Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

[GoDaddy] Not Available to Backorder???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I still have some GoDaddy backorder credits, and im noticing that I am now getting this same error more often...

"Update Failure: any-domain.com is not available for Backorder."

Why is this? Did someone else backorder it first?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes.

The more interesting the domain is, the more likely it has already been backordered by someone.

Also there is possibly increasing competition.

Also, each service seems to have ups and downs where more or less people use them. Maybe more people are using godaddy just at the moment.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PCplay said:
Why is this? Did someone else backorder it first?

Yes. It is quite common. Only thing is that Godaddy should show that its taken first before you cough out that $18 for that one name you wanted. I wonder why they don't. You need to get something else now, not that it matters, Godaddy has never caught anything for me in 2 years.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Yes. It is quite common. Only thing is that Godaddy should show that its taken first before you cough out that $18 for that one name you wanted. I wonder why they don't. You need to get something else now, not that it matters, Godaddy has never caught anything for me in 2 years.

Same think happened to me a while back. Paid the $18.95 then found out the backorder was taken. I since found out that if you act like you are going to newly register the domain at godaddy, it will show you the backorder option if the backorder is avaialable. If taken, it won't. Try this before spending the money. I have gotten a few .us domains at godaddy reccently, probably because those at pool didn't want to spend $60 for it. Also, since namewinner and enom don't do .us yet.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to spend about 20 minutes every time a BO fails because somebody else has beaten me to the one available slot with FailDaddy.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy is not very good. I ended up with several backorders before I realized that. On the other hand, they do have there moments. I recently caught two good names, you just have to keep trying.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can always pre-check a backorder availability by using the regular domain checker at Go Daddy. If a back order is available; it will tell you. If it just shows the name as taken then the BO is already taken. You do have to select the extension. It only gives backorder info for the exact name (with extension) that you asked for so do select the extension that you are searching for in the drop box when you check.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The $ 18.95 back order is a constant credit you may use, if they don't catch a domain for you then you do not lose the money, it applies as a credit for another backorder until they get you one. GoDaddy has landed two for me in the last year.
:party:

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would a bulk backorder checker be usefull to you guys?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainut: I remember you gave us one of these a long time ago and I found it very useful at the time.

I don't work the same way now, but it might still be useful from time to time.

ccm

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've missed quite a few nice names using GoDaddy, but I like the transfer option, although I think most Domain Backorder companies do that now. 18.95 is a good deal, but is it really, if you don't get what you want?
who knows?
but, at other backorder co's I can't see paying 40.00 then having to bid on the name also, kinda fishy,,,

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
Domainut: I remember you gave us one of these a long time ago and I found it very useful at the time.

I don't work the same way now, but it might still be useful from time to time.

The tool is still active but only to members. I am awaiting a response from godaddy regarding the exclusive drops they are supposed to offer. This could be a key factor in determining weather to bring back the free tool.

TheDPQ

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but, at other backorder co's I can't see paying 40.00 then having to bid on the name also, kinda fishy
How does that work? I am looking to buy a expired domain, and i back ordered via GoDaddy. However this domain is with NetworkSolutions and reading about SnapNames it seems they hold onto it (for a while it seems) and if anyone backorders through them (60 bucks!!!) it goes onto auction....

Does that mean that places like GoDaddy have no chance in getting a domain if the back order was done through SnapNames as part of a NetworkSolutions domain?

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames recieves a list of all of the expiring domains from netsol, Directi, and Bulk. If there is a BO placed at snapnames for any of these names, the auction takes place at snapnames. If there is no BO at SN, then the name is released for anyone to grab.

TheDPQ

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domainut said:
Snapnames recieves a list of all of the expiring domains from netsol, Directi, and Bulk. If there is a BO placed at snapnames for any of these names, the auction takes place at snapnames. If there is no BO at SN, then the name is released for anyone to grab.

Thank you. So it looks like if a name is listed at SnapNames and you are really serious about getting it you need to go through SnapNames. Blerg.

nyspqr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had placed an order with Snapnames, Pool, & Godaddy. Godaddy grabbed it right up. Godaddy got me my name everytime so far....I think they are the way to go.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's the saying? One swallow doesn't make a summer?

Godaddy can catch names, but don't rely on them getting a very high percentage of contested names.

TheDPQ

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had placed an order with Snapnames, Pool, & Godaddy. Godaddy grabbed it right up. Godaddy got me my name everytime so far....I think they are the way to go.
The SAME domain and GoDaddy got it first?

What's the saying? One swallow doesn't make a summer?

Godaddy can catch names, but don't rely on them getting a very high percentage of contested names.
Well if someone claims that SnapNames get first pick before its 'public' then this would at least disprove that. SnapNames might still get it 'quicker' perhaps but thats a far cry from being the 'only' one who can get it before its public again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators