• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed golden-globes.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gileyal

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Curious what you guys think about this domain - golden-globes.com.

I know its got a dash. I am pretty sure Golden Globes is a trademark but have not been able to verify this.

Do you think this has any value?

Thanks,
Gil
 
i was able to verify that golden globes is a registered trademark in about 5 seconds. google 'golden globes' and the first listing is for the hollywood foreign press association, which runs the globes. click on it and you'll see the little registration mark behind the term 'golden globe' multiple times on the first page. the hfpa can't be as fiercely protective of their trademark as the academy awards folks are (that would require a helluva lot of vigilance and work), but i'm sure they wouldn't take kindly to this. you might want to consider dropping it.
 
Thanks. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but looking here:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=ghc05g.1.1

The TM golden globes does not pop up. Maybe they are just claiming to have a TM?

Regardless, from what I understand, a trademark only applies to a certain field. So if I use the domain for a different field shouldn't I be ok?
 
Trying to sell globes made of gold? That is an extremely long shot but TMs only apply to usage (but that doesn't mean you're safe).

If you want an appraisal - reg fee due to TM issues.
 
Thanks. I guess I'll just let it drop / ask whoever owns the TM if they want it.

Thanks guys. If someone thinks it does have some value, please speak now:)
 
Last edited:
Thanks. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but looking here:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=ghc05g.1.1

yeah, that's the place to look. but for a famous term (like 'golden globes') that you pretty much know from the git-go has to be trademarked, i find it easier to just go to the website in question. the little registered trademark notation is enough to tamp down any desire to go ahead and register it anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom