Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Hiding Whois record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Originally posted by mole
If you mean masking your whois from the public to prevent abuse or fraudulent use of personal records by unscrupulous marketeers mining the whois, I do believe you can use eNom for that in the - so long as the records the registrar has of you is accurate.

Can you explain this mole?….I wasn’t aware that www.eNom.com offered a complete mask of WHOIS information like www.domainsbyproxy.com

:confused:

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From the domainsbyproxy.com site:

Your domain is registered in our name, which means Domains By Proxy takes ownership of it.

I dunno, but I just don't think I'd be comfortable with that.

I understand the concern, who wouldn't be concerned.

Per their reg agreement:

2. FULL BENEFITS OF OWNERSHIP RETAINED BY YOU

Although DBP will be the Registrant and legal owner of each domain name You designate, You will retain the full benefits of ownership with respect to each such domain name, including:

· The right to sell, transfer or assign each domain name

· The right to control the use of each domain name, including designating the primary and secondary domain name servers to which each domain name points

· The right to cancel each domain name

· The right to cancel Your account with DBP and revert legal ownership back to You so that You are the Registrant

· The right to renew each domain name upon its expiration, provided, however, that renewal will only be granted to private domain names which are in good standing at the time of renewal

· The right to initially resolve any and all monetary, creditor or other claims that arise in connection with a legal or other dispute involving DBP’s ownership of Your domain name.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is best to own your own domains no matter what. Many companies spontaneously go out of business, file chapter 11, or what have you. Someone seeking to simply hide their identity would do well to VERY SIMPLY create a company and register all domains under that company's name. Most everyone I know does this.

Even better, sign your company up for eFax, and use the number for contacts. It's an anonymous voice mailbox nice and simple. Address? Mailboxs Etc, or any number of other private mailbox's to be had. Signing important domains over to another company seems an extreme way of doing something very simple... such as protecting or obscuring your identity.

I'm pretty sure I understand the concept presented by a company like this, but most rationale given by them are going to be mostly bias, working off of ones insecurities.

My two cents,
~Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom