• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed googleadservice.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$0 - the C&D is probably being drawn up as we speak , you can't park it anywhere either , as all google typos and TM's are not allowed.
 
Same here. $0. You'll definitely get a C&D. The risk isn't worth it.
 
dwrunyon said:
Maybe Google will buy it from you! You could take the humble route an tell them you had no idea what you were getting into and tell them you'd be glad to let them have it for nothing (since it's useless to you) but would they be so kind as to give you a little money for it. They MIGHT just feel generous and give you some decent coin. Wouldnt hurt to try.
First, you don't "tell" the 800 pound gorilla (Google) anything, and second, it could hurt to try. :brick:
 
dwrunyon said:
Maybe Google will buy it from you! You could take the humble route an tell them you had no idea what you were getting into and tell them you'd be glad to let them have it for nothing (since it's useless to you) but would they be so kind as to give you a little money for it. They MIGHT just feel generous and give you some decent coin. Wouldnt hurt to try.

I sincerely hope you never give legal advice again...

Yes, it might hurt very badly to try. You wasted $8 on a bad domain, don't risk thousands in a lawsuit to attempt to make a few bucks back.
 
entirenic said:
What is the meaning C&D?
C&D means "Cease and Desist" -- like a first warning before the big guns come out. In the case of Google, my opinion is; despite another's here -- drop it real fast.
 
dwrunyon said:
That's not legal advice, that's saying be human, contact them WITHOUT them contacting him and just be honest, see where it gets him. You may be surprised just how reasonable the Google people can be when you contact them with the right vibe and attitude.

After all, it reads "go ogle ad service", doesn't it? But I definitely don't give legal advice either ;-)
 
It's a dog. Why don't you listen to advice here?
 
I'll give you $200 for it !

PM me if your good to go!
 
Google: Easy access to .com zone files.

grep -i google com.zone >lawsuit
 
I love it.. and I would love to be sitting in the docks at this court case..

I would appraise it at -$10,000
 
i would say it would be another "easy" case.. you lose
 
Hmmm,

everyone is scared of tms. Lets be realistic, there are proabably thousands of names with google in it. It is impossible to stop all use of every name out there, but this name in paticular spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E. I own a name with google in it, but it is the name of an 15 page article about google I published. I own the copyright to the article I wrote, including the name. I had a site and forum on it, I had many hits, then my site was hit with denial of service on the forum pages. So I took it down rather than risk any action. I highly doubt you have similar circumstances. Get rid of the name, thats what I would do. If you have ads on it you will get in T-R-O-U-B-L-E. Companies are more inclined to sue you if you diseminate their name with competeing companies ads on it. Delete it and next month it will be gone, you cannot do anything with this name.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom