Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Honest Opinions Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TopNames was rude in most of our private correspondence and refused to help when I kindly said several times that he was the only person who could help.
I was very polite and told him what the problem was and he kept ignoring me saying, "it's not my problem."

You guys don't understand that he sent the wrong file in the first place, so it was his problem, but he was too stubborn to read my messages or he would have realized this in the first place, not several e-mails and a whole thread later.

I admit that after asking him at least 4 times for help to resolve this problem that he was responsible for causing, and being rejected each time, I was angry, but rightfully so.
If it wasn't for DogStar finding out that a .DAT file was missing and telling him this, I am sure TopNames would have continued to ignore the problem he was responsible for causing.

Yes we all make mistakes, but we don't blame them on others and we also appologize when we realize we've done something wrong.

You guys want me to thank him: for being rude to me, ignoring me, telling me there is not a problem when I clearly explain to him that there is, and for saying to me that he doesn't want to help resolve a problem he was responsible for!

I've also dealt with TopNames before (have bought two domains from him in the past) and that deal went without a hitch. But my recent dealing with him was terrible.

Say what you like: I'm the bad guy / asshole, I don't care. I know I acted appropriately the whole time and he is the one responsible for making this an unpleasant and embarrassing situation for all of us involved.
I will not forgive him for that.

I now have what I paid for and look forward to moving on.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dogstar said:
Being in the middle of things when they go wrong can be a nightmare. There seemed to be no way for me to fix it. The train just derailed...

I told my wife that this would be the easiest $500 bucks I ever made. Boy oh boy was I wrong.

LOL....it's never easy :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:

Good idea. :party:

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
TopNames was rude in most of our private correspondence and refused to help when I kindly said several times that he was the only person who could help.
I was very polite and told him what the problem was and he kept ignoring me saying, "it's not my problem."

You guys don't understand that he sent the wrong file in the first place, so it was his problem, but he was too stubborn to read my messages or he would have realized this in the first place, not several e-mails and a whole thread later.

I admit that after asking him at least 4 times for help to resolve this problem that he was responsible for causing, and being rejected each time, I was angry, but rightfully so.
If it wasn't for DogStar finding out that a .DAT file was missing and telling him this, I am sure TopNames would have continued to ignore the problem he was responsible for causing.

Yes we all make mistakes, but we don't blame them on others and we also appologize when we realize we've done something wrong.

You guys want me to thank him: for being rude to me, ignoring me, telling me there is not a problem when I clearly explain to him that there is, and for saying to me that he doesn't want to help resolve a problem he was responsible for!

I've also dealt with TopNames before (have bought two domains from him in the past) and that deal went without a hitch. But my recent dealing with him was terrible.

Say what you like: I'm the bad guy / asshole, I don't care. I know I acted appropriately the whole time and he is the one responsible for making this an unpleasant and embarrassing situation for all of us involved.
I will not forgive him for that.

"it's not my problem."

maybe because it isn't. :p

Ken was nice enough to help you out, still don't know what you're going on about.

Normally I would say I don't appreciate when people go public with issues but HE DIDNT.

He asked for advice on an anonymous situation and one of you stepped in.

= 2 cents =

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:

What part of I WAS AT WORK do you not understand. I was not too stubborn...I just wasn't able to check to see if there was a DAT file until I got home from work.

clicknow.to said:
I was angry, but rightfully so.

Rightfully so? I didn't sell you anything. Again, that's like buy a car from your neighbor and then taking it to the dealership he bought it from and bitching the car dosen't run right. I had no sale with you.

clicknow.to said:

As soon as I got home, I checked to see if a file was missed. I sent you the file and my phone number and told you to call with any questions. I never blamed anyone for the missing file. I admited in this thread I missed the file...I didn't blame Dogstar for not sending you the file.

clicknow.to said:
I am sure TopNames would have continued to ignore the problem he was responsible for causing.

Be very carfeul my friend. I consider your statements slander. I have NEVER screwed anyone in these forums in more than two years. My word is my bond as you could see when I would not sell the site to a higher bidder after I agreed in terms with Dogstar and I redirected the higher bidder to Dogstar. I think that shows my ethics and moral fiber.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Again...I never mentioned your name or the site...you came into the thread on your own. Here are my PMs to you that you call rude:

"Hi Steven,

Please try and understand that you are asking me to support a product you purchased from another seller. It puts me in a weird position. I sell it to her, I'm offered more than what she paid but I honor my deal...she flips it out for much more then she paid and then forwards support requests to me. It's not that I don't want to help you, but your support questions should be directed to her as I gave her a complete rundown on how to use the software and the site.

I am honestly sorry if you don't understand this.

Best regards,
Ken"

"Hi Steven,

I almost forgot to mention the hosting problem. I hope Dogstar discussed it with you. I had arranged for her (I think it's a her) to use my hosting for 1 year as a favor to her since I was unable to transfer the account without causing downtime for the site...but that is not transferrable to another party.

I won't close the site today, but you will need to arrange for hosting. Please let me know when you have a host in place so I can cancel the account.

Best regards,
Ken"

Now, after a few PMs back and fourth,
I get this PM from you:

"Can you please tell me how to produce the Product Key to activate the software for paying customers?

I guess you can't, or you would have already, right. Well how did you deactivate the trial version part of the software for all the sales you made?

I'm not asking for support, I just want what I paid for and honesty; if the this part of the software has an error, just say so.

Sincerely,

Steven"

You accuse me of selling a non-workign software package and that was when you got this PM from me:

"This is amazing to me, you bought the site from here and now your getting short with me becuase your not getting the support you expect from me when I didn't sell you the site. I even gave her my phone number in case she had any questions and she never used it. I explained to her how to activate the software and the 15 day nag is there to induce the downloader to buy a key. If the date is changed back, it will even catch the date change cheat. Your support issues are with Dogstar. I am not in business to support other reseller's sites.

Did Dogstar also give you all those extra domains like Spyonkids.com and spyonwofe.com? I gave her them for free as pointers.

The software does not have an error and works perfectly. I sold many of these without any issues whatsoever.

I don't like the fact that my honor is being questioned when I was offered 2x what she paid, but I still honored the sale and declined the other offes.

Please don't bother me with this anymore. Direct all your questions to DogStar."

The bottom line is that I had you up and running a few hours...as I promsed and this is how you act? You're all nice in the thread and then when you get the files you go off on me. There was no need for that. I refused your offer of money and I sincerely wanted to help you. Look at the one post where someone tells me not to help you...you got really upset and asked what I thought of this....I said "Don't worry...I will help you". You need to check yourself and realize I did help you. I just didn't want to be supporting a site someone else sold for months...which was my initial concern expressed to you.

What happens if you have another support issue...do you think I should help you.

Look at all the support I received from my friends on this forum...that's two years of honest business dealings talking. I have never screwed anyone over and I never will.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dogstar said:
Being in the middle of things when they go wrong can be a nightmare.

You were in the middle? How's that? I got stuck in the middle.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the software doesn't even work! no wonder you were soo rude and didn't want anything to do with it!
and don't say you didn't know the software has a MAJOR ERROR! You said you sold 25 copies in 1 month.
(are you going to now say you sent the wrong software, just like you said you sent the wrong key generator?)

the error that was received by two customers and myself is "run time error 70" after the Product Key has been entered and one trys to stop and / or start the software.
the software is USELESS!!!
this vital piece of information that the software doesn't work was missing from your sales description! no wonder you were soo difficult to deal with!
and no wonder you sold it for what seemed to be a fantastic price!

anyone can verify this by PMing me for the a Product Key, I will happy send it to anyone so you can see for yourself that I was ripped off and the software is useless!

QUOTE: "Now, after a few PMs back and fourth, I get this PM from you:"
Yeah, so where are the PMs back and forth???
Were they the ones you were rude to me in!!!

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
the software doesn't even work! no wonder you were soo rude and didn't want anything to do with it!
and don't say you didn't know the software has a MAJOR ERROR! You said you sold 25 copies in 1 month.
(are you going to now say you sent the wrong software, just like you said you sent the wrong key generator?)soo difficult to deal with!
and no wonder you sold it for what seemed to be a fantastic price!

Are you nuts? There is no "MAJOR ERROR" You don't send the key gen to a user...you only send the key it generates, which the user enters into the software. The software works great. I never had one user report a problem. Like I said before, I will buy the site back...no problem at all. The domain name alone is worth moer than 1K.

How about I post the software on this site and post a key to make the software work...this way people can judge for themselves. OK?

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why didn't you post my full quote above!!!
you took out the bits that were relevant and show you are a crook!!!

just had a friend test the software on his computer and he gets the same error!!!

of course i only send the generated key!
are you nuts???

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you have left me no choice.

I will post a key that is generated from the Product Key generator you sent me:

D57PRo2ErOAIdCiiyR

people can download the software from www.familyspy.com and see I am right and I was ripped off

you are such an AH!!!

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
why didn't you post my full quote above!!!
you took out the bits that were relevant and show you are a crook!!!

just had a friend test the software on his computer and he gets the same error!!!

of course i only send the generated key!
are you nuts???

I'm a crook? I ripped you off? But I didn't sell you anything and I said I would buy the site back.

Give the site back to Dogstar and Dogstar will refund your money. Dogstar will give the site back to me and I'll refund his money. Everyone is back to square one.

Now how do you think that makes me a crook or how does that make you get ripped off?

If you say I sent other PMs, please post them.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
QUOTE: "I'm a crook? I ripped you off? But I didn't sell you anything and I said I would buy the site back anyway. Now how do you think that makes me a crook?"

BY NOT SAYING THE SOFTWARE HAS A MAJOR ERROR IN YOUR SALE DESCRIPTION MAKES YOU A CROOK IN MY OPINION

can I have my money back now?

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
a screen cap of the error that was received on 4 out of 4 installations in different computers, using difrerent Keys:
http://www.familyspy.com/problem/runtimeerror.jpg

That error was reported twice and in both case the user did not have admin rights to the machine. Registry keys are generated during the install. The user logged in as an admin and the error stopped.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
QUOTE TopNames "That error was reported twice and in both case the user did not have admin rights to the machine. Registry keys aer generated during the install."

of course i have admin rights on my machine, in my eyes you have everyone fooled!

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
of course i have admin rights on my machine

you are a crook!

I'm a crook? I have everyone fooled? You are a whacko...I offered you a refund and you're still ranting. I'm standing behind my sale to DogStar. I have no problem buying the site back from him.

In more than 25 sales, I did not have any problems with the software.

Let me know what you want to do.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who else gets the error??? i will be very surprised if anyone doesn't.
5 out of 5 different people on different machines have now reported the same error!

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
who else gets the error??? i will be very surprised if anyone doesn't.
5 out of 5 different people on different machines have now reported the same error!

Yes, please post if you get the error.

I'm offerering you a refund and your still attacking me...for what purpose? For what point? If you attack me once more, I will NOT buy the site back. I have offered you a total reversal so you get a full refund and your still flipping out. What more do you want?

Make a decision...keep the site or not...but don't attack me again.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i will talk to DogStar... it is really not fair what you have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom