• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed gymnasium.mobi .... had some offers on sedo

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
9,128
Reaction score
176
Hi Guys,
had some offers on Sedo. Lowballs.
What's it worth? & should i send to sedo auction.
For me the appeal is a good generic word that can be used as a directory site or an enduser wnating the keyword.
What's yo thought on value & the min. you'd risk sending it to auction on, plus what it might get.
Thanks,
Pred :)

gymnasium.mobi
 
I'd take less no less than x,xxx for it. In the future it could be worth xx,xxx.
 
what kind of offer range have u gotten predator? just wanted to know :)
 
rawkinrich - my appraisal is based on the assumption that gymnasium.com is worth a minimum of xx,xxx.

I would say it may or may not reach the same as the low price of the .com, so I say that is my maximum the .mobi could be worth in the future.

For my minimun, many .mobis have gone for x,xxx recently. Its one word, and could be used by a wide variety of businesses, from training groups to gym memberships. Even the .info would be worth x,xxx.
 
I'd take less no less than x,xxx for it. In the future it could be worth xx,xxx.

or xxx

I would send it to auction for $750 hoping for more
 
rawkinrich - my appraisal is based on the assumption that gymnasium.com is worth a minimum of xx,xxx.

I would say it may or may not reach the same as the low price of the .com, so I say that is my maximum the .mobi could be worth in the future.

For my minimun, many .mobis have gone for x,xxx recently. Its one word, and could be used by a wide variety of businesses, from training groups to gym memberships. Even the .info would be worth x,xxx.


Fair enough. IMO very low x,xxx at the very most. I thought .mobi was targetted for mobile users, in which this generic may be great for the .com (what generic isn't) but not all that for .mobi.
 
rawkinrich - my appraisal is based on the assumption that gymnasium.com is worth a minimum of xx,xxx.

I think you are overpricing it a little...I know I am critical about mobis, and although some have sold for amounts they will never sell again in my opinion because its a useless superhyped domain, I think a fair value is low $xxx, but that doesnt mean I couldnt sell at auction for $$$$, remember..yahoo stock was at $250 as well at one point
 
thanks for your thoughts chaps.
more are welcome. don't think i will send to auction. would rather get a fairer offer. offers so far mid $xxx which i feel very low
my own thoughts are low $x,xxx
i'll hang onto i think
cheers
Pred
 
I think you should look for German translation here, Gymnasium means something like high school. Definitaly worth + low $x,xxx
 
it means highschool,..but as you saw for sieben.mobi..the german meaning doesnt increase the value really
 
I think you should look for German translation here, Gymnasium means something like high school. Definitaly worth + low $x,xxx

Thanks dude. Didn't know that. Fingers crossed. It's at sedo auction now. NO RESERVE
Pred
 
Nice name Pred you sly dog! Good luck with the auction! Should reach at least $xxxx IMHO
 
I would send it to auction if I had a high xxx offer. I would be really interested to find out what the market would bear. The risk being selling a name for under xxxx when in 3 years you may get xx,xxx.

If you get a 10x what you paid for it either way you look at it...there would really be no shame to test the market with an open auction...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom