Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Godaddy CEO Bob Parsons is proud of shooting an elephant in Africa - Disgusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from Namecheap offering $4.99 transfers and $1 will go to Save The Elephants
Hi Jim,

It's not often that we would disagree publicly with a competitor, but we at Namecheap are very disturbed by this video of a competitor killing an elephant for sport. Check out the ABC News Report (Warning: Very Graphic!)

We've decided to throw our support behind our Elephant friends by offering domain transfers at a price where we actually lose money.

Show your protest by saying BYEBYEGD again and transfer your domains to Namecheap for $4.99 for the next 24 hours through 11:59pm EST on 3/31/11 (limit 10 per user, valid for all com/net/org domains).

On top of that, we'll donate $1 for each transfer to Save The Elephants at http://www.savetheelephants.org/

Use coupon code BYEBYEGD and let's help the Elephants together!

Regards,
Team Namecheap

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What was he thinking when he decided to publish this video?

He wasnt. I have met alot of people that think like that. (or dont think, should I say)

But no worries. He and his staff will still sell gobs and gobs of domain names to people that dont have a clue, or dont care to.

[sarcasm]Thank god he saved those poor crops from this horrible freak of nature![/sarcasm]

(I wonder how much that company hunting trip and 'licensing' cost the company)

Last edited:

COR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a horrible horrible and abhorrent thing. Shame on you Bob Parsons.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable...
Has anyone calculated how many domains have been moved away from GD after this occured?

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Typical knee-jerk reactions from the ignorant...

Firstly, elephants are not endangered in many parts of Africa. They have to be culled to preserve crops, forests and other wildlife. If you take in all the video and not just the bits you want to focus on, you'll see that the hunting party are helping the locals by getting rid of the odd destructive elephant, and not a bit goes to waste. It's not for a trophy.

If you want to make a difference, save your vitriol for the poachers who kill rhinos just so they can take their horns.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see what the big deal is.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Typical knee-jerk reactions from the ignorant...

Firstly, elephants are not endangered in many parts of Africa. They have to be culled to preserve crops, forests and other wildlife. If you take in all the video and not just the bits you want to focus on, you'll see that the hunting party are helping the locals by getting rid of the odd destructive elephant, and not a bit goes to waste. It's not for a trophy.

If you want to make a difference, save your vitriol for the poachers who kill rhinos just so they can take their horns.

Thanks you for quoting the position of Robert Mugabe, President of Zimbabwe, and considered one of the most corrupt a brutal dictators of our time. His military forces make a regular policy of killing entire villages of people and gang raping the children of anyone who opposes him .

No need to make a comparison of Mugabe to Hitler, Mugabe does it himself: Mugabe was quoted by UK's The Daily Telegraph as saying "This Hitler has only one objective: justice for his people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people and their rights over their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be a Hitler tenfold".

Interesting that you take Mugabe's view of the ecology of the area as unquestioned fact, and label others as "ignorant". I wonder how much Bob Parsons paid Mugabe for his "license fee" and whether it also included a license to rape some of the local children who were probably also eating some of those crops.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks you for quoting the position of Robert Mugabe, President of Zimbabwe, and considered one of the most corrupt a brutal dictators of our time. His military forces make a regular policy of killing entire villages of people and gang raping the children of anyone who opposes him .

No need to make a comparison of Mugabe to Hitler, Mugabe does it himself: Mugabe was quoted by UK's The Daily Telegraph as saying "This Hitler has only one objective: justice for his people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people and their rights over their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be a Hitler tenfold".

Interesting that you take Mugabe's view of the ecology of the area as unquestioned fact, and label others as "ignorant". I wonder how much Bob Parsons paid Mugabe for his "license fee" and whether it also included a license to rape some of the local children who were probably also eating some of those crops.

WTF?

Are you on drugs?

Screw Mugabe, I saw a BBC program on the destruction the elephants are causing, and you're speculating on whether Bob Parsons is a child rapist. How sick are you that your brain can make that link?

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There have been plenty of famous people that have gone elephant hunting...some presidents too if I remember right. People in the region have been eating elephant for at least 200,000 years. They use every part of the animal and waste nothing. Elephant hunting is controlled as to protect the species, while at the same time protecting crops and people.

Last edited:

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A little perspective from Time:

http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/2011/03/30/shooting-an-elephant—why-godaddys-ceo-was-wrong/

"Now, there are so many things wrong with this video that it's hard to know where to start. First off: is it really appropriate to score a scene of hungry villagers in Zimbabwe tearing apart a dead elephant to the tunes of AC/DC's "Hells Bells"? And I can't be the only one who found it creepy that Parsons had outfitted nearly everyone in the area with bright orange GoDaddy baseball caps. Not to mention the fact that this is all taking place in Zimbabwe, a broken country oppressed by the tyrannical Robert Mugabe, where 64% of the population lives under the poverty line and nearly 100% live in fear. This is one step up from taking spring break in North Korea."

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with all the Modern weapons, its not like hunting in the past with primitive weapons. i dont see a reason why Bob Parson has to be so proud that he killed an Elephant with a gun.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FormerDnForumer said:
A little perspective from Time:

http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/201...ceo-was-wrong/

"Now, there are so many things wrong with this video that it's hard to know where to start. First off: is it really appropriate to score a scene of hungry villagers in Zimbabwe tearing apart a dead elephant to the tunes of AC/DC's "Hells Bells"? And I can't be the only one who found it creepy that Parsons had outfitted nearly everyone in the area with bright orange GoDaddy baseball caps. Not to mention the fact that this is all taking place in Zimbabwe, a broken country oppressed by the tyrannical Robert Mugabe, where 64% of the population lives under the poverty line and nearly 100% live in fear. This is one step up from taking spring break in North Korea."
Well for one he's contributing to the local economy. I'm sure he spent money there, and it sounds like he gave away tons of free GoDaddy stuff. I still don't see the big deal...it's food. You can't survive without it. And getting hung up on his choice of music? Now that's just stupid.

And the way the Time journalist described "hungry villagers in Zimbabwe tearing apart a dead elephant" is just a shameful way to put it, making them seem more like savages rather than people that you and I can relate to. Typical, and it makes me glad I don't read Time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Note how extreme some 'animal lovers' can be? They force their opinions onto us and, if we dare to disagree, we are compared with dictators, murderers, and child rapists. Shame they don't give some of that 'love' to humans. Who gives a toss about an elephant? There are better, more grown up, reasons to dislike Parsons.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

'I'll be posting this photo on my sites and emailing my customers to take their business to anyone EXCEPT Godaddy.'

And if I was your customer I'd be looking for a new provider. Very unprofessional to push your PERSONAL beliefs onto your clients.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From the comments it seems like we have a smarter bunch here at dnForum than at TMZ. That's a good thing :lol:

Note how extreme some 'animal lovers' can be? They force their opinions onto us and, if we dare to disagree, we are compared with dictators, murderers, and child rapists.

Some of those TMZ comments are very hateful...
TMZ Comment said:
You need to DIE A PAINFUL DEATH...
TMZ Comment said:
someone should shoot his testicles and feed them to him
TMZ Comment said:
What an EVIL man. I hope he burns in hell!
TMZ Comment said:
I'd call him a sick pig but he doesn't deserve to be called one. Pig is too good for this disgusting human.
Damn if only people felt this way about those in power that are responsible for the thousands of innocent deaths in the Middle East and soon to be Africa. I guess these people are the gullible ones...the ones that think non-profit means nobody is making money off it.

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like it and I think it is disgusting.

It doesn't take much of a man to kill an elephant with a gun, I am sure his navy seals buddies will be real proud.

Bob probably went down there was probably to wrestle their ccTLD .zw away from them. ;)

-=DCG=-

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And here I thought Bob Parsons strictly hunted naked midgets around his estate with his d**k. Happy to hear that he's expanding his horizons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators