• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Forums.com - Received great offer!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A branded domain could do all the things mentioned above...twitter or facebook good examples.

how many of you "domainers" have ever put the word forums in a search string? I have prolly twice.

How many people on the planet could develop this as it should be?

and what would they pay for this name instead of the next best name?

imo not a 7 figure name undeveloped...prolly mid 6 figures tops

good luck keep us posted
 
Raider, you obviously have no real comprehension of accurate domain values, most likely because you don't own any names of this caliber where as domainers like myself and Adam do and know what they are capable of making revenue wise & the offers that are always coming in on them. When you have a name of this quality, it's a sellers market. Seven figures is really completely within reason for this domain. Some of the BEST generics are sold for 25, 30, even 35+ years revenue. Add alot more money on for base inherent value & the brand potential and that's how you start arriving at these numbers or even higher. Domains like this one are not just run of the mill "domains" they are part of long term business plans. :ok:

1st, I own many single word generics, both plural and non, Sold many generics through out the years to some of the biggest corporations in America, Canada as well....So yes, I do have a grasp on domain values and traffic potential as well.

2nd. Never, ever mention your name and Adams in the same sentence, it's almost like mixing urine with fine wine.

3rd. You singled me out in this thread for the sole purpose of flaming me... It's unfortunate that you chose Adams thread to do it in.
 
Thanks to all for their input so far.

I am still undecided at this time, partially because I hate parting with good names.

So I either find someone that can devote time to it or I sell it.

-=DCG=-
 
... or put it back in the vault til the economy recovers, or you have the time to work that domain.
 
DNFers could write a plan and share in the profits and development of the most useful forum site ever!

:idea:
 
Thanks to all for their input so far.

I am still undecided at this time, partially because I hate parting with good names.

It's hard letting a domain you love go, But it's the love for the domain that nets you the most money. :yes:
 
I would sell it if the offer is above 300K...
 
I think the main question is, how much natural traffic is it getting.
 
Thanks to all for their input so far.

I am still undecided at this time, partially because I hate parting with good names.

So I either find someone that can devote time to it or I sell it.

-=DCG=-

Simple if you don't need the cash then don't sell But if you can invest the cash and make more then sell.............if you need the cash then sell.
 
You could develop it or sell it :)
6 figures- 7 figures(developed is easier to sell)
 
I would sell it if the offer was for more than $300K but i would be tempted to hold it for better econimic times.
 
IMO, Crunch some numbers.

Sounds like the 2 scenarios are either sell name @ whatever negotiated price you may get now vs. the below:

Hold Domain.

Hire cheap labour from continually growing labour pool (due to current recession/pending depression).

Launch optimized revenue generating site.

Sell site/name on up-tick to economic recovery.

**********************
Seems like a developed rev. gen. site may fetch more than just the name alone, with no loss of value to the name on the flip side of this economic cycle.

I would dare say alot of people staying in their houses surfing the web during these rough economic times may enjoy using Forums.com - easy on the gas bill ;-)

...but if it looks like the current offer will trump the value of developing the name, then take the money and run. Use the $ to sweep-up some low hanging domain fruit with the fire sales going-on. Go buy a small island somewhere and forget aboot things for a while. Roll neked in the cash. Enjoy Life.

Either way, I'm sure you will be duely rewarded with the choice you make.

Best of Luck & Success in All Your Endeavours!

I look forward to hearing the outcome like everyone else here with bated breath. (-:

[PS: As for an appraisal - I am not experienced enough to provide a valuation of such premium domain. It's out of my league (atm).]
 
Last edited:
great name...

I would say easy $500,000 .... upside is unlimited develop it and max out the value...

so many ideas for this.... now I won't be able to sleep :asleep:

goodluck :yo:
 
Wow, pretty good domain name. If mine, I would take money to invest another.

BTW, this thread let me think about mine, "discusses.net".

Appreciated if anyone think about this related one.
 
Making the real use of this domain as a project was few years back.
Now google and other searh engines have started devaluating blogs/forums content.
I will recommend you to research more on this before.

If you plan to sell the domain, I am not an expert, but it should not be sold anywhere less then 350,000 US$
 
My suggestion for an end user, would be not the creation of an actual forum or forums, but information regarding forums, and/or the sale of forums software.
 
It's a great domain, there's no arguing with that. But undeveloped, what's it really worth? I think that undeveloped it's actually worth more to a reseller than to an end user.

I know as an enduser I'd rather have greatforumdiscussions.com if it comes with a 100,000 strong commuity than forums.com with 20 visits per month. Just my thoughts.

If it was me, I'd develop it unless the offer is just silly money big.

Personally I'd create a forumer.com clone with it. (or approach forumer.com)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom