Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed GoldenSound.com - please appraise

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eksperts

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just received not bad offer, but I think domain worth more, so I look for your, experts appraise. Domain name GoldenSound.com together with .net and .org.
What the domains is worth?

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

topgun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great name, Golden sounds of the 80's i am sure there is an album out with that name. I would say value wise about $250-$500.

Good Luck :-D

YoYo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GOOGLE:Results 1 - 10 of about 25,800,000 for Golden Sound.
Yahoo:Results 1 - 10 of about 38,700,000 for Golden Sound
Very nice
$xxx,good luck

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appraisal Report for Goldensound.com

Pros:

+ A very brandable name
+ Excellent keywords: "golden sound"
->48,500 results in Google, 63,000 in Yahoo
->It has an Overture of 192! It means that 192 searches for "golden sound" were made last month.
+ The domain also receives traffic from people trying go to www.goldensound.com.hk, a developed site.

Cons:

- The name is a bit long
- Only the .com extension is valuable.

----------

I would value this domain to be worth $300-$500 to a reseller. $800-$1,000 to an end user.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds like a recording studio.

$XX - $XXX

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Id say reg fee at the very highest.

If you want an honest appraisal then dont offer DNF$... Im sure if you took away the DNF$ incentive your appraisal values would go way down...

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edder said:
Appraisal Report for Goldensound.com

Pros:

+ A very brandable name
+ Excellent keywords: "golden sound"
->48,500 results in Google, 63,000 in Yahoo
->It has an Overture of 192! It means that 192 searches for "golden sound" were made last month.
+ The domain also receives traffic from people trying go to www.goldensound.com.hk, a developed site.

Cons:

- The name is a bit long
- Only the .com extension is valuable.

----------

I would value this domain to be worth $300-$500 to a reseller. $800-$1,000 to an end user.

Nice to see someone using Google Search Scores in a meaningful way!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The guy has received an end-user offer/inquiry. I don't understand the purpose of offering him so-called "reseller" numbers. At the end of the day all relatively meaningful generic names should have a minimum end-user price of 1k. Period. Remember end-users are those that, at least in theory, have meaningful purpose for the name (most for their marketing or eCommerce efforts, or both). As such this is always worth a few g's!! If somebody has a business called "Golden Sound" and can't afford few g's for .com name is either a sore looser, or someone who doesn't understand the simple marketing strategies of 21st century. Either way, it's their loss.

This is a vanity generic name highly appropriate for certain purposes in music-related industry.

Google returns a few businesses by that name (one of them being located on NYC's Broadway):

nysite.com/westside/b7/goldsnd.htm

goldensound.com.hk

sacramento.citysearch.com/profile/1234018/

yellowpages.superpages.com/profile~SRC_portals~T_Nashville~S_TN~PP_N~L_Nashville+TN~C_Car+Stereos+&+Radios+Retail~CID_520560~LID_pHkfBllw5+mrWXvDl4wxSA%3D%3D.htm

eyp.com.tw/yp/company/yp_feature.php?cust_id=NDAyNzcwMw%3D%3D

scottharlan.com/studio.htm

End-user price between 1,200-5,500 depending on the buyer's goals, your negotiating skills, and your need for money at this moment. Current realistic retail price anywhere between 1,500-3,300.

eksperts

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, people,
for your appraisals.

Just close my F$ offer.
Avalon426, Ashaw1387 are you sure appraisals still comings?

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get as much money as you can and sell. This is one of those names that if you let this buyer go away you might not see one ever again. In a situation such as this I'll reply to their offer with something along these lines.

Dear Offerer,

Thank you for your interest. Generally I would be glad to accept such an offer but in this case I have a bit of a personal interest in the name. I might be persuaded in the future to depart with it but at this time I'm going to have to decline.

The buyer responded back with another offer which I responded with. "Again, thanks for the generous offer but I'll need a bit more to be persuaded to sell."

With this you are stroking his ego by acknowledging his gracious offer, letting him know you are willing to negotiate and sell but you aren't giving him any price. If you set the asking you'll shoot yourself in the foot every time. If by chance he/she doesn't offer more you have still left yourself open to accepting.

The last time I used this it got me 5X the initial offer $xxxx on a three word .com. If I would have set a price and actually used what others would have told me to ask on these forums I would have asked for $xxx..

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks NameMogul.com... that was actually really helpfull!

Andrew Shaw

NameMogul.com said:
Get as much money as you can and sell. This is one of those names that if you let this buyer go away you might not see one ever again. In a situation such as this I'll reply to their offer with something along these lines.

Dear Offerer,

Thank you for your interest. Generally I would be glad to accept such an offer but in this case I have a bit of a personal interest in the name. I might be persuaded in the future to depart with it but at this time I'm going to have to decline.

The buyer responded back with another offer which I responded with. "Again, thanks for the generous offer but I'll need a bit more to be persuaded to sell."

With this you are stroking his ego by acknowledging his gracious offer, letting him know you are willing to negotiate and sell but you aren't giving him any price. If you set the asking you'll shoot yourself in the foot every time. If by chance he/she doesn't offer more you have still left yourself open to accepting.

The last time I used this it got me 5X the initial offer $xxxx on a three word .com. If I would have set a price and actually used what others would have told me to ask on these forums I would have asked for $xxx..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators