Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Go Daddy Jacks 'Closeout' Domains Price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm...What is so hard to understand about the word 'Closeout'? Go Daddy pays NOTHING for these domains that they take from us for their own pure profit (they pay NOTHING for them unlike us) at expiry. These are the names that no one really wanted much or they would have bought them for $10! Well, as of today, they are priced from $5-$9 and possibly rising. Go Daddy hasn't listed any new names in this list for two days. Given that these names expire in the end, they have lost money on this while they implement this pretty minimal potential monetary gain and they may actually loose given that most of these names are losers in the first place.

Oh, when you don't have a name on 'Auto-Renew', Go Daddy now sends you a 'Failed Billing Notice'. I am sure that this gets some names paid for that people meant to drop especially if it is a multiple employee business. I LOVE Go Daddy marketing! They are an example of what gives Capitalism a bad name.

Domain Summit 2024

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like Turtles

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How did you learn about the changes with Closeouts?

P.S. I've been getting those "Failed Billing Notice" emails too - what a despicable way to try to snag the unwary.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a couple of them emails and I was surprised that it was a 'failed billing' since I didn't have them on auto-renew in the first place. Some people actually fall for that?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that as of Jan. 1, 2010 the closeouts will now only be available for one day vs. the current 5 day auction.

Seen and noted on front page of freshdrop.net

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, 'Failed Billing' sounds tricky, especially when you never asked to be billed for the renewal of a domain name. I could see expiration warning notices, but you are right, they are sure marketers at Godaddy...

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to think That the name is up for $9 for one day, then $8 for one day, then $7, and, finally, $5. I haven't seen any $6 names. This new system makes it hard to search for names with some traffic that have been newly added. I will likely look a good deal less. It must be nice to always have thousands of names to sell without ever investing a penny for them!

As to the 'Failed Billing' it would be fine to send a note that they are not on Auto-billing and that you will loose them soon. That is honest. 'Failed Billing' simply isn't.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's a nightmare now...

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happy New YEAR!

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was actually only 9:57pm, January 2nd, in Florida at the time of my post ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom