Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Good bye Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If i posted my story or issues with Moniker...we would have to move this thread to the humor section... lol :pound:

:yo:

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fabulous hands down for any serious domainer.

For anyone on the fringe of getting accepted into their program...

Someone like Moniker, Enom, Namecheap or Dynadot may be a good second choice.

GoDaddy is okay if you always use codes - but there are some anomalies specific to GoDaddy that are negative that deter a lot of domainers from using them.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool... "Buy American"... what ever happen to that slogan? Need to get back to that someday to lift this economy.

Ah, yes. WalMart's old slogan.

That slogan died when Sam Walton died along with his business ethic.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If i posted my story or issues with Moniker...we would have to move this thread to the humor section... lol :pound:

Should I write a book?
I just tried to change whois (an email) and the domain got unlocked!
Go figure.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surprised to hear this.

I have tried all of the big registrars, and many of the smaller ones.

MONIKER is by far the best I have used. Their service, security, and pricing cannot be beat. Moniker is the #1 registrar of choice for me, and I have 99% of my domains there.

GoDaddy is a distant second place. They are OK.

Network Solutions sucks, eNom sucks, Tucows sucks, Dotster sucks --in my personal opinion. Fabulous is located in Australia.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree on GoDaddy, they just aint Domainer Friendly, and they have tried everything LEGAL to stop you from moving your domains.. they add in their own rule with regards to domain locking.. nothing short of an Email to the Presidents office gets things done quickly..

Moniker.. So So..

Enom.. Works well for me.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surprised to hear this.

I have tried all of the big registrars, and many of the smaller ones.

MONIKER is by far the best I have used. Their service, security, and pricing cannot be beat. Moniker is the #1 registrar of choice for me, and I have 99% of my domains there.

GoDaddy is a distant second place. They are OK.

Could you help the rest of us out and post the Moniker prices so we can see them.

Even if there is a Moniker rep on here feel free to jump in and show the pricing for Renewals and Transfers as well would be great!!! I have transferred out a lot of domains from Moniker...Monte emailed me twice and said lets work this out...I'm still waiting ...LOL and still transferring out.

Hal, glad its working out for you...It was good for me too until my Rep Lee Odom left. (not sure thinking it was health issues)

thanks,
Stewie

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could you help the rest of us out and post the Moniker prices so we can see them.

Even if there is a Moniker rep on here feel free to jump in and show the pricing for Renewals and Transfers as well would be great!!! I have transferred out a lot of domains from Moniker...Monte emailed me twice and said lets work this out...I'm still waiting ...LOL and still transferring out.

Hal, glad its working out for you...It was good for me too until my Rep Lee Odom left. (not sure thinking it was health issues)

thanks,
Stewie

Stewie

Please contact me directly. See sig for contact info.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namecheap has $5.99 transfer promotion + free whois guard. I'm thinking of trying it, but wondering if they provide free url forwarding? do they charge anything else on top of this price? I just need to redirect these domain to a parking page.

also, outside the promotion, what is the renewal price for com net org for "domainers"?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a real problem with any Registrar that pushes domains to auction as opposed to letting them expire at the registry.....

If your at one of these Registrars, you better protect yourself by making darn sure your contact info is accurate or you could wake one day to find out your Registrar confiscated your domain(s) and sold it at auction just so they can cash in.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesterday I loged in my account at moniker to check something and I saw that a 3 letter .com I own expired, for sure I renewed the domain but the point is that I never received an email from moniker allerting me, now the point is what will happen if I did not loged in at moniker to check something that has nothing to do with that domain?........... all the data as whois enail and so on are correct, no spam filter set up, MONIKER did not sent email alert for expiring domain.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not had the scary problems with Moniker that most in this thread seem to be having....I have only had issues with their privacy service...which it took a couple weeks to get resolve (as it seemed to be a complicated unique issue), but it did get resolved. Bari has been my account rep from day one and I can say she has always been responsive...I don't think I have waited longer than and hour for her to get back to me initially.

I only have a few names at Moniker and at one time considered moving my entire portfolio there...I am taking a wait and see approach to see if all these other issues get resolved.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesterday I loged in my account at moniker to check something and I saw that a 3 letter .com I own expired, for sure I renewed the domain but the point is that I never received an email from moniker allerting me, now the point is what will happen if I did not loged in at moniker to check something that has nothing to do with that domain?........... all the data as whois enail and so on are correct, no spam filter set up, MONIKER did not sent email alert for expiring domain.

Sheva

I'm sorry but I can't see how that's true. Moniker starts sending out auto renewal emails every Monday 75 days prior to the expiration.

Are you sure it didn't end up in your spam/junk folder? Please contact me directly for any assistance.

I have not had the scary problems with Moniker that most in this thread seem to be having....I have only had issues with their privacy service...which it took a couple weeks to get resolve (as it seemed to be a complicated unique issue), but it did get resolved. Bari has been my account rep from day one and I can say she has always been responsive...I don't think I have waited longer than and hour for her to get back to me initially.

I only have a few names at Moniker and at one time considered moving my entire portfolio there...I am taking a wait and see approach to see if all these other issues get resolved.

THANKS Onward! ;)

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always received email alerts for my expiring domains since I've become a Moniker client long ago. They send out the alerts well in advance and you get weekly updates. So there is lots of time to renew the domain. It is my understanding that all clients at Moniker automatically receive such notices from their system. Maybe the email got stuck somewhere in your spam folder?

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sheva

I'm sorry but I can't see how that's true. Moniker starts sending out auto renewal emails every Monday 75 days prior to the expiration.

Are you sure it didn't end up in your spam/junk folder? Please contact me directly for any assistance.

THANKS Onward! ;)

are you saying I'M inventing things? I'M sure didn't end up in my spam/junk folder, in fact after renewed the domain I get the email about renewal.

I've always received email alerts for my expiring domains since I've become a Moniker client long ago. They send out the alerts well in advance and you get weekly updates. So there is lots of time to renew the domain. It is my understanding that all clients at Moniker automatically receive such notices from their system. Maybe the email got stuck somewhere in your spam folder?

no, even if the mail was on spam folder I will know as I check the spam folder daily and delete permanentely one by one the emails.

the only other things that I can think is that I bought the domain here on the forum and pushed on my account and for some reason there is an error on the system because the whois data was checked by me very well, anyway I will not post if I was unsure 100%.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since there are a few mentions regarding Go Daddy, thought I would address mis-conceptions that we often hear or see.

Issue: Pricing
Fact: We continue to have VERY competitive rates for our domain investor customers.
Reason for confusion: Many domain investors do not realize that Go Daddy has an Executive Accounts Department to assist our domain investing customers. The account managers in this department will work with you to help you obtain the best pricing on transfers / renewals / and new registrations. If you are not speaking with someone in this group, it's possible that you are paying retail pricing vs. wholesale pricing. Keep in mind, we have a significant number of "Joe Plumbers" that need a web site / hosting / and email.

Issue: Service
Fact: Executive Accounts is available from 6AM to 11PM (US Mountain Time)
Reason for confusion: Many domain investors call our General Tech Support number and never experience the level of support that our Executive Accounts Team has been trained to provide. They're knowledgeable and have resources available to them to help get your questions or concerns addressed. Example: My domain has been locked due to a change on the whois information. In most cases, your assigned Account Manager can help you with this.

Issue: Security
Fact: We are just as secure if not more than the other accredited registrars.
Reason for confusion: When a domain is sold via a third party transaction with no involvement from Go Daddy, all we can do is provide the legal steps that one can take in order to get their domain back. We have seen several instances where a customer claims in a post that "Go Daddy lost their name", only to find out that they were scammed by a domain predator. Via our partnership with escrow.com, we have very cost effective options to help you ensure your domain transactions are safe. Please ask your Account Manager for details.

We continue to grow and strive for improvement. If you don't have an Account Manager, we encourage you to get one. Call the Executive Accounts group at (480) 505-8885 and let them know what your feedback is and how we can serve you better.

Regards,
Go Daddy

P.S. Thanks for the recommendations in this thread

how about starting first with a cleaner and fast loading site :-#:

ebya

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Run from namecheap!
Someone posted how great they were in this thread about 2 years ago.
I had seen many other posts in the forums years ago, which is why I used them. Then after spending at least a thousand dollars with them over a couple of years, there was a billing problem with a credit card. Namecheap was completely at fault. They triple billed me, allegedly by mistake, and then they tried to charge me $60 per chargeback after the bank charged them back without my authorization. I had just called the bank to see what these 3 sudden charges were, all for the same amount, and why there were overdraft fees.
Namecheap kept saying that I had ordered the chargeback, which I definitely had not!
They said the chargebacks could hurt their reputation. Boy, you can say that again!
Their accounting department wouldn't back down, even after I told them I was a great customer, had been one of their best promoters online (I didn't tell them this part, but I had more ebay auctions containing namecheap domains than anyone by far for 2 years running), and had been using them faithfully and recommending them to everyone, but if they kept accusing me of initiating these silly little chargebacks (which they flagrantly deserved by the way, even though I didn't ask the bank to do it, and even though I had every right to do so) I would dump them forever and spend my next thousand dollars elsewhere!
Which I did! (Because they insisted on charging me, despite being their best customer and promoter ever! I had helped them earn a name for themselves, and they repaid me by calling me a liar, and stole from me... twice if you think about it -once by basically committing credit card fraud by not telling me about the triple charge, and once by charging me for their mistake!)
I let all my domains there expire, just like I told them I would, and never bought from them again. I told them I would tell my story in the forums some day, which I am doing now.
Bottom line...
Buyer beware!
Namecheap sucks! And they don't care.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators