Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Help! siggy pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

nam2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having a tool produced for my domainers directory that will allow visitors to produce the ever popular siggy pic to advertise your domains or sites.

the question is, what is the best size? Ive seen quite a few on here but they do vary in size, too big and they look unsightly and are distracting in a thread and too small and you cant see them properly

I would appreciate your feedback, also is there a specific name for them or is it just signature pic?

thanks

Chris

Domain Summit 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its an option that Exclusive members can add. Other than moderators/admin's which I have seen larger images, the max is "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 60 pixels or 20.0 KB (whichever is smaller). "

C

Chuck

Hi guys, I'm having a tool produced for my domainers directory that will allow visitors to produce the ever popular siggy pic to advertise your domains or sites.

the question is, what is the best size? Ive seen quite a few on here but they do vary in size, too big and they look unsightly and are distracting in a thread and too small and you cant see them properly

I would appreciate your feedback, also is there a specific name for them or is it just signature pic?

thanks

Chris

Chris,

I wouldn't go much larger than the size we use here. As you say, anything bigger really takes away from the post and can be distracting for users. You may even want to go slightly smaller than the 200 x 60.

Just my .02 :)

Chuck

nam2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks jdk, i never thought to look at the rules :rolleyes:

I suppose domainers would prefer the bigger the better, but to be honest personally i don't like big banners in signatures, i find them distracting, and from the forums point of view full size banners can distract from the paid advertisers ads.

Ive seen some really good ones on here and a few times i have thought of doing one but never get round to it, just thought that a quality tool that makes it quick and easy would be useful

there will be plenty of backgrounds and clip art to choose from so the results should be quite good.

I think 200x60 is good and obviously the powers that be are fine with that, I was going to go for 200x40 but that may be too small.

I wouldn't go much larger than the size we use here. As you say, anything bigger really takes away from the post and can be distracting for users. You may even want to go slightly smaller than the 200 x 60.

Just my .02 :)

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, what do you think of 200x40? too small? or maybe 200x50 would be better

C

Chuck

Give all three sizes a try and see what you like best. I think any of them are fine, just wouldn't want to see anything larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators