Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Godaddy Vs. Moniker Support: Moniker Wins One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For years I have praised Godaddy support, and have complained about Moniker (and others).

However, for several months now I have seen a big decline in the quality of godaddy support, when you email [email protected]. Yes, they will answer the phone quickly, and 'answer' emails but the support staff now seem very under-trained. Clueless, basically. If I email directly to support, you get back a canned response saying to clear the browser cache, or some other nonsense; or they suggest sending in to the Suggestions depeartment. Well, I am not going to send a bug report in as a suggestion. I think godaddy must have expanded so much, the staff is simply weak. Another possibility is that godaddy is so focused on sales, that support of domainers is something they dont care about. Let me say, I have an excellent godaddy rep, and he helps me a lot. But he does not work in the bug department, where things get fixed.

Godaddy has made a lot of user interface changes and this has introduced a lot of new bugs. I even wrote to a VP at godaddy, begging for a direct email access to a senior support person but this was denied. I guess someone having 4,000 domains at godaddy means very little to them. The recent bugs have caused me to lose time, and lose efficiency. Which ironically means they would sell fewer domains but why would they worry about that!

Now, compare to Moniker. I recently started a bug report, and John M. who frequents these forums also was emailing me. Moniker took my report very seriously. I could not see one of my moniker domains forwarding. Thats odd. They really looked into it. Then I realized, it was all my moniker domains that were forwarded - I could not see any of them forwarding, they just timed out. But domains at other registrars worked fine; it felt so weird. Now Moniker could easily have told me to get lost, and blame my own computer somehow, but they kept digging, and they found out that Comcast had blocked one of their IP addresses. Just one. But this affected my domains. Its now fixed. Yeah! Now if Moniker had something like godaddy DTVS, that would be interesting.

Moniker, and John M., thank you for helping me, and for not giving up!

Kevin

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With Moniker, you can reply back to the same ticket number. GoDaddy keeps on creating new tickets each time you e-mail back and it's just annoying. Sometimes the support rep doesn't read the ticket and responds.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go.daddy is not a domainer friendly registrar. Domainers have specific needs and you don't manage a portfolio of 4000 domains like you would one single domain.
My problem with companies like Go.daddy is not the bugs, but the bloated and slow interface, the overall lack of usability.
The Ajax stuff and the upselling just frustrate me, where do I opt out ? There should be a fast mode for portfolio managers.
Everytime I win an auction I must log in to set the name servers. I should be able to specify default name servers and be done with it. This is basic functionality that the #1 registrar is still lacking. I think they are like Apple, not interested to know what customers think and want.

That's why I like Dynadot, no clutter, the interface is quite minimalistic, it gets the jobs done even though it's not perfect.

Unfortunately it's the design and the marketing decisions, it's not a 'bug' that the IT dept can easily fix.
With 4000 domains you could almost apply to become a registrar. Perhaps leasing a registrar like Myrebel would be an option in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom