000 price range.

Or redirect that domain on DNForum :D

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what was the offer...i just sold the .org :(

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea whats the offer? then we can tell you if its better to keep or sell ;)

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DCG, What is the general range of your offer?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? For 7 figures you can buy a better domain name!

Like DataRecovery.com for 1.6 mil? To me, initially that was an eye opening sale...but in the right hands...the sale makes sense....and the seller really knew the business. I think your average experienced domainer would have sold that name under 100k (if ROI made sense).

I think you really need to look at a name like this from the enduser perspective. Who is the end user...frankly Adam is an end user potentially or even most likely...he has a pretty good perspective on what he would pay for it today if he did not have it. IMO this perspective is what has brought many 7 figure sales.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do you guys appraise it at?

Your reasoning will help me decide to sell or keep,

-=DCG=-

the potential is huge for this domain

that's if you want to develop into the portal it could be

ex:

halo.forums.com > all halo forums

domain.forums.com > all domain forums

political.forums.com > all political forums

game.forums.com > all game forums

etc

much better than "forum.com" for the example above

so i would keep, unless the offer was more than you would have priced it for.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...but I think you will have to wait long for a 7 figure offer, as a potential "end-user" wouldn't have such funds. If it was Banks.com, Loans.com or Cars.com then the sky wouldn't even be the limit of what you could expect, as your potential buyers would be extremely well funded.

Who's to say that this interested party isn't well funded? It could be any media/news/entertainment/publishing company on the planet and if that's the case, you can be sure they have the funds.

I agree with everyone that has said 500k or higher and I would be leaning towards the 7 figure mark.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don't sell it Adam! Unless you need the cash to re-invest in other venues, right now.
Hold onto it but do develop it into a global community.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Think if it's developped into a community of different forums, all on different themes, all of which can be targetted to different advertisers. Sports - fashion - games - news - tech - and on and on.

For this reason you are in the mid xxx,xxx range at least.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Social Networking is the Future.....hold off for a bit, and you will get much more. I believe with this current phase in our economy you should only sell if you really, really need the money. More and more players are entering our World....Suits with big Investment Portfolios ...... Our one word generics are increasing in value as every day goes by....imho...

i

I have a feeling you already know what you will do :).....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom