Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

google.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

From my inbox this a.m (Ah, what were you saying??):

Dear Valued Go Daddy Customer,

This email is to notify you that some of your domain names are coming up for renewal in 15 days.

These domains were purchased for 1 year under a special provision of our registration agreement.

Thanks for proving my point yet again Izopod. I guess when you don't have any facts you try to slip another fib through the cracks.

Do you think that everyone here isn't already aware that GoDaddy ran a special marketing deal that allowed you to PAY one year at a time? That does not in anyway change the fact I stated that all .US began with 2-year registrations, including Juggle.us as the WhoIs record clearly shows:

Domain Name: JUGGLE.US
Created by Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Last Updated by Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Domain Registration Date: Mon Apr 29 12:54:22 GMT 2002
Domain Expiration Date: Wed Apr 28 23:59:59 GMT 2004

As I said, you are DNF's Master of Misinformation. Why not give it a rest - you aren't nearly as funny as Baghdad Bob (though you are just as believable).

Domain Summit 2024

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Ah, hate to break the news to you guys but a lot of people who are not from the US have dot US names. So like I said location as was discussed on the webmaster forum is becoming a problem with ccTLDs. If Icehole develops Imported.us, and I do a Google.us search does that mean Icehole site is "supposed" to be US based, or is.

well lets see Izopod,

Do you think
http://www.google.de/search?q=cars&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=de&btnG=Google-Suche&meta=lr=lang_de

those .DE sites are mainly german sites ? or US sites? :laugh:

The concept is extremely simple.. ccTLD for the most part represent EITHER a Company or individual from that country or a company doing business in that Country.

It's a very basic concept.....We have already spelled it out for you..if you cant grasp that concept there's nothing more we can do for you..

The search engines are ALREADY seperating that traffic using ccTLDs as one of the identifiers of origin, and have been for some time.

http://de.altavista.com/web/results?q=cars&kgs=1&kls=1&avkw=xytx

This is common knowledge, no big secret

http://uk.altavista.com/web/results?q=cars&kgs=1&kls=1&avkw=xytx

Hey how come all those english sites are using .UK ?

:laugh:

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look at the reg period you dumb ass. I registered Juggle.us (3) days after the land rush. Oh that's right you didn't start registering names until "After the fact".... Always late and wrong aren't you Duke...

I think apologies are in order (scroll down to the bottom). Once in for all I think everyone can see you can't form an argument.

P.S If you failed reading comprehension, I will do the translation for you: If you reg'd a name during the intial start up, AND kept a cc on file, they would automatically reg another year for you. Since I chose not to since I like to do it myself, they are not going to renew the name. THEREFORE, the name is going to expire soon 28-Apr-03.. They aren't going to renew till 28-Apr-04, no matter what WHOIS says.

http://registrar.godaddy.com/regAgreement.asp?isc=domrenpre

21. PROVISIONS SPECIFIC TO ONE-YEAR .BIZ, .INFO, and .US REGISTRATIONS

If You are registering a .info or .biz or .us domain name and You elect to take advantage of special pricing applicable to one-year registrations, Go Daddy will automatically renew Your domain for an additional one-year period at the end of the first year term by charging the credit card You have on file with Go Daddy unless You notify Go Daddy that You do not wish to renew. You will be notified and given the opportunity to accept or decline the one-year renewal prior to Your domain name expiration date. In the event You decide not to renew Your one-year .info or .biz or .us domain name for a second year, ownership of Your domain name will automatically revert back to Go Daddy and Go Daddy will gain full rights of ownership to such domain name.

You agree that if You delete or Transfer Your .info or .biz or .us domain name during the first year, you will automatically be charged the second year renewal fees.

Originally posted by Duke

Thanks for proving my point yet again Izopod. I guess when you don't have any facts you try to slip another fib through the cracks.

Do you think that everyone here isn't already aware that GoDaddy ran a special marketing deal that allowed you to PAY one year at a time? That does not in anyway change the fact I stated that all .US began with 2-year registrations, including Juggle.us as the WhoIs record clearly shows:

As I said, you are DNF's Master of Misinformation. Why not give it a rest - you aren't nearly as funny as Baghdad Bob (though you are just as believable).

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke ....most businesses reject .biz as an unprofessional slang term for business, akin to addressing the president as "prez"

That's correct Duke, It's the main reason I only reg'd 2 .biz names as it sounds like a non-professional non-businesslike slang term. Your example of the President called Prez is a perfect one.

Plus, even though you are a business you don't necessarily want to go overboard in your name telling every one you are a BIZ and acting perceived as being strictly a money making non-friendly business, especially since it's already apparent you are in fact a buisness by the words before the dot.

Not sure if that makes sense or not as it''s tough to put that into words.

P.S. I think biz is popular in Europe and other nations who don't really understand how Biz is perceived as being a low class type of slang term in the U.S. However, some names (but not that many) are OK with a biz ext such as posters.biz as Bid pointed out.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

. Your example of the President called Prez is a perfect one.

The example is not perfect unless you are comparing two like things.

There is no dot prez, so the argument is moot.

Just my opinion... or misinformation that is. :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the event You decide not to renew Your one-year .info or .biz or .us domain name for a second year, ownership of Your domain name will automatically revert back to Go Daddy and Go Daddy will gain full rights of ownership to such domain name.

Izopod you are becoming such an easy target I am starting to feel bad about continuing to slap you around. Read your own post again you dope. GoDaddy is telling you ownership REVERTS TO THEM if you don't pay for the second year. The name does NOT expire in 2003, they simply resell it in their used domain store or keep it until 2004 when it does expire.

Oh by the way, I'm not ALWAYS wrong. I did label you an ASS after all. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that makes sense or not as it''s tough to put that into words.

For most people, putting it in words isn't even necessary RN - it's simple common sense, something that is apparently in short supply in Izopud's neck of the woods.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some names (but not that many) are OK with a biz ext such as posters.biz as Bid pointed out.

I totally agree RN. .biz works with very informal "hip" enterprises like show business. I also think Mole is right about it having some real strength in the B2B space where both sides of the transaction know what they are there for - no need to keep up the "we're your friend" front often needed in the B2C world where other extensions work much better.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Izopod you are becoming such an easy target I am starting to feel bad about continuing to slap you around. Read your own post again you dope. GoDaddy is telling you ownership REVERTS TO THEM if you don't pay for the second year. The name does NOT expire in 2003, they simply resell it in their used domain store or keep it until 2004 when it does expire.

Oh by the way, I'm not ALWAYS wrong. I did label you an ASS after all. :)

God... You don't even read what you write... I'm proving you wrong, time and time again:

Since all .US had an initial two-year registration period it is obviously nowhere near renewal time
, but why let facts get in the way of yet another comment based on your ignorance? If you have a clue about .biz, I would suggest looking for another clue :)

I prove you wrong... So then you write:

As I said, you are DNF's Master of Misinformation. Why not give it a rest - you aren't nearly as funny as Baghdad Bob (though you are just as believable). [/B]

Thus contradicting your first statment---which was wrong. And to further embarass you, I posted everything for you to see:

Dear Valued Go Daddy Customer,

This email is to notify you that some of your domain names are coming up for renewal in 15 days.

These domains were purchased for 1 year under a special provision of our registration agreement. Please review the last section of the agreement for details.

Domain names NOT selected for auto renewal --
You have elected that the following domain names not be subject to auto renewal. This means that they WILL EXPIRE AND BE LOST if you do not log into the Go Daddy Domain Name Manager and take the action necessary to renew them by 28-Apr-03.

Names requiring you to log into our domain name manager to manually renew by 28-Apr-03:

JUGGLE.US

Expire...Reverts back to Godaddy.... You can't see the similiarities?? Obviously not, to someone who has just been obliterated, by someone who only speaks lies and misinformation...

:laugh:

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
google.us does go to a slightly different page from google.com... it has "English" in the logo. (I don't know why it doesn't have "USA" in the logo, analogously to how other country-code Googles have the country name there.) So far, the U.S. isn't listed in their page of country-specific Googles.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dtobias
google.us does go to a slightly different page from google.com... it has "English" in the logo. (I don't know why it doesn't have "USA" in the logo, analogously to how other country-code Googles have the country name there.) So far, the U.S. isn't listed in their page of country-specific Googles.

Shhh Dan (quiet)...

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
Izopod, you were in on day 3 and thats the best you could do was Juggle.US ? :laugh:

That speaks volumes itself ....

Given the fact you registered ConventionCenters.us and Archivers.us I actually feel pretty good!---lol

P.S It's tiring to watch you and duke struggle to form even a good comeback! This is entertainment folks. Forget the "Live Auctions" ---We've got, "Dumber, and Dumberer II" in the making.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:confused: - The Duke & Bid Show

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pod you are hilarious....really! You think you are a wit...and you are half right.

Your GoDaddy post shows exactly what I have been saying about you all along. You make one silly ass statement after another then, after getting your ass kicked, declare that you obliterated your opponent. It's like Jerry Quarry dragging his bruised, battered and bleeding carcas out of the ring and declaring "Did you see what I did to Ali!". Yeah Jerry, we saw you repeatedly hit him in the fist with your face.

Though it's funny, it is also ridiculous that you try to argue facts that are laid out in black and white in your own posts. You waste everyone's time arguing about semantics to try to cover your own tracks when you goof up. As I correctly stated, all .US regs were 2 years.

For someone who claims to know something about marketing, are you completely unaware that this was a marketing plan offered only by GoDaddy? If this is an example of your marketing sense, I wouldn't hold out much hope for Signature Marketing.

It is still a 2-year registration, just payable one year at a time. The name will not drop until 2004. It is all spelled out in the GoDaddy letter and the WhoIs so people can read what you said and what I said and it will be pretty easy for them to figure out who can read and who can't.

You already had extremely low credibilty, but tonight you have succeeded in completely obliterating any remaining vestiges you might have had. That being the case, no need for me to spend any more time pointing out the obvious.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pod you are hilarious....really! You think you are a wit...and you are half right.

Though it's funny, it is also ridiculous that you try to argue facts that are laid out in black and white in your own posts. You waste everyone's time arguing about semantics to try to cover your own tracks when you goof up. As I correctly stated, all .US regs were 2 years.

Again, as I've posted before, you said ALL names are no where near renewal time because of the two-year registration. Is that what you said, or isn't it? The clarification after the fact, "OH, well, there's Godaddy...blah..blah" doesn't work. Why because of what you said after that... (read below--highlighted)

After the fact is just your style. Calling people names is your style. I think it's utterly funny that you have a Domain Journal Site (now that I think about).

P.S I don't care if you believe what you wrote, but I'm sure everyone else is getting is getting a taste for "your style".

Here it is your first post on this subject

Since all .US had an initial two-year registration period it is obviously nowhere near renewal time, but why let facts get in the way of yet another comment based on your ignorance? If you have a clue about .biz, I would suggest looking for another clue :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My highlighted post is exactly right. "Since all .US had an initial two-year registration period it is obviously nowhere near renewel time". Juggle.us is nowhere near renewal time. You may decide not to pay for year two under GoDaddy's special payment plan (which would be a wise decision by the way) but GoDaddy then owns the name and it remains nowhere near renewal time. If DNF had a drawing utility I would make a picture for you as you are apparently having trouble with the words.

I do apologize for the name calling - I'm sure I have needlessly offended many halfwits by elevating you to their level.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And just for "historical" purposes Mr. Clinton, oh I mean Duke.

You responded to my comment:

One last thing, at least I've got a clue about .biz. What is your excuse about .us. It wouldn't be that renewal time is around the corner would it?

SO the 2 year renewal comment you made was in reference to my comments. Don't think were that stupid to believe you were talking about Names that expire (to the person) after the year is up, then reverts back to Godaddy until the registration period ran out.

btw: Do you think If I let the name Drop Juggle.us, Godaddy is going to sit on it??? Do you think someone "might" just register it for ever how long they want. The 28-Apr-04, date is nothing more than a "could be" date (IF I re-REGISTER)...

Have you had enough yet, or do you only have "jack ass", "Baghdad Bob" comments in your arsenal...

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pitiful--- TheDuke, is now reduced to: Duke the guy who lost to "Baghdad Bob"---:laugh:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I have had enough - it's time for me to hit the sack! With you in the thread, no need for jack ass "comments" though - you give us the real thing! I have really enjoyed your drivel tonight though. Normally (as in the past) I would have just ignored you, but with the auction down this thread helped fill the entertainment void :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators