Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Good bye Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well since I posted this over at namepros
-------

So I'm not as big of a domain owner as I use to be, I use to have over 300 domains at Moniker and have sold many of those or let some expire. I feel that this is good business for Moniker as I have gotten them at least 20-30 new customers paying their full asking price.

Lately their site keeps loading slow or having issues as it is no longer hosted at RackSpace. Now all of their nameservers for dns hosting are all in the same location (it use to be distributed like enom). Their support is slow and doesn't seem to be very helpful. My account rep is a ghost and hasn't contacted me like I was promised.

Needless to say I have started pulling the last 55 domains I have with them over to other accounts at namecheap/dynadot.

Can anyone else recommend a registrar that actually cares about their customers?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, don't go to Godaddy

Most on here say Dynadot is pretty good

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, don't go to Godaddy

Most on here say Dynadot is pretty good

I'll stay away from godaddy for sure.....dynadot and namecheap have both been exceptional.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try Fabulous...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try Fabulous...

Doesn't look like their accounts are instantly created. You have to be "approved" to have a domain account with their special pricing.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I try to keep my money in the U.S. as much as possible....

Cool... "Buy American"... what ever happen to that slogan? Need to get back to that someday to lift this economy.

:yo:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with:

mydomain.com
dynadot.com
namecheap.com

Stay away from the obvious ones and especially itsyourdomain.com.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namecheap still has a synchronize button to sync your account after transferring away domains. Why don't they make it automatic?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namecheap.... What are the prices there???

I thought I saw an ad for really low pricing there.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I said goodbye to Moniker a while ago.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well since I posted this over at namepros
-------

So I'm not as big of a domain owner as I use to be, I use to have over 300 domains at Moniker and have sold many of those or let some expire. I feel that this is good business for Moniker as I have gotten them at least 20-30 new customers paying their full asking price.

Lately their site keeps loading slow or having issues as it is no longer hosted at RackSpace. Now all of their nameservers for dns hosting are all in the same location (it use to be distributed like enom). Their support is slow and doesn't seem to be very helpful. My account rep is a ghost and hasn't contacted me like I was promised.

Needless to say I have started pulling the last 55 domains I have with them over to other accounts at namecheap/dynadot.

Can anyone else recommend a registrar that actually cares about their customers?

I have tried many and I can say here and now, Fabulous.com beats them
all hands down. Best prices, best control panel for domainers,
best security etc etc etc etc etc

DG

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dynadot rocks!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is still my favorite registrar. This being said, I had lots of domains at NameCheap before making the move to Moniker. NameCheap has had a good customer support and prices looked fair to me.

Stay away from greedy GoDaddy.

Dynadot rocks!
Is that why you're selling your account there? ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Currently at eNom - transitioning to Fabulous :D

DonaldLyons

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker.com is in fact continuing to grow. We are in the process of hiring more customer support personnel as well as improving the systems and techniques to ensure client satisfaction. Yet we maintain our differences:

• Our security is the highest in the industry. We have never lost a domain name. We also have MaxLock available, in which you have to answer self designed questions to have access a domain.

• We provide easy and quick registration domains with a 500 quantity batch look up across 160 top TLD’s and IDN’s we have available.

• Our superior domain on-line tools let you change up to 5,000 domains at one time, such as DNS, contact information, privacy and so on. Our system is the fastest of any registrar.

• We provide and support an API interface so you can customize your work and applications to better meet your domain goals.

• We provide domain appraisals that are recognized by the IRS and used for basing loans by financial institutions.

• Standard support questions are answered with a phone call or using our Moniker Support Center Ticket System that tracks each inquiry and normally resolved within 24 hours.

• For larger accounts you have your own Sr. Account Executive to help you reach your domain objectives and to maximize all the resources we offer.

• Our low cost Domain Escrow service takes responsibility for the domain, which is held in escrow, as well as the funds for a truly safe transaction. We have never lost a domain.

• We will, on your behalf, with a full staff of personnel, represent you in the sale or the purchase of a domain - We also represent our sister company, SnapNames for the sale of domains which is selling about 1,000 domains per day.

We do appreciate your loyalty and business over the years. We are also here to address any specific issues to ensure your satisfaction.

Don Lyons – Senior Account Executive – [email protected] - 800.688.6311 X 3535

Victor Pitts – Vice President Sales & Client Services – [email protected] - 800.688.6311 X 3532

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators