Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

news Godaddy ripping customers off with foreign exchange = beware!

newviewit

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just found this out and thought some of you might not know...

Godaddy is making some serious money overcharging on foreign exchange if you're getting billed in any currency other than $US.

Currently I'm getting billed in Canadian $ and godaddy's foreign exchange rates are horrible compared to what I would get if charged with the actual advertised $US rate.

For example:
.co = $37 Canadian but it shows $25 US

That's a foreign exchange of 1.48 Canadian to one $US which is insane! It should be at 1.29...

End result is for each $10US billed we're being charged $15 Canadian, when it should be $13.

I'm sure this is the same if you're from OZ, UK, NZ, etc.

Contacted my vip account rep and it's a known issue, and there's nothing that can be done.

But if enough of us threaten/or actually cancel our Godaddy accounts this might get fixed... please email your account reps if you are reading this as this is criminal and should be stopped asap.

I'm currently looking into another registrar. From what I can see Namesilo seems to be the cheapest....

What's your thoughts on this?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found this out as well and got the same response from CS. So now I just pay in US funds and get the PayPal rate.

-Matthew-

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Godaddy is Solid, it is not going to fold. ever . I pay Australian rates and that is $20.50 to renew a .com for 12 months. I don't mind paying a little extra for a service that is solid.

I also use NameBright.com and pay only $9 AU for .com.
CrazyDomains.com is only $13 AU. The point I'm making is spread your Business around and all of the little 'loyalty deals' make up for any perceived 'rip off'

Regards
matt

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're committed on one country more than others
. unless u have an overseas agent or broker to use

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom