Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

free pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware you're allowed to steal content from government pages.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
I wasn't aware you're allowed to steal content from government pages.

Any content from government is supposedly in public domain and hence available for free public use. So there are no copyright issues if you copy content from the government pages. At least this is true in United States. I am not sure about other countries.

FusionX

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's your problem with Government info..everyone uses them. So the search engine s (if you are using this text for content for ranking purposes) simply cancel out all duplicates/clones of the text.

The correct way to use the text AND to boost your ranking above the rest of the pack is to re write the information. Pick out the facts and figures and write around them.

You then have the correct or at least the official info and your pages are not simply clones of hundreds of thosands of other pages..you will rank higher than the others.

BTW..if anyone would like the cool avatar of beating his head against the wall like Fusion and I have .. simply go tell someone to F off

:cheeky:

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FusionX said:
Any content from government is supposedly in public domain and hence available for free public use. So there are no copyright issues if you copy content from the government pages. At least this is true in United States. I am not sure about other countries.

FusionX

Actually, no, there's an important distinction here you are missing. Anything the government writes, data it collects, and so forth are in public domain. Not everything on a government page was created by the government. In some cases they get the info they put on their web pages from studies by other organizations or author authors, in which case you can't just copy anything you find on a government page. Make sure you research what you are doing first to make sure it really is public domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom