Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

google Brand New Domain Names Released to the Internet - The Rush Begins ... - PR Leap (press release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plato1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really really dont think we should underestimate the Chinese. If you look at what they have done I think their system is part of the world wide web. Something is happening. A few ripples here and few ripples there. The future is changing. China and companies like dotworlds seem to be in there first. We should not underestimate this, especially as dotworlds are giving them away free.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
plato1 said:
I really really dont think we should underestimate the Chinese. If you look at what they have done I think their system is part of the world wide web. Something is happening. A few ripples here and few ripples there. The future is changing. China and companies like dotworlds seem to be in there first. We should not underestimate this, especially as dotworlds are giving them away free.

I don't think myself or any of my companions at IDNFs underestimate the Chinese. We have between us bought tens of thousand of Chinese Character domains. What I am telling you is that the Chinese have tried this because of ICANN intransigence, and they have set up what are effectively independent local networks for certain domains. The results have been far from satisfactory, which is why they are still pushing hard to get IDN into the ICANN Root, and are effectively in diplomacy with Microsoft to get IE 7.0 rolled out as quickly as possible. They understand the importance of a unified Root, even though separate roots for separate geographical areas are a realistic possibility. It might even be possible to have different internet channels for different functions, so that for instance you could have all the Sex and Gambling sites on different channels. What makes no sense at all is to have separate parallel channels covering the same diverse content and geography. That would make the internet akin to swimming through a bowl of spaghetti soup.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Q: Would you ever put your money, time and other resources developing a site using these "so called new domains"?

I won't.

Would you then tell people if you want to use my site, please download pluggin/spyware etc.?

I would NOT.

Thats why it is doomed to begin with.

plato1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think myself or any of my companions at IDNFs underestimate the Chinese. We have between us bought tens of thousand of Chinese Character domains..

may I ask, who from - just curious - please dont answer if this is personal info

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I regged live.anywhere and it was 'accepted' but I had no confirmation email. Wonder why?

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
plato1 said:
may I ask, who from - just curious - please dont answer if this is personal info

Well they are new regged at Domainsite.com and many have been traded at both IDNFs and DNF.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
heh, I reged one, downloaded the activeX, and went to a domain that the dns was not working yet on, and it loaded a dotworlds.org message

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.7j.cc/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.7j.cc
The dnsserver returned:

Timeout
This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:21:14 GMT by england.dotworlds.org (squid/2.5.STABLE7

J2L

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're all FREE TO REGISTER ! I feel like a domainer in the 80s and 90s must have felt. :lever:

* Just regged my name
* some typos --> .con overture with extension ,
* some keywords (buy.books, pay.day, payday.loan etc.)
* a few cities .hotel(s)

I've my doubts ... but it's free, so why not. Maybe dotworlds.net (the company) will be bought by a major company (like microsoft, google, yahoo) and these domains will take off and be worth something.

We shall see ...

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just regged

bondage.con
fetish.con
realty.con
cash.con
money.con
logo.design
logodesign.con

etc

Makes no sense of course but who knows..:)

jm525

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because people haven't (yet?) got the plug in

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

The majority of people who have IDNs have them registered at domainsite.com and dynadot.com. Beside that enom, tuscows, go daddy and moniker all register idns as well (there are others but these are the top 6).

Dynadot allows 4 day "tasting" for .20 return fee which is nice, especially for those dealing in foreign languages where its easy to make an error. Domainsite does not allow returns. Plenty of good tools and resources to use for researching idns at idntools.com; also up to date sales charts etc.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just reg

Business.hosting

What is the catch here?

I register

register.domains

Last edited:

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its the same stuff as a while bax with the .sex save your money guys

You know promoting Atheism in your sig is just as offensive as a Christian saying "Accept Jesus Christ as your savor or burn in Hell!"

This is NOT the time or place for that, this board is about domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators