Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

intro Greetings, My Name Is Retodd.

This thread is a member's introductory post on DNForum.com.

Retoddesq

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to the forum; My name, legally designated as "Todd" by my non-creative parents back in the 70's, is nowadays more often displayed online as one of the following quasi pseudo-names: Retoddesq; Retodd esq; Retoddious, Retoddiously, or any of the other variations you may see from time to time along the Retodded spectrum.

The boring stuff: I'm 38 years old. I am a manchild. I reside in San Diego, CA but am originally from Western, NY; Rochester and then Buffalo to be exact. I am a father of a 9-year old son. His mother is a sociopath. I am a licensed California attorney, have been for 10 years, and there's nothing more I hate than being a lawyer. The only reason I continue being a lawyer is so I can sound cool when I say "I'm a lawyer" when asked what I do. That being said, I'm actually quite a good lawyer, but it's not exactly a fulfilling career. I want to get more serious as a domain investor and as such, here I am.

I started seriously thinking about domain investing about a year ago and over the following 12 months I purchased too many domain names and now have many bad names among my portfolio. However, as I am also a quick learner, I have learned a lot over the course of a year and think I have some pretty decent domains now as well. Now I have decided to turn up my participation in the domaining world a few notches and get a little crazy. I'm here to learn and I also want to figure out how to develop websites myself because I think I'd be brilliant at it...if only I had a brain.

I'me here to learn. I really would like to learn how to develop websites so that I can develop some of my domains, both to keep and maintain but also to build up value for resale. I've sold a few of my domains so far, but after paying the costs of selling them, there hasn't been much (or any) in the way of profit thus far. That being said, I think i have a few domains in my portfolio of now about 300, that I could make the entire past year profitable notwithstanding 90% of my domains likely being worth poop.

You will come to learn, assuming my involvement here grows, that I tend to write a lot. My posts are often extremely long yet don't really say anything remotely necessitating such long posts. The reason for this is because I love to write and I love to hear myself talk, and, I have a problem with redundancy. I really need my own personal editor to follow me around and cut out all the redundant nonsense because I think my biggest issue is by the time I say something profound, and I do say many profound things, people have already stopped reading.

On that note, I am going to stop writing now, I introduced myself and then I said some other stuff about me and as I am quite aware, most people will not have read this far to care what I say at this juncture. So, I hope to have some nice conversations with some of you. Please don't take my pseudo-immaturity at face value because it's not exactly as it seems. Try to find the humor because without it, you may not like me.

Retoddiously, I am.

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Oscar worthy introduction. :D Welcome to DNForum. John cracks sexist jokes often, but we love him for it.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF :)

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
welcome and good luck todd. liked your introduction as well. what type of law do you practice in san diego?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators