Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

other Hello from Bido.com

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's always great with new domain auction sites. If Bido can expose their auctions better than Sedo does, it'll definitely be a hit!

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome! We hope to bring a lot of great names and a lot of exposure to the domain industry.

Thanks again!

Sean

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are the big boys like NameAdmin, Vaxis and others buying from the site?

I'm trying to find more info how the auction process works, is that available inside?

Thanks

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are the big boys like NameAdmin, Vaxis and others buying from the site?

I'm trying to find more info how the auction process works, is that available inside?

Thanks

Hi!

Good question. I would love to say who is using our system, but out of respect for our members and privacy concerns, I cannot comment on that.

Once you login and get a feel for the auction, it is pretty easy to figure out. However, to put things into more detail, we are releasing the FAQ's this week.

Thanks!

Sean

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL. I think you have fixed your email system. I just got my registration email and outbid emails after days I registered and placed my bids. :p

Just another FYI. You might want to get rid of those junk text at the beginning of the message from imail8 mxGuard. Another thing is that imail8/mxGuard isn't a safe email application. There are a lot of problems and people can hack it easily to send junk mails from your server.

Kawing

Last edited:

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL. I think you have fixed your email system. I just got my registration email and outbid emails after days I registered and placed my bids. :p

Just another FYI. You might want to get rid of those junk text at the beginning of the message from imail8 mxGuard. Another thing is that imail8/mxGuard isn't a safe email application. There are a lot of problems and people can hack it easily to send junk mails from your server.

Kawing

Yep!! Sorry about that! The email system is indeed fixed now. I really apologize those came all at once, but moving forward they should be a-ok.

Thankfully, all of the hiccups so far have been very minor. I hope you did not mind those. It shouldn't happen again since we have got it sorted.

And regarding the email text, we will be editing those as well.

Thanks Kawing!

Regards,

Sean

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why one domain per day?, why not 1 domain every hour or 10 minutes? Seems like a lot of wasted time, Time where more money can be made.

I like the expert commentary BTW.

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Raider,

Thanks for posting! Right now it is only 1 hour per day because we are at a starting point, not an end point. We have more ideas that we are going to introduce over time, but we want to get a baseline first.

The experts commentary is pretty neat, kind of like the stock analysts you see on TV. That is what we were going for. I think it is starting out quite well.

Thank you again!!

Regards,

Sean

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love the idea about 1 domain a day. Basically because IMO a domain name auction does not need to last longer than 24 hours. Look at the Sedo/AfterNIC auctions, no serious bids are coming in until the last 24 hours of the auction and the 7-day period only makes potential buyers wait until there are only a few hours left and maybe even forget about the auction. I think that the concept of "1 domain a day" will work out just fine, as long as the word of Bido gets spread around and that each and every domain auctioned will get it's portion of promotion.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not great names being auctioned imo
havent seen anything yet i'd be remotely interested in bidding on

on a plus point love design of site

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. We want to provide something new to the industry that will help all of us while being innovative, yet simple.

Also, we are still accepting expert applications. We allow links in profiles back to websites/blogs/etc.

Predator -- Hopefully something will come up soon that catches your eye.

I want to get some ccTLD's in there soon. We also have a .net coming up shortly.

Thanks!

Sean

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF, Sean! Registered and bookmarked Bido.com.

P.S. Very nice design BTW!

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, DNP! I really appreciate the welcome.

The design I like as well. Our designer, Eric Radtke, is responsible for that. He is a very talented individual.

As for my design skills, they are limited to a crayon and a peice of paper......

Thanks!

Sean

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay you sweet talked me Sean :blush: :smilewinkgrin:

I've joined, also submitted some puppies :cool:

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay you sweet talked me Sean :blush: :smilewinkgrin:

I've joined, also submitted some puppies :cool:

Excellent! Keep in mind, we are looking for feedback as well as experts.

Right now we are so new that just about anything is up for change. The more people we have involved, the better I think this will be for the domain industry as a whole.

I'm glad you joined! Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Regards!

Sean

NextClick

Names *****istrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-----

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom