Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

google.us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas
http://www.hotel.us

Great name and very nice site. Perfect match for .US, but then EVERY business aimed at the American market is a perfect match for .US.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
but then EVERY business aimed at the American market is a perfect match for .US.

Using your logic, then all businesses around the globe are a perfect match for .biz.

All information sites based around the globe are a perfect match for .info.

All this is true if it were a perfect world! :D

izopodian philosophy: All reasoning is circular by it's design. Therefore don't waste your time telling us something is good. Show .us!

I do think Hotel.us is a start! However JohnsTacklebait.us isn't.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.hotels.us[/url]

One thing: I don't think anyone thinks names like this aren't good. They are. What I've been trying to say is that just because "Hotels.us" is up and running will it automatically mean that "Busterminal.us" will be good.

I don't think the "dot com" versatility rubs off on any of the new names. Therefore one must be "choosy" when buying dot US names, or dot biz names for that matter.

[email protected]

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

One thing: I don't think anyone thinks names like this aren't good. They are. What I've been trying to say is that just because "Hotels.us" is up and running will it automatically mean that "Busterminal.us" will be good.

I don't think the "dot com" versatility rubs off on any of the new names. Therefore one must be "choosy" when buying dot US names, or dot biz names for that matter.

[email protected]

so busterminal.com is valuable because it has a com extension?

i guess my point is i see .US being developed i don;t see that with biz or info hotel.biz/info no site same with hotels.biz/info and they have been out over a year longer then US for the short 12 months out with US theres just more development in the extension.look at http://www.hotels.com and http://www.hotels.us people will look to other extensions to compare prices and sites the days when people just look at the com site are over.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Using your logic, then all businesses around the globe are a perfect match for .biz

In theory yes, in reality no because most businesses reject .biz as an unprofessional slang term for business, akin to addressing the president as "prez".

I do think Hotel.us is a start! However JohnsTacklebait.us isn't.

It's not? Who says? Looks and sounds 100 times better than JohnsTacklebait.biz if you ask me and I would guess a huge majority of any other sampling would say the same. Makes more sense as .US too because then the extension actually gives me some useful information - the location of the business. .biz tells me it is a business. You know what? I think I could have figured JohnsTacklebait was a business on my own. :)

It's obvious you like .biz. OK we figured that out - even if we haven't been able to find anything sensible in your increasingly hysterical rants against .US in the face of mounting evidence of its adoption. So far your arguments only demonstrate that you are clueless.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

so BusTerminal.com is valuable because it has a com extension?

Bid is that you? :laugh:

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

In theory yes, in reality no because most businesses reject .biz as an unprofessional slang term for business, akin to addressing the president as "prez".

It's not? Who says? Looks and sounds 100 times better than JohnsTacklebait.biz if you ask me and I would guess a huge majority of any other sampling would say the same. Makes more sense as .US too becuase then the extension actually gives me some useful information - the location of the business. .biz tells me it is a business. You know what? I think I could have figured JohnsTacklebait was a business on my own. :)

So Duke, you are saying .US represents location?! Umm you mean like .DE , like .Co.UK , Like .IT , ...Location..

You think Izopod will ever grasp that concept ? :laugh:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

I've pretty much given up on Izopod grasping ANY concept. :)

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can we stay on one thread im getting dizzy:)

i would think a prime biz name would be live but nothing at show.biz? or movies.info or entertainment.info? nothing at any of these and they've been out over two years?

just like people goto different grocery stores to compare prices and mind you they have to drive by car 10-20 minutes between stores so now people don't think they'll click in seconds a different extension to compare prices?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can we stay on one thread im getting dizzy:)

i would think a prime biz name would be live but nothing at show.biz? or movies.info or entertainment.info? nothing at any of these and they've been out over two years?

just like people goto different grocery stores to compare prices and mind you they have to drive by car 10-20 minutes between stores so now people don't think they'll click in seconds a different extension to compare prices?

Exactly, I had Posters.Biz ...perfect name for .BIZ .. where slang is appropriate and even "cool" sold for $1,400.00 and will probably double that in a couple more years...

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Really... Amazing how often I see the word "biz" through the course of a day. Turn on cable news some time. Read a magazine. Now contrast that with your silly comparison (reaching) of prez.

It's not? Who says? Looks and sounds 100 times better than JohnsTacklebait.biz if you ask me and I would guess a huge majority of any other sampling would say the same. Makes more sense as .US too becuase then the extension actually gives me some useful information - the location of the business.

When has this ever mattered to US residents where their web business is located? Since the web is "US Centric" most people do not care in the states. Will it matter to someone say in Virginia, that Algebra.us is located in South Dakota?? Come on. And what if JohnsTackleBait.us is located in Virginia. People will only find out whether he is in "Driving Distance" by going to the contact page.

.biz tells me it is a business. You know what? I think I could have figured JohnsTacklebait was a business on my own. :)

Ah...again, using your logic above... JohnsTackleBait.us will be located ONLY in the US. Kind of like Icehole's Imported.us site being a US only site, right? (Nice name btw). This is where things get muddy with Google. It really is a problem for them, if they are using ccTLD's as a geographical point on the online map. Or you don't see it??

btw: [email protected] isn't all that bad, wouldn't you say? as opposed to [email protected] :D

It's obvious you like .biz. OK we figured that out - even if we haven't been able to find anything sensible in your increasingly hysterical rants against .US in the face of mounting evidence of its adoption. So far you arguments only demonstrate that you are clueless.

Ah, the "You don't know Jack" comments. They actually are a blessing. It usually means the end of your point.

I try to give people who live outside the US a sense for what is happening inside the US. Much like Yesonline did for those buying dot cn names. I'm actually suprised you've taken such a strong stance towards US given the fact you run a Domain Name "Journal" site. Where is your credibility?? Trust me, it's seen as very "hype-sh" if you want to know the honest to god truth. You can write, that is a fact, but giving your readers the whole story, is well... not going to happen.

What I've been trying to say this whole time is to keep everything in perspective. I don't think it's the TLDs, but rather the "name" that will count in the end... as far as "non-com" alternatives. Each name will "make sense". Olympic.us is a prime example... Hotels.us (duh!---why not??) Protection.biz (nice!) HealthCare.info (perfect)---- Twoletterword.us (depends)--- RealEstateGuide.biz (o.k--not great though)... Are you getting a sense for how all this will play out Duke??

One last thing, at least I've got a clue about .biz. What is your excuse about .us. It wouldn't be that renewal time is around the corner would it?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Exactly, I had Posters.Biz ...perfect name for .BIZ .. where slang is appropriate and even "cool"

Aren't all the gTLD endings shortned "abbreviations". Or am I the only one here that picked up on that??

mil= military
net=network
org=organization
.biz=business
.info=information
.com=commerical

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Turn on cable news some time. Read a magazine.

Don't patronize me you Ass. I have cable news on all day, I subscribe to 30 magazines. However I do not refer to myself in the third person as you often do. That weird quirk demonstrates an elevated opinion of yourself that no one else seems to share.

using your logic above... JohnsTackleBait.us will be located ONLY in the US. Kind of like Icehole's Imported.us site being a US only site, right? (Nice name btw). This is where things get muddy with Google. It really is a problem for them, if they are using ccTLD's as a geographical point on the online map. Or you don't see it??]

Actually, since this entire paragraph makes no sense whatsoever, no I don't see it. If you were trying to make some sort of point, please try again - perhaps making sense this time.

btw: [email protected] isn't all that bad, wouldn't you say? as opposed to [email protected] :D

No I wouldn't say....and why would anyone use state.fl as the addressee at that email address? Again if this is supposed to be a point of some kind, it would be nice if you could express it in some way that made sense. If you wish to compare apples to apples then I would say that [email protected] looks and sounds much better than [email protected].

Ah, the "You don't know Jack" comments. They actually are a blessing. It usually means the end of your point.

It wasn't the end of my point. It WAS my point. A fairly clear one at that I would think.

I try to give people who live outside the US a sense for what is happening inside the US.

Exactly my point. You trying to give people a sense of what is happening in the US is like Baghdad Bob giving people a sense of what is happening in Iraq. What possesses you to think that you speak for the US? You don't even speak for people on this forum in one little corner of the internet - as many of us are pointing out. Your delusions of grandeur that the world is listening to you are comical.

I'm actually suprised you've taken such a strong stance towards US given the fact you run a Domain Name "Journal" site. Where is your credibility??

I also take a strong stance toward .com and .org, two other big favorites of mine. Didn't know that being the owner of a publication meant I couldn't voice my own opinions or choose to buy the domains I prefer. You are certainly entitled to be a media critic, but I would submit that your qualifications to do so are about as solid as your qualifications to be the world voice of what is happening in the US.

Are you getting a sense for how all this will play out Duke??

Actually I have had a sense of how this will play out for quite some time. And I suspect that you do too, otherwise you wouldn't take every possible opportunity to knock .US which you obviously feel is threatening adoption of your favored .biz extension. I have no why idea why you are so paranoid about it. Nothing you say, or I say, is going to change the choice the market will make.

One last thing, at least I've got a clue about .biz. What is your excuse about .us. It wouldn't be that renewal time is around the corner would it?

Since all .US had an initial two-year registration period it is obviously nowhere near renewal time, but why let facts get in the way of yet another comment based on your ignorance? If you have a clue about .biz, I would suggest looking for another clue :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People... Just read what I've said, and what Duke/Bid are saying. I'll leave it at that. At least I tried to buttress my posts with link information, inciteful analogies, etc. On the otherhand, all you've said was that I'm wrong. Prove it.

I never said top tier US names didn't have a market. I've always been consistent on saying there probably wouldn't be a huge market for 2nd tier Dot US names. You guys on the otherhand, are trying to make it appear we are somehow near to a "tipping" point with dot US.

I did find the two posts above where you and bid were tag-teaming extremely funny:

So Duke, you are saying .US represents location?! Umm you mean like .DE , like .Co.UK , Like .IT , ...Location..

I've pretty much given up on Izopod grasping ANY concept. :)

Ah, hate to break the news to you guys but a lot of people who are not from the US have dot US names. So like I said location as was discussed on the webmaster forum is becoming a problem with ccTLDs. If Icehole develops Imported.us, and I do a Google.us search does that mean Icehole site is "supposed" to be US based, or is.

Here is another funny thought. Next month's article on "DNJournal.com"

"Izopod exposed... A filthy liar, whose never provided anyone with anything believable. There are all lies"....

Commentary by the "US brothers"-- Duke/Bid

TO NAMEPOPPER/GD: I'm done with trying to provide legitimate commentary so don't worry 'bout jumping in.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Since all .US had an initial two-year registration period it is obviously nowhere near renewal time, but why let facts get in the way of yet another comment based on your ignorance? If you have a clue about .biz, I would suggest looking for another clue :)

From my inbox this a.m (Ah, what were you saying??):

Dear Valued Go Daddy Customer,

This email is to notify you that some of your domain names are coming up for renewal in 15 days.

These domains were purchased for 1 year under a special provision of our registration agreement. Please review the last section of the agreement for details.

Domain names NOT selected for auto renewal --
You have elected that the following domain names not be subject to auto renewal. This means that they WILL EXPIRE AND BE LOST if you do not log into the Go Daddy Domain Name Manager and take the action necessary to renew them by 28-Apr-03.

Names requiring you to log into our domain name manager to manually renew by 28-Apr-03:

JUGGLE.US

Don't want to Renew?
No problem. If you don't want to renew some or all of the above names, click here, to log into the Go Daddy Domain Name manager and designate those names not to auto renew. That way they will simply expire and not be renewed.

Thanks for choosing Go Daddy for your domain name registration needs.

Sincerely,

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

edit: I think I've said all there is to say. I must admit Duke and Bid did have you going there for awhile! ;)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all you've said was that I'm wrong. Prove it.

This is obviously a dopey statement. Why don't you prove I'm wrong about .US? Perhaps because that is impossible? How do you prove something that hasn't happened yet? Only time will prove who is right. My big problem with you is that you are pretending to have facts about .biz that do not exist...And you try to deflect attention from your weak arguments with nothing more than criticism of a competing TLD.

Here is another funny thought. Next month's article on "DNJournal.com"

"Izopod exposed.

I'm afraid you will be in for a long wait for such an article. You again reveal a grossly inflated opinion of your own importance. A prerequisite for any story would be that it be on an interesting topic - so your idea will remain just that "another funny thought".

TO NAMEPOPPER/GD: I'm done with trying to provide legitimate commentary so don't worry 'bout jumping in.

I really don't think they were worried. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators