Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Getting Ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So we've officially been google ranked, already on page 13 in less than 2 weeks:) So excited! Our Alexa's gone down as well, its amazing. Got a content writer on board, more producers and even adding a "Courses" + "Tips & Tricks" section soon! This is thrilling stuff. I love it. Thanks for all the support!

Can you tell its my first time? :) I've been developing for a while but never took on a personal project quite like this.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's a saying that goes, the safest place to hide a dead body is on page #2 of Google.

Top 3 results are the only ones that matter in my opinion! Just stoked to be ranked so soon, we've only been in dev since the 12th of July! Less than 6 months to #1.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so true theo. rather than going to p.2 google users tend to modify the search term if possible.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so true theo. rather than going to p.2 google users tend to modify the search term if possible.

So true, I do that all the time!

Good news, 3rd day of our SEO campaign and we've gone up to page 8:) Not like it matters, but from no rank to 13th, to 8th page in 3 days is a good feeling. Hopeful to hit page 1 rank 1 in no time!

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if you hit page one rank one the hard thing is to keep the first position after that. I've been there once but not for a long time so I wish you luck!

No "ifs" here, only "when" :) There is SO much involved in maintaining rank and even more so to get ranked. I believe my team and I have a solid understanding of whats needed to rank and maintain rank so we are super hopeful to do so!

domainpros

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No "ifs" here, only "when" :) There is SO much involved in maintaining rank and even more so to get ranked. I believe my team and I have a solid understanding of whats needed to rank and maintain rank so we are super hopeful to do so!

Google is known to boost new website ranks to check for behavioral patterns in visitors. I hope your website is highly usable and has a good page load speed. As the bounce rate will eventually decide your final position.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree!

12,000+ page views so far
1000+ uniques
16% bounce rate
Average time spent over 6 minutes
9 pages per visit average

600ms-1.5s load speed.
1.3mb homepage size

:)

domainpros

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you ought to improve your homepage size. 1.3 mb is quiet large.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you ought to improve your homepage size. 1.3 mb is quiet large.

Apologies, retested, 965KB page size! Our competitor that is ranked #1 for our keyterm currently has a 7.86s page speed and a 2.33mb homepage...think we're doing ok :)

domainpros

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apologies, retested, 965KB page size! Our competitor that is ranked #1 for our keyterm currently has a 7.86s page speed and a 2.33mb homepage...think we're doing ok :)
I am sure you are doing excellent for your target keywords.
But there will always be keywords where you are not ranking as you should. You can also gain those crucial positions by decreasing your page load times.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sure you are doing excellent for your target keywords.
But there will always be keywords where you are not ranking as you should. You can also gain those crucial positions by decreasing your page load times.

Honestly, I'm patiently waiting for a sales pitch from you. :)

I've attached a screen shot of our site compared to google as far as speed and perf grade goes.

For one, we are using CloudFlare in conjunction with WPEngine CDN. We cut our page speed down from 7 seconds to between 600-900ms. Which is rare for a wordpress based website.

All of our CSS, JS, HTMl has been minified, all of our images have been optimized and as much of our content as we can is being fed via highly optimized CDN. Our homepage is as small as we are willing to make it without losing the content we want it to portray.

I've even uploaded an image of our biggest competitor, SoundCloud....and we are 300-400% faster then them in page load speed and an almost identical page size.

You haven't done your research on our site or our competitors. Keywords we aren't ranking for? Well, yea, because we are focusing on the most important one first. Our site has only been live for 23-24 days and are already doing very well with exponential growth and site quality/speed improvements.

Attachments

• Speed-comparison.jpg
    Speed-comparison.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 8.25.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 8.25.19 AM.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 3

domainpros

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just for the record: I'm not giving a sales pitch here at all.
Frankly speaking I was just giving you my suggestions and if you have implemented those ideas it's great for your website.
I understand that I have not done sufficient research on your website, because I was giving you and other readers guidance on increasing page load times to increase ranking.
I close my case here. Good luck with your website :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Speaking from experience, ditch Cloudflare CDN ASAP! You can keep the DNS if you want, but use any other CDN - or none at all and go with a caching accelerator. CF will kill your Google SEO.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Speaking from experience, ditch Cloudflare CDN ASAP! You can keep the DNS if you want, but use any other CDN - or none at all and go with a caching accelerator. CF will kill your Google SEO.

I had no idea CF CDN would punch my SEO in the gut! Thanks! I am using WPEngine CDN along side CF.

Does CDN in general kill SEO? Or just CF's? Also, WpEngine has its own caching system and does not allow for external caching systems such as W3 total cache.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When fully enabled (other than DNS) Cloudflare has its benefits: speed, rogue visitor filtration, less downtime etc. but also sharing of IP with potentially questionable content that often skirts the TOS. Google is often fooled by the changes in the source IP from CDN systems and begins to drop the "juice" for the target site. It will take 2-4 weeks to recover the ranking prior to using full CF.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When fully enabled (other than DNS) Cloudflare has its benefits: speed, rogue visitor filtration, less downtime etc. but also sharing of IP with potentially questionable content that often skirts the TOS. Google is often fooled by the changes in the source IP from CDN systems and begins to drop the "juice" for the target site. It will take 2-4 weeks to recover the ranking prior to using full CF.

Well, I just got rid of CF completely. I don't want to play around with SEO issues at all. WpEngine CDN will suffice and I will find other means to optimize the site:)

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First congrats on your starting success :) Second, don't get to hyped up, because Google usually has all new sites (from what I could figure this is a newer site, correct?) go through their "Honeymoon period" (yes that is actually a thing in SEO :)). They rank new sites high in the start and then when their algorithm figures out where to put the new site, then you find out what your true rank is.

Since you said that you started an SEO campaign and that you are 3 days in it, the upwards rankings are not from these 3 days of "SEO" work because at the moment it takes G at least 14 days to process additional links and calculate your rankings again due to these new links. Don't go crazy with building links, rather focus on good content and social media (social media can boost your rankings a lot!). If you do go after links, get just a few and those niche oriented and high quality.

You are doing it correct with your anchor texts (I couldn't help myself so I did a bit of digging..) by the way so continue doing that in the future as well ;)

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First congrats on your starting success :) Second, don't get to hyped up, because Google usually has all new sites (from what I could figure this is a newer site, correct?) go through their "Honeymoon period" (yes that is actually a thing in SEO :)). They rank new sites high in the start and then when their algorithm figures out where to put the new site, then you find out what your true rank is.

Since you said that you started an SEO campaign and that you are 3 days in it, the upwards rankings are not from these 3 days of "SEO" work because at the moment it takes G at least 14 days to process additional links and calculate your rankings again due to these new links. Don't go crazy with building links, rather focus on good content and social media (social media can boost your rankings a lot!). If you do go after links, get just a few and those niche oriented and high quality.

You are doing it correct with your anchor texts (I couldn't help myself so I did a bit of digging..) by the way so continue doing that in the future as well ;)

Thank you! Yes I got a bit pumped but my SEO guy also told me to settle down :) Google takes a while to hand out actual starting rank! Yes we are young in our SEO and the site has now only been live like 23-24 days or so!

We aren't focused too hard on links yet, we are acquiring links as the come organically until we have more of a following and are getting links via followers and are growing in hopes that bigger more reputable blogs decide to post about us. Adding about 5-7 new 300+ word posts a week all on relative industry content, adding content everyday, adwords and social media campaigns and trying to get the community involved as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators