Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy CEO Bob Parsons is proud of shooting an elephant in Africa - Disgusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register for the auction

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your response is very disappointing. So by your logic you could go hunting humans, who are on death row, since they are going to die anyway. Or shoot old people that are near the end?
How is killing a wild animal anything like killing a person?

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.... and it sounds like he gave away tons of free GoDaddy stuff.

Well that just confirms it was a company paid trip, and assuredly just a "write-off" vacation against profits.

Nobody here can change my view. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

You can see from the video those villagers are pretty desperate for food.

Yes, the WHOLE COUNTRY is desperate for food. And it isnt because of the elephants. Follow the money.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nobody here can change my view. ;)
Nobody is trying to change your view. I'm just in shock as to how people can have more compassion for a single elephant than the millions that are being forced to suffer an existence in an unnecessarily war-torn region. I'd be willing to bet you either supported Bush or Obama, both of whom have caused a ridiculous amount of pain and death in the world. Way more than Bob Parsons (who harmed 0 people in this hunt).

You don't see Americans getting worked up about that. But they do get worked up over something as petty as a dead elephant.

Edit:
I should note it's not Americans' fault. It's not that Americans are a heartless people, they are just a misguided people. As is evident by their compassion towards this elephant. We do have a system in place here in America that would allow the people to peacefully take back our government. People just need to turn off the CNN/MSNBC/FOX/etc and wake up to the reality of things.

I need to work on not making Americans sound so bad...I just wish they would wake up. The results of their misguidance are frustrating.

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nobody is trying to change your view. I'm just in shock as to how people can have more compassion for a single elephant than the millions that are being forced to suffer an existence in an unnecessarily war-torn region. I'd be willing to bet you either supported Bush or Obama, both of whom have caused a ridiculous amount of pain and death in the world.

But therin is the irony in your statement.

Millions,... or 'one'.

There are not millions of elephants, no doubt.

But there are millions under dictators that dont give a crap about anything except money and might.

(and dont bother making this political or partisan, it aint workin lol)

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if millions of elephants were caused to suffer it wouldn't be as bad as millions of people caused to suffer. Not that Bob Parsons caused a single elephant to suffer.

The reality of things being elephants are not suffering and people are.

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea whatever.

And not to you Nate, as I can see you have your opinion, and I respect that even if i dont agree,...

But I give a challenge to anyone here that can come up with the numbers.

How much did GoDaddy/Bob Parsons actually spend on this trip.
How much did the country recieve for the permission to do the deed.
Who recieved the money and what department of government recieved it.

And I am not talking about the chotskies tossed around the tribal town either.

Does anybody here have the ability/resources to find this data out and actually out it?

Surely corporate data must be available to someone?!

Thats what I want to know.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if millions of elephants were caused to suffer it wouldn't be as bad as a millions people caused to suffer.

when will people learn they are a part of nature and not above it? lots of people hate the wars that are going on. many are ignorant to much of the suffering of not only people but many living things but that is no excuse to exploit people and animals. people especially hate seeing wealthy people who should know better doing it because they don't need to do this survive, its just a game to them, while its survival for the people and animals.

everything has a balance in this world except for mankind. we are f*cking things up big time with our own species amd every other single species on the face of the earth. its attitudes like yours that allow has gotten us where we are and will continue us down the path to destruction.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How much did GoDaddy/Bob Parsons actually spend on this trip.
How much did the country recieve for the permission to do the deed.
Who recieved the money and what department of government recieved it.
I think I read somewhere that it's $5000 for a license. I could be way off though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Plus $1.99 /yr per domain to the Robert Mugabe fund.

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when will people learn they are a part of nature and not above it?
We are not above nature but that doesn't mean you can't be on the side of your own species.

but that is no excuse to exploit people and animals. people especially hate seeing wealthy people who should know better doing it because they don't need to do this survive, its just a game to them, while its survival for the people and animals.
I can see your point here, though I'll defend Bob Parsons' right to hunt wild game.

everything has a balance in this world except for mankind. we are f*cking things up big time with our own species amd every other single species on the face of the earth.
We are a product of the earth. And yes we are messing up big time and if we don't get our act together, it will probably lead to our demise some day. But at the end of the day, this rock floating in space is pretty insignificant. I do feel more compassion towards my fellow man than I do towards an elephant though.

Last edited:

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the difference from seeing Bob Parsons lying on the road and an elephant lying on the road?
No skid marks in front of Parsons.
I know.. a stupid permutation of an old lawyer joke.. just had to do it.

Last edited:

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can't wait til we have a "Planet of the Elephants" movie.. At the end "They actually did it!" (paraphrase or sic).. A herd trampling over all civilization..

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ha real clever. A great argument too. I can see this debate is wearing thin so I'm out.

You make it too easy. *sighs*

Well, I do appreciate your steadfast opinion.

Hate to see ya go.

razorblade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, how i wish he would have missed the shot, and have a rampaging elephant shove a tusk up his ass all the way through to his big fat mouth......

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For those interested in an elephant license:
Elephant License $6,500
Link
The license price is listed at the bottom of page 9. I'm sure Bob Parsons' guide was not cheap though. Seems to be where the bulk of the expense is.

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow,... seems like Big Bob has done this alot lately.

CNN reports that Bob admits to having killed five elephants so far in the last couple of years.

Sounds like a hobby now to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom