Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Godaddy domain stolen

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

Today I received emails from the Godaddy that my domain name was transfer out to another registrar.
But I didn't authorize this transfer. I didn't receive any requests regarding this transfer.
Somebody stole my domain name from my the Godaddy account.

My email address has OTP enabled. No chance somebody else had access to my email.

Called them already. But only tech support is available. They said can do nothing.
My premier service manager is out.
VIP Account Exec: Luke Hintze
Still waiting for him.
The domain name is - AirDoc.com

Name Servers weren't change.
No owner information in whois data.

Need help. Any ideas ?

Regards.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The information I found is next -
In 2012 I have agreed with the godaddy fast transfer process. But I don't remember and cannot find it.
Also I added my domains to Afternic but little bit later a removed all my domains from my account. And it was empty since February 2015.
Today my domain was sold by somebody through the Afternic.
I didn't list it there and I removed all my domains in 2015.
The Godaddy support told me I have accepted the deal in 2014 and no matter how much time have passed.
But once again - I didn't list my domain with the Afternic. I didn't sell it there. I even don't know what price it was listed by someone.
And actually I don't understand how it possible that someone can list my domain name and sell it.
Can anybody please explain what the hell all these mean ?
Regards,
V.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it sold on Afternic, who did Afternic send the payment to ?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are you member of http://www.internetcommerce.org/ ?
talk to them, maybe they can help

if you are in agreement with godaddy for FastTransfer then the domain is gone.
I once had a problem that some LLL names have been priced wrong by a US registrar and some sold on a weekend. Dude I was so angry. It took me 2 hours to get somebody on the phone from the management during weekend in the US.

But they could luckly stop everything. Since that time no Fast Transfer any more!

Prices can change over time, if you agree to a price last year, it can be different today. Remember how fast LLL prices grow in 2015. You could have changed prices 20 times.

Whats your benefit of reducing godaddys work by having the domains on fasttransfer? do they give you a discount on the comission?

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The situation is next.

I own the domain name since 2011
Someone listed my domain in 2012 with the Afternic
In 2013 I created my account with Afternic and added all my domains
But because of domain conflict the domain wasn't added into my account. I didn't know it.
In 2015 I decided not to work with the Afternic and called them to ask to remove all my domains from my account with them.

And finally today, at 4:55am the domain was sold through the Afternic from account it was listed in 2012.
It is not my account. I don't know who own it. But I know that this person doesn't own my domain name.
But he/she sold it.
And the Godaddy moved my domain automatically without my permissions because in 2014 I was opted-in fast transfer program.

But I removed all my domains from Afternic from my account in 2015.
But someone listed it until today in his/her account.

I didn't sell my domain name.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call Afternic and explain the situation.
They should be able to resolve your problem by verifying who is information and the payment that they just sent to.

For fast sale, Afternic does not disburse the fund until 8 working days.

Good luck!
John

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is not in payment.

The problem is that I didn't sell the domain name.
Someone else sold it from other account.
Someone else took my domain , set a price for it and sold it.

I din't want to sell through the Afternic. I didn't want to sell for a price it was sold. I even have no chance to change the price.

I own the domain since 2011.

The domain was listed by someone else (not me) with his/her the Afternic account in 2012.

I created my account with Afternic in 2013.
As the Afternic support told me I was opted-in fast transfer in 2014. And if I really agreed with this program I did it for my account. But I cannot find any email from the Godaddy regarding this program.

The Afternic became the Godaddy in 2014.

In 2015 I removed all my domains from my account with the Afternic. I decided to not work with them anymore. My account is empty.

And yesterday someone else sold my domain.

Once again, I didn't want to sell it. Unauthorized person took my domain and sold it for a price he set, not me !

Last edited:

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For instance , I don't know you and you don't know me. We never met or spoke. You do own XE.COM and I listed your domain XE.COM with my the Afternic account and set a price for $100.
Somebody bought it for $100 right away and what would be your main question in this situation ?

And it happened just because you had your own account with the Afternic and opted-in fast transfer program for your account and listing.

It is also a huge vulnerability.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand your situation but since Afternic sold the name through the Partner program with Godaddy, you need to contact Afternic.

The name is in either Afternic or Godaddy escrow account now.
Without contacting Afternic you are going no where.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry forgot to update the thread.

Happy to say my question has been resolved.
Special thanks to Joe Styler . Great person and professional.

All the best.

Regards,
V.

dynadot

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah, it's something we experience quite a bit, though in reverse. Person A lists the domain with Afternic. Person A doesn't keep the domain and Person B gets it. Person B checks the domain, sees that it is for sale with a premium price because it was never removed when Person A let the domain go.

Another situation that happens less frequently is closer to yours, where someone lists a domain that isn't theirs. Either accidentally or not...

Best Regards,
Samuel L Dotson

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have many Domains it can become funny with the FastTransferService.
It is good for the buyer, but I prefer to stay in Control of my names.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom