Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise hindinews.org, dutchhouse.org, cashbag.org

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

leronich

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello again

What about .org?
Do these .orgs cost anything?

hindinews.org,
dutchhouse.org,
cashbag.org
easydrop.org,
goodhair.org,
bookbinders.org,
childgames.org,
speedcams.org

Thanks in anvance!

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

leronich

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you!

Yes, I read that article, but... It seemed to me that those domains comply with those principles more or less... The more so when I see that the domains which seems for me totally unsellable like flashsale.com or vowtobechic.com or shadowsfall.com are being sold for the x.xxx or even xx.xxx sums. So I feel myself quite confused - why is it happening? Can you explain why those vowtobechic.com (4,800 USD 2019-06-26 GoDaddy) or shadowsfall.com (1,508 USD 2019-06-26 GoDaddy) are valued? Or that is just a lottery in this case?

Reaction score
There will always be outlier sales where there is a (strangely) motivated buyer. With something as unique as domains (there are no 2 the same) you cannot realistically set a method for evaluation. This is why paid appraisals are worthless. However there are *types* of domains that are more likely to sell. We go for these.
Of course the type of domain is not the only factor. If a group of people had exactly the same domain and there was a potential buyer, some would get no sale, some would get a good sale, and some would get an excellent sale. All domain sales fall into the same category. How much is the domain worth to me? A seller has their idea and a buyer has theirs. The point at which both ideas intersect is the sales price. I personally like domains that have 3 or more potential buyers or have mass appeal for various reasons. If you have to rely on one potential client or a 'lottery' sale then it's not going to be a long successful business.

Taking your example above vowtobechic.com is an awful domain. 'Vow to be chic'. Who says that? Why would I prefer that over 'Promise to be chic' or 'Vow to be suave' etc What is it about that domain that commands a premium price? So if you were investing in those types of domains you could spend all your money very quickly on domains equally as poor that will never sell.
FlashSale immediately tells me what it could be used for, what I would be likely to find there, and is way better. I could see a route to development, potential monetisation ideas, etc That doesn't mean I want it just that there are going to be more people that do than the terrible one I mentioned above.

I say it many many times and it is an important lesson for everyone in the market. 'Asking price is NO indication of the value of a domain'. I can ask a million for my house - it's not worth that. It doesn't mean my house is worth a million because I said it was. Look at sales, not asking prices.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
flashsale.com or vowtobechic.com or shadowsfall.com are being sold for the x.xxx or even xx.xxx sums.

Hi

this is problem with just "looking at" past sales and trying to figure out why it sold for x amount.
for one, before you figure, and if you're inquisitive, then do some research beyond sales prices.
then maybe you'll get a better idea of why someone would buy such names.

vowtobechic.com was former website, that rented bridesmaids and other bridal attire
shadowsfall.com was a metalcore band
flashsale.com was first regged in 2001 and briefly had Chinese site, then parked for years

you got to put in work, if you want to reap any rewards

imo.....

leronich

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for one, before you figure, and if you're inquisitive, then do some research beyond sales prices.
then maybe you'll get a better idea of why someone would buy such names.

Thanks a lot, that explains the figures!
And what tools you can recommend for the investigations like that?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators