Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Get any mobile domain you want for FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could have owned an unlimited number of mobile domains before they ever went live, in fact many people did, and we're not talking about just your average run of the mill names either. We're talking about very brandable names with existing typein traffic that need little to no additional advertising to drive traffic to their mobile content. No worries if you still don't have any yet, they're still available for any domain that you may own, they are often very short and sweet and they are absolutely free :)

widget.com/mobile/

JasMate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could have owned an unlimited number of mobile domains before they ever went live, in fact many people did, and we're not talking about just your average run of the mill names either. We're talking about very brandable names with existing typein traffic that need little to no additional advertising to drive traffic to their mobile content. No worries if you still don't have any yet, they're still available for any domain that you may own, they are often very short and sweet and they are absolutely free :)

widget.com/mobile/

That link doesn't work, and what do you mean by free mobile domain? What extension is it? Is it subdomain?

Thanks.

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That link doesn't work

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guy's the link is not supposed to work, it's just an example...I karumba

Yawn.
Another .mobi hater.

rsequin, I'm not a hater, I just don't like all the hype and I rather see people save their money. They are trying to create demand where demand doest not exist, it's marketing 101. I can uderstand why you don't want to hear it, you have .mobi's for sale...

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rsequin, I'm not a hater, I just don't like all the hype and I rather see people save their money. They are trying to create demand where demand doest not exist, it's marketing 101. I can uderstand why you don't want to hear it, you have .mobi's for sale...

Do you honestly believe your own B.S. "...I rather see people save their money".

People will spend their money how they see fit. It's ok to not like .mobi but to not like .mobi then spend time in the .mobi forum is in my humble opinion, a little "perverted"??

Save yourself the trouble with nonsensical threads like the one you started. Go to forums which interest you where you can actively participate, and be productive. You are welcome here, but if you don't like .mobi, then save yourself, and get some help!

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
E-Demote: Don't be a loser who's got nothing else better to do than start hate threads :fencing:

:peace:

:whoo:

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As some .mobi have already been sold for a pretty good rpice, I which I would have owned these. Nice ROI for the persons who regged them.

Personally I also think, the world doesn't need .mobi, but it seems there is some demand.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol... he said i just like to see people save their money..thats funny..

people are going to waste their money on the internet in many other areas than just domains.. making blanket statements about EVERYONE that bought a .mobi is just completely inaccurate.. i probably bought more than anyone on this forum, does that mean i wasted my money?

yes, people buy them. yes you can make money from them. im sorry this seems unfair but people need to accept this.. i've sold .mobis already, own about 600 at least and sold 3 and paid off nearly 80 of them..

its best not to judge peoples investments when you dont know the individual.. i personally dont count on .mobi being the great next thing.. it could be but i dont count on it.. however, i do count on paying off 100% of my investment with a few the sale of a few names..

domain speculation IS taking chances, wake up.. the chances are small when you own free names in the end.

dont get greedy. just make money from words.. thats it. hype or not..

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
E-Demote: Don't be a loser who's got nothing else better to do than start hate threads :fencing:

Rick I really don't understand why some of you guys are taking this so personally. I'm just offerring some counterbalance to all the pro mobi hype going on around here. What's so offensive about that. It's strange that your so offended. If you believe in it then good for you, but there are newer people around here that are on the fence and deserve to hear both sides.

Do you honestly believe your own B.S. "...I rather see people save their money". People will spend their money how they see fit. It's ok to not like .mobi but to not like .mobi then spend time in the .mobi forum is in my humble opinion, a little "perverted"??

izopod, Why would you call my concern BS? You don't know the first thing about me...did I touch some kind of .mobi nerve?

Have you noticed that all anti .mobi threads are in the .mobi forum? Either you haven't or your just trying to be deceitful and grabbing at straws to ridicule my comments. In your "humble opinion" huh? By the way, I don't spend time in the .mobi forum, this is the most time I've spent here...It's just hard to avoid all the pro .mobi posts that come up when you look at the day's posts.

JasMate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guy's the link is not supposed to work, it's just an example...I karumba

Forget saving people from wasting their money what about saving people from wasting their time! I certainly wasted my time here......THANKS FOR NO-THING:clap2:
Do you honestly believe your own B.S. "...I rather see people save their money".

People will spend their money how they see fit. It's ok to not like .mobi but to not like .mobi then spend time in the .mobi forum is in my humble opinion, a little "perverted"??

Save yourself the trouble with nonsensical threads like the one you started. Go to forums which interest you where you can actively participate, and be productive. You are welcome here, but if you don't like .mobi, then save yourself, and get some help!

Well said I could not agree
with you more my friend!

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeez guys, is it not possible to have polite discussion and disagreement on subjects like this? We went through this with .eu, now were on to .mobi. We gotta figure there will be more extensions where the same discussion will be had.

Yeah, I didn't buy any .mobi. Doesn't mean I don't have opinions on it. In fact, it means that I absolutely do have opinions on it. I hope I can state them objectively rather than emotionally. I hope I can state my opinions without personally insulting someone...or being personally insulted by someone. Seems that people worry that discussion on this forum will impact the overall success of .mobi. It won't, the general public will decide that.
I hope all you guys who bought .mobi will make some nice coin from it. I hope you won't come back and rub it in to everyone else if that happens though.
Even though I feel particularly negative towards .mobi, I can recognize that there are reasonable arguements and opinions on both sides. E-promotes point was not an unreasonable one. And that's probably the last time I will ever defend his position (see the politics section for more info).

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well said Ducklina...Now if I could just get some of the democrats and independents to chime in :)

JasMate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well said Ducklina...Now if I could just get some of the democrats and independents to chime in :)

I don't have a problem with a discussion about the pros and cons of .mobi, however to start a thread with information that domainers already know is quite pointless. We all know about subdomains so why bring it up? Mobile devices will most likely default to .mobi not mobi.site.com or site.com/mobi.

The only reason I can see for starting this thread is to bash mobi. Now it is good to give your opinion but the way you went about it was not good mate.:horn:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only reason I can see for starting this thread is to bash mobi. Now it is good to give your opinion but the way you went about it was not good mate.:horn:

I think that I've already made it clear why this thread was started, it's not to "bash" .mobi...if it's to "bash" anything at all, it's all the .mobi hype going on around here.

JasMate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that I've already made it clear why this thread was started, it's not to "bash" .mobi...if it's to "bash" anything at all, it's all the .mobi hype going on around here.

Ok you started this thread to bash .mobi hype - Ok. My question is why bash the .mobi hype? Do you have a problem with it? If so what is your problem? Does it upset you that people like myself will make a huge profit from this particluar extension? In my opinion "Hype" is a good thing it will get more people involved, more sales will be generated and the price of my .mobi's will keep getting higher and higher :whoo:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jas...it won't upset me if you make a huge profit from .mobi. in fact I wish you all the best with it. I don't own any because I don't want any. I think that what you mean by hype is momentum or successful marketing and I agree with you that that is a good thing for sales. When I mentioned hype I'm referring to exaggerated or misleading claims.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll give a related example of why someone might bash hype:

Peapod.com came along with the amazing and revolutionary idea of delivering groceries and taking the orders over the internet. Suddenly their stock market value was greater than that of Albertson or Safeway. The "haters" like myself pointed out that Albertson and Safeway had thousands of stores, millions of dollars in infrastructure, real revenue and actual earnings. Albertson and Safeway were national while Peapod was pretty much local to the bay areaHow hard would it be for the big guys to put up a website and deliver groceries if this were really such an amazing and revolutionary idea?

I think that's e-promotes point here. That this really isn't as amazing and revolutionary...or even as necessary as people may believe it is. Couldn't companies just add a "click here for mobile interface" button to their existing sites?

However, a lot of people made big money early on Peapod. It's those who held on that lost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators