Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Holy crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargate raised their pricing for registrations to $13.95 and transfers to $10.

Domain summit 2024

It doesn't surprise me that they would raise their transfer price. Better than 50% of our tranfers require manual intervention, often more than once. You can't afford to do this without either chargine for failed transfers, or at least charging a reasonable markup on transfers.

Many registrars are now doing both.

I don't see on their website where they have raised their registration prices though.

-t

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But at $8.88/domain (if you get more than one) with the ease of owner transfer -- they're still my choice.

Hey that's old news :D Since then I've gotten a bulk account; all registrations/transfers/renewals at $8.

Plenty of cheap registrars around now anyway,

powerpipe.com 7.99
godaddy.com 8.95

Interesting, powerpipe.com finds as available a domain I just registered :D

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Timechange, Powerpipe's Whois system is all messed up for a good time now. Domains purchased months ago show up as available. I use 000domains.com as my Domain availbility checker.

And if there available on 000domains, I register them over at PP dotcom. That's where I purchase all my domains. And as a super-domain-collector-magician-soldier-pimp-of-bluechip-domains. I'd consider that a great honor, bestowed upon powerpipe.

My recommendation is as good as gold. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators