• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Getting hooked on .be's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the correction!!!
 
What do you all reckon to WirelessBroadband.be and BusinessBroadband.be?
 
RickyG said:
Hey Rob.....some nice ones there.

Thanks Ricky - beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

But indeed, we had reseller (and 2 end users!) interest in several of the ones we mentioned within about 3-4 days of them being registered... but nothing sufficiently significant, so we'll be developping them. Besides, I always believe that the best domains need to be at least somewhat developped to create buzz and traffic ..

Cheers,

Rob
 
rawkinrich said:
What do you all reckon to WirelessBroadband.be and BusinessBroadband.be?

In Belgium they might use "haut-debis" for broadband and "sans fils" for wireless, so they are useless for the Belgium market... Would be very nice in .co.uk but in .be I don't see much value...
 
Fredo said:
In Belgium they might use "haut-debis" for broadband and "sans fils" for wireless, so they are useless for the Belgium market... Would be very nice in .co.uk but in .be I don't see much value...

Hang on a bit, only a minority of Belgian's speak French!!!
 
dwrixon said:
Hang on a bit, only a minority of Belgian's speak French!!!

They speak either Dutch (60%) or French (40%) so it is still not English :ok:
 
Fredo said:
They speak either Dutch (60%) or French (40%) so it is still not English :ok:

No you are quite correct on that one! It never fails to amaze me how many people just book out ccTLDs in English with actually considering how people are going to access the Internet. The worst example is India. People are piling in because they believe it to be the second most important English speaking market after the US. You only have to scratch the surface to see just how misguided this actually is!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
 
Still Fredo is correct. The stats are rougly 60/40. French is certainly important in Belgium, and most of the Dutch-speakers there understand French (the reverse does not often hold true).
To say that only a minority of Belgians speak French is wrong.
 
I picked up a few playing on the word "be", the others I got were keyword ones.

freeimagehost.be - is parked on my image hosting site
and some adult keyword domains which are just parked at sedo with no traffic :(
oh well...
 
PYR....a free domain parked.... if it gets a few hits n clicks is a winner. Now it isnt a superstar...but a few of these and you could get a check.
RickyG

PS...I also sent you a PM for some info.....
 
sdsinc said:
Still Fredo is correct. The stats are rougly 60/40. French is certainly important in Belgium, and most of the Dutch-speakers there understand French (the reverse does not often hold true).
To say that only a minority of Belgians speak French is wrong.

Everyone in the UK just about has studied French at school, unless it pretty chic you are not going to get them using domains with French Keywords. It is the mother tongue that ultimately counts, which is why English Keywords in dot IN will fail!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
 
dwrixon said:
unless it pretty chic you are not going to get them using domains with French Keywords.
Best Regards
Dave Wrixon


I ended up with 5 french keywords that all get good traffic so I must have done something right. :-D
 
RickyG said:
What are they?

Would rather not list as rules on .be are rather sketchy at best. I have already lost so great ones do to misunderstanding of rules. Don't need to lose these too. :cheesy:
 
I tried to register there, but seems to be acting up. I'm in Canada, I see a -16.00 for setup, but a 20.00 for registration, hence subtotalling to 4.00 per domain (+vat). I'm in Canada, and I have not registered any domains, so I don't know what's wrong with it...
 
RegFly is also offering the same right now
 
RegFly just notified me that my .be names were cancelled by the registry. And I had a few good names that I was planning on developing. They said that I did not meet the specific registries requirements or I entered invalid information. Well, I can't find the problem or any registry requirements that I have not met.

Edit: I just checked the domains I registered and they are listed as "not allowed". Odd, since that means the domain is too short, has illegal characters, or certain dash combinations. My names do not meet any of those...

As far as I'm concerned, .be is not worth the effort at this point. The registry's behavior makes the whole thing smell like a scam.
 
TPT were u listing those names for sale on sedo or anywhere? if yes that could be the reason.
 
Nope. I registered them with RegisterFly last week and haven't done anything with them yet, left them at the default registerfly name servers. I was just starting to work on content for one domain when I got the notification.
 
I just reg some with RegFly last week and they havnt set up the DNS yet for them. I opened up a support ticket and the reply was they are overloaded with be's. I also went to eurodns.com and did a whois on those names and they are stil avail.

Any chanche regfly was to slow and someone grabed them from euro or another reg?
My 2 cents,
RickyG
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom