• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed HockeyForum.ca

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
2
I'm interested in your opinions on HockeyForum.ca guys.
And also Pilsner.ca

Comments are appreciated along with any appraisals.

Kevin.
 
The first one is nice. Hockey is very popular in Canada. I think if you put a forum script on it you'll do very well. Second one may have tm issues.
 
Well I liove near Toronto and hockey is big here ij Canada s you know. I think you should make a forum. It would be popular in no time.
 
Don't think pilsner is a TM issue, there are lots of beers that call themselves pilsner. It's a kind of beer, like 'pale ale' or 'dark beer', far as I know.
 
Thanks for the feedback.

I do think the hockeyforum would do well if I set it up well. If I cleverly phoned in to a few morning radio stations locally and popped the domain name out with an attraction of sorts I could muster up some action there, Run a few contests as well. And of course the name speaks for itself here in Canada.

As for the Pilsner, I haven't checked for trademark but the word itself is widely used as a "type" of beer and not a "brand". Same as the terms "lager, ale, pale ale, etc..."

I've only had these names a day now, but I'm thrilled about them. And anxious to get some outside opinions because "I LOVE HOCKEY and I LOVE BEER" Yes I'm Canadian. And considering I have a personal attachement to both of these names I wonder if I might think of them being worth more than they are. So I'll say it again, Comments are very much appreciated to keep it real for me on the dollar side of this grab.

Thanks guys and happy halloween.

Kevin.
 
Nice! You have to develop it and it will attract not only Canadians but Americans as well. Once a site is developed, people will visit (providing you have done your homework) no matter where they live. CA stands for California too...
 
hockeyforum.ca is superb. Develop it and use those guerilla marketing tactics you described.
 
You have a winner with hockeyforum.ca - I LOVE it. :) I know a lot of people around here who are mad for hockey and thrilled to have it back. Clever idea on calling in to a few radio talk shows and 'mentioning' the site. Let us know when it's developed - I'd love to see how it does for you.

PS. I have footballforums.ca - just never seemed to get the same reaction as hockey. :)
 
footballforums.ca is a good one too, unfortunately most football fans here in Canada are outdoors type people. And don't hit the puter too much. Football has a strong following for the CFL here in Ottawa, very strong in fact. All the football freaks I know here do spend alot of time out with the family and friends.

I suppose I'm lucky with hockeyforum.ca being all of us hockey fans like a few brew at home in front of the big screen with friends. Myself and good friends I have do spend alot of time outdoors but we do find the time to hit the net.

Now I will have to take the time to develop it as a forum (which will be the easy part) I'm thinking an index page with the days news, scores, events, trivia, and some prizes for participation to get the ball rolling.

I used to own a sport card and supply wholesale outlet in Toronto, then a retail outlet in Ottawa back in the early 90's... when the card and comic boom slowed down I also closed them down.. the contects of these business' are still in storage (time capsule?) I'll have to pull out some of the gems for prizes.

Thanks for the conitinued input.. keep it coming guys. With each comment I come closer to knowing its value, and it's giving me the drive I'll need to get started on it.


Kevin.
 
nice name. If you're looking for help with it, let me know. I also have NHLForum.ca and NHLForums.ca!
 
I just did some real quick research on the hockey forum type of site and see that only one is top notch. it happens to be hockeyforums.com

Pretty busy place and has an OK alexa number. I checked the other possible names in .com and .ca and wasnt too impressed or inspired, but seeing hockeyforums.com gave me a little push.

Now I need to rumble around that forum and see what its all about.

As for help, not sure if i need it.. but im always open for some fun and two is always greater than one.
Maybe at an oportune time we can shoot the sh*t, maybe help each other out.

Kevin
 
Of the major North American sports, hockey is the smallest when it comes to an online presence.
 
I agree.

Basketball and Baseball are probably the big hitters in North America.
And Soccer (Football) in Europe and other countries.
I can beleive equestrian would have a big following online as well.

When I commented on Football in the .ca... It would be for CFL and not NFL.
I'm certain NFL kicks some butt as well in the US.

Kevin.
 
Yes, but in Canada we play with bigger balls. (reference to CFL vs. NFL, LOL)... apologies to ladies in the thread.

I still feel the .ca extension for the hockey forum has huge potential. .ca is heavily used by the Canadian 'net community - witness the popularity of the .ca thread here on DNF. That latter thread is obviously used by Canadian webmasters or domainers, but it shows how the .ca extension has penetrated the Canadian market. There is plenty of room to grown.

Rob (all IMHO, of course ;))
 
JackSplat - thanks for the opinion on my domain too (footballforums.ca).

.ca's just seem to continue growing in popularity - I think they're a good investment, and again I believe hockeyforum.ca is an especially attractive domain to develop.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom