• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale good WhoIs sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2002
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
18
Can anybody recommend some good WhoIs websites? I already know about these==>

BetterWhoIs
JimTools
Verisign

Can you recommend any others for those of us who do alot of lookups?
 
just bookmark it ozone
....somtimes very handy...
 
here is a Internet Explorer trick that some people might be unaware of.

if you bookmark a very long URL like http://www.ratite.com/whois/whois.html, and rename the bookmark 123, then simply typing 123 into your browser window will take you to that URL.

I have my top 10 most visited sites set up in this manner. Typing the letter m takes me to msnbc.com. Typing cnn takes me to cnn.com. Typing a takes me to altavista.

that way, you dont have to mess around with the Favorites tab on the internet explorer page, which is inconvenient for your sites i use several times daily. Typing a b c or d into my browser is far quicker.
 
Originally posted by draqon
here is a Internet Explorer trick that some people might be unaware of.

if you bookmark a very long URL like http://www.ratite.com/whois/whois.html, and rename the bookmark 123, then simply typing 123 into your browser window will take you to that URL.

I have my top 10 most visited sites set up in this manner. Typing the letter m takes me to msnbc.com. Typing cnn takes me to cnn.com. Typing a takes me to altavista.

that way, you dont have to mess around with the Favorites tab on the internet explorer page, which is inconvenient for your sites i use several times daily. Typing a b c or d into my browser is far quicker.

I didn`t know that, thanks
 
Wow that is a good tip I will try it. I Have my core sites setup as one clicks on my browser and use abbreviations on there to squeeze them in.
 
Interesting suggestion.

Another way to do it is to make a simple text webpage of all your favorite/ most useful links, and then make that page your homepage. Then it's simply 2 clicks to anything you need..

Trying to remember which numbers correspond to which bookmarks, and typing *anything* into the browser, is still more difficult than 2 clicks.
 
This free program takes DotComCowboy's suggestion one step further: @Start
 
Depends on what you want to look up
 
Originally posted by draqon
here is a Internet Explorer trick that some people might be unaware of.

if you bookmark a very long URL like http://www.ratite.com/whois/whois.html, and rename the bookmark 123, then simply typing 123 into your browser window will take you to that URL.

I have my top 10 most visited sites set up in this manner. Typing the letter m takes me to msnbc.com. Typing cnn takes me to cnn.com. Typing a takes me to altavista.

that way, you dont have to mess around with the Favorites tab on the internet explorer page, which is inconvenient for your sites i use several times daily. Typing a b c or d into my browser is far quicker.

Thanks for the tip Draqon. Very useful.
 
I take always samspade.org
 
I found TRUEWHOIS the other week and it works great. I will have to say I like the link above mine too.

TRUEWHOIS
 
We offer "Who Is" search results, covering EVERY extension and country code globally... just one of the many free tools available for visitors or members, and it's free to join..
 
Some nice tips. Thanx guys!
Think
 
Good info.

Does anyone know a good whois server though? For direct whois access? Something like whois.networksolutions.com? Anyone?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom